Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Occupational Injury

• 22-02-2008 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

legal advice in a hypothetical sence!;);)
    Mods delete if i'm out of order. ok i work in health sector caring for individuals who can be violent. In oct of last yr i was struck by one of said individuals in my lower back. since then i've been under the care of my own gp, a physio and some visits to an independant doctor nominated by my employers. My condition is improving somewhat but really is taking some time to heal. I've been on sick leave since incident with pay. Physio says its soft tissue damage and may take some time to heal fully. Have i any rights to claim some compensation for this incident? If i did, when i'm recovered, am i entitled to my old job back or in the event of my looking for another job in the same field i'm presently employed in would the fact i've gone down this route put future employers off hiring me?? any advice would be really appreciated. Many thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

what profession are you in? is the risk of voilence in your contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭minime1

Don't want to go into too much detail on my profession cos of confidentiality clause. just that i work in the health sector as a caregiver. Don't think there is anything in my contract about risk of violence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement