Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet new people in D.15?

Options
  • 23-02-2008 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Any suggestions for a mid 30's single girl returning to D.15 having lived abroad for 10 years... Don't really know anyone in the area, any suggestions for clubs, activities.. just to meet new people.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well I will be organising a Dublin 15 forum beers fairly shortly, so that might be a start. There are a few beers already in the pipeline (BGRH, Body Mods, joint BGRH/LL, and maybe more I don't know about) and Paddy's day/Easter week isn't far away, so when all that's out of the way I'll try and get something up and running.

Of course that's of no immediate help to you, hopefully someone can come up with something better for you so that you won't be sitting in for the next 6 weeks or so waiting for me to get my act together. :)

Of course if someone wants to organise an informal few pints in the area at any stage please feel free to do so, and in the meantime welcome to the D15 forum sunnystreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

If your out on your tod then the bell is grand as there are a fair few 30ish people there and its a quiet but grand spot.
    Its the type of pub you could bring the other half for a quiet drink,so nice and respectfull and a good crowd overall.

The lava lounge was good but thats a before heaven spot and the hounds a real lads pub.The vineyards more couples an unless ur into the trad sessions then avoid bradys.The 12th is a couples bar to.

Hope this helps you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 WildWood

I was thinking of joining the sports centre in coolmine. Looks like they have a good range of classes in the fitness centre and aquafit in the evenings. Don't necessarily know if it's a great way to meet people though, but it might be worth a try. I might give it a go for 3 months & see how I get on as some gyms are more social than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

WildWood wrote: »
    I was thinking of joining the sports centre in coolmine. Looks like they have a good range of classes in the fitness centre and aquafit in the evenings. Don't necessarily know if it's a great way to meet people though, but it might be worth a try. I might give it a go for 3 months & see how I get on as some gyms are more social than others.

i heard its a good gym an fairly cheap.After being in westpoint for a year some people seem to go to a gym just to meet people lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Blanchardstown Library has a conversation group on Wednesday evenings (7pm) where lots of people from different countries meet up for a chat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement