Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PI posting statistics

Options
  • 23-02-2008 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Are there statistics available that show volume of posts by time of day, or day of week.

I'm curious to see when the majority of PI posts are made - is it late at night or at the weekend etc.

Any help would be appreciated

:)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If you mean first posts, you could just open the last 100 threads and see the time. Too much work, maybe?

Can't see any relevance to time of replies.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

From personal experience the majority crop up between 2200 - 0400 and 1000 - 1200. Thats a ballpark estimate, but explained easilly, as most PI posts happen because a) you cant sleep unless you get something off your chest; or b) you've slept on something and require advice. Then some always pop up in the after work hours too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

esel wrote: »
    If you mean first posts, you could just open the last 100 threads and see the time. Too much work, maybe?

Can't see any relevance to time of replies.

You can't see any relevance - so what? Don't fcuking reply then.

Overheal - thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Don't fcuking reply then.

Less of the attitude Ian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

No worse than the attitude given to my question!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'll give you a tip Ian :) Posts complaining about other posters, about mod comments made on thread, containing pictures of cats are all as off-topic as each other.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dial "A" for Angst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Ian, i dont believe that there was *that much* attitude there. You have read too much into it.

That is worth noting for future reference when you are in PI.
    Both when you are posting and reading and responding to posts.

Deal with the post not the poster and we ARE strict in PI.

In answer though its hard to tell when teh most traffic comes through. i guess the same as any other forum.

But often you get therads started late in the evening, either by insomniacs with issues, people a little tiddly, or people juts reflecting

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Anger management needed. Head to soc and straight on for PI. :D

Advertisement