Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the fastest you've ever cycled?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i raced today in the Mullingar Credit Union Grand Prix, and my average was 40.2km/h over 70km or so. its the fastest race ive been in to date. ruff stuff

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 108 ✭✭conor rowan

78.3kph coming down mt after crossing into china. on a hybrid with rear panniers, wobbling like ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ventoux wrote: »
    HI
    Just increased my max by 4km to 86km at the weekend while on the tour of Ireland somewhere near Newry.It was about the only nice bit on the day.

was that near Spelga dam? I thought I was going to take off on some of those descents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

el tonto wrote: »
    Did 82km/h coming down the Kilbride side of the Sally Gap two weeks ago. I'm still a pretty cautious descender, so I'm sure I could push that out a bit more if I tried.

I got to 63km/h on the same decent, and was very happy with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ventoux

Raam wrote: »
    was that near Spelga dam? I thought I was going to take off on some of those descents.

Hi there,
    I think it was on one of the steep desents before the spelga.There were a couple of fast ones in that area around Dromara.You might need a few stones in your pockets the next time!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tripswitch

bassman22 wrote: »
    Don't know the speed but remember the moment. Took a wrong turn a few years ago coming home from glendalough and ended up flying down a hill into kilmacanogue, I just remember trying pedal in my highest gear and it was worse than slip gear cause it had absolutely no effect...

If a car came at the wrong moment there was four of us that would have screwed!!

I know that one. (It's on the way down from the Calary Quarry.) Did 80.4kph down it about two weeks ago. Wasn't too happy to see a little loose gravel just before the end of it!

Advertisement