Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

ardmacha wrote: »
    UTV now appear to have a New Services tab in your account to allow you move to the new tariffs. This would be subject to the usual 6 months issue, but for most people this is not a problem as they do not plan to change their provider in the next 6 months anyway. The New Services tab for me shows that I had already moved to the new tariff (from 1 April ) as I had emailed them.

Still don't see why everyone should have to enter into a new contract for the exact same deal. T&C's are identical on old and new, as well as all the speeds, contention ratios etc.!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

nacimroc wrote: »
    Still don't see why everyone should have to enter into a new contract for the exact same deal. T&C's are identical on old and new, as well as all the speeds, contention ratios etc.!

Well I think, and I could be wrong, that in my case because I started with them in 2004 I am still under the original T&C and that they would really like me to be governed by the new T&C and I think there was some changes since then anyhow.

Simon201 wrote: »
    Well I think, and I could be wrong, that in my case because I started with them in 2004 I am still under the original T&C and that they would really like me to be governed by the new T&C and I think there was some changes since then anyhow.

Well after the hassle I had with them 2 weeks ago, I went on and looked through all the T&C's! Old and new! They are identical! Thats whats bothering me! The old T&C are still up on their website to compare them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

UTVs proposition is, we will move you on to the new tariffs - if you stay for 6 months, if you are planning to leave you can just have the old tariff! Obvious enough why they would do this, even if the customer might prefer otherwise. Presumably a lot of people do change provider when wholesale rates are reduced and new tariffs are introduced by resellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

ardmacha wrote: »
    UTV now appear to have a New Services tab in your account to allow you move to the new tariffs.

Can't see this anywhere on mine, I wonder if UTV are selective on who they offer this to?

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bountydublin

If someone could help me...
    I wrote to Utv in order to migrate with new tarif ( clicksilver 3mb) and I received this answer :
    We cannot automatically change your existing products and services as the technical requirement and/or Terms and Conditions you first agreed to, may be different in the new product.
    However migrating or adding a new product to your account is easy, simply review the product web site and then reply and confirm you have read and accepts the terms and conditions of our new Clicksilver 3MB tariff and I will migrate your account

but how ? :eek:

thank you
    Bounty :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Can't see this anywhere on mine, I wonder if UTV are selective on who they offer this to?

I'd emailed them, so pre-empted the situation. Perhaps they haven't rolled it out yet.

Bountydublin just email them back saying
    "I have read and accepts the terms and conditions of your new Clicksilver 3MB tariff, please migrate me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bountydublin

ok ardmacha,

I'm going to try by email...;)

This is a joke! I emailed them weeks ago asking to switch me to new tarriff and told 2 friends in the same situation to do the same.

Theres got transfered no problem, as well as other people on here, but yet I have to sign up to a new contract.

I contacted COMREG yesterday and lodged an official complaint with UTV which they have 10 days to sort out. COMREG were great by the way! Highly recommend them to anyone having trouble!

2 months on, still on a 2mbit line and only had 3 weeks service on a slower line even though they are scamming me for 2 full months as well as all the contract BS. They are a JOKE!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've been a UTV customer for more than a year and am moving house this week and they most certainly will not be coming with me. The line is very slow (Ellis Quay in Dublin), there have been numerous connection problems and did I mention that the 3 meg line is apallingly slow?

Wouldn't recommend them.

• Advertisement

This is gone beyond a joke! I realise its Sunday, but I'm only gettin 88kb/s off my 2 mbit line (which should be 3, but they're hopeless).

How will they manage to upgrade the lines to a 7.6 mbit if they can't handle a 1 mbit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

This is gone beyond a joke! I realise its Sunday, but I'm only gettin 88kb/s off my 2 mbit line (which should be 3, but they're hopeless).

How will they manage to upgrade the lines to a 7.6 mbit if they can't handle a 1 mbit ?

The upgrade will be done at Eircoms end. UTV won't have to lift a finger.

But they still have to handle the extra bandwidth ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

But they still have to handle the extra bandwidth ?

Have you checked your line stats? If you line is not up to it there is nothing that UTV can do about it except to make sure that they do not put you on a speed that your line cannot handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I'm still getting billed by UTV after switching to Smart in mid Feb.When I finally got through to someone yesterday I was told that the reason I'm still getting billed for Internet is that I didn't cancel it officially in writing.How the f**k cna they get away with this?

I did a bit transfer from UTV to Smart.... surely they know I'm with Smart? How can they charge me when I'm with Smart? :rolleyes: I'm confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

On Clicksilver your connection will be automatically dropped if you have it left connected for 48 continious hours. This is to calculate your data usage. The same applies if you're on the no-cap option, like I am.

Actually, I think it's the DHCP server reshuffling IP addresses. Your IP is dynamic. BT Ireland do it every 1440 minutes exactly (24 hours).

--
    When I cancelled with UTV back in 2006, they wanted it in writing, and 30 days in advance of the termination. However, I'm unsure as to whether they can legally get away with billing you when it's clear you did a service transfer to Smart. Check with ComReg.

Advertisement