Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about stoves kw.

Options
  • 23-02-2008 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hi
    When choosing a stove how do i Calculate which KW I need?
    I have calculated the btu / Watt requirement for each room. Do i simply add them all up and there is my KW requirement?

Also a quick question on heat output...
    Its sort of a chicken and the egg question.

Is it wise to marginaly over spec your stove - the reason i ask is that a 30kw stove may be more efficient than a 21 kw stove? Theoreticly if you put 6 briquettes in the 30kw stove and 6 briquettes in the 21kw stove is the heat output limited by your ammount of fuel or by the stove effiicency?

Hope i phrased that well enough to understand!!

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

as far as i understand the size of the boiler is determined by the size of the heat exchanger therefore how much water is in contact with hot metal at any one time so a large amount of fuel would be more efficient in a larger boiler and a small amount in a smaller boiler

p.s dont forget to add about 12000 btu for the coil in the cylinder and 10000 btu for heat loss from pipes

Advertisement