Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher + Salt level...

Options
  • 22-02-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Silly question, I know, but just in case...
    Have an integrated Bosch dishwasher. Noticed that it was not cleaning the plates etc. as well. Thought it might be the salt level.
    Opened up the salt 'container', and it's full of water.
    Question: How much salt do I add? Do I fill it up, mixing it with the water?
    Cannot find the manual, and have googled the question, but cannot find anything specific.
    All help welcome! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Fill it to the top. The water will displace as you fill it up (salt being heavier than water). ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

to save money dont buy a packet of dishwasher salt,

instead buy water softener salt in a hardware store, its about €7 for enough to do you a few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yep, the bag of salt is a good idea...........and brim the little tank in the diswasher with the tablets. Clean dishes and happy days.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Don't bother just use the 5 in 1 tabs from Lidl - you don't need any salt or rinse aid - been using them over two years now they work fine and cheaper than the overpriced branded stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

eamon234 wrote: »
    Don't bother just use the 5 in 1 tabs from Lidl - you don't need any salt or rinse aid - been using them over two years now they work fine and cheaper than the overpriced branded stuff
    I still find that it works better with seperate salt even if you use the all in one tablets.

My mother uses those tablets but not seperate salt. I notice tiny grit like particles on her tea cups.

I would also top-up the salt resevoir regularly regardless of whether the indicator light comes on or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

I still find that it works better with seperate salt even if you use the all in one tablets.

My mother uses those tablets but not seperate salt. I notice tiny grit like particles on her tea cups.

I would also top-up the salt resevoir regularly regardless of whether the indicator light comes on or not.

I 100% agree

the salt in the tablets is nonsense

the dishwasher has a built in water softener, that removes lime from the incoming cold water using electrolisis

when the dishwasher is finised it fills the water softener with the salt water solution and reverses the current in the water softener to remove the lime from the softeners plates and into the salt solution, then it pumps the salty water out the waste pipe

if you dont put salt in the softener but use salt in the tables instead the lime will eventually cover the softeners plates/beads (may take a few weeks) and making them useless, and allowing the lime into the wash and leaving everything gritty

but a lot of you dont have limey water, so you wont need the softner

Advertisement