Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

muffler wrote: »
    I might be in Cheers Bar if any of you want to pop in and say hello and buy me a drink

Ach, no way! Not only am I going to miss the stripping sheep, I'll be missing meeting THE muffler! I'm sure you will hear Mr Tulip within a 3km radius..... :p

Mrs Thistle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Ach, no way! Not only am I going to miss the stripping sheep, I'll be missing meeting THE muffler! I'm sure you will hear Mr Tulip within a 3km radius..... :p

Mrs Thistle
    Yep we were going to send him in to scout the place out first in case ambush! Or perhaps you garthm or would that be lambs to slaughter? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

tuppence wrote: »
    Yep we were going to send him in to scout the place out first in case ambush! Or perhaps you garthm or would that be lambs to slaughter? :p

i am well used to the lambs to the slaughter scenario with mr tulip and work everyday!;)
    Really looking forward to it, not sure what kind of rovers crowd there will be, last i heard the numbers for the bus were not great but am guessing a lot will make their own way up

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

I know me wimmin and I know me sheep even better. Oh arr.

muffler a bit off topic this.
    different rules for you obviously on a sligo rovers thread
    you will hardly ban yourself for a week

Sligored wrote: »
    muffler a bit off topic this.
    different rules for you obviously on a sligo rovers thread
    you will hardly ban yourself for a week

dont worry we will ban him tonight in the pub!!!;) you have been banned before and are not bitter then?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

dont worry we will ban him tonight in the pub!!!;) you have been banned before and are not bitter then?:D

sorry but thats not the point tulip
    rules are rules and it is the mods job to enforce them , not to break them.
    the iron fist only comes out when it suits muffler

Sligored wrote: »
    sorry but thats not the point tulip
    rules are rules and it is the mods job to enforce them , not to break them.
    the iron fist only comes out when it suits muffler

we are not too serious on this site!! rules are there to be broken!!!

Hooray the match is on today. we start drinken at 2 so muffler you wil notice me!!! haha I will be the dutch one shouting the loudest and not one of the aforemetioned strippers!! I will if youse get me drunk enough!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lads.. let's get back on topic please.

Sligored.. if you've a problem with muffler, take it up with Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

come on the bit o red tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sligored, this thread has been running along nicely without a single complaint up till now. It has got quite a lot of posts in the last few days and one of the reasons being that Sligo Rovers will be playing my home team in a North West derby tonight. For your benefit that would be Finn Harps. There has been a good bit of light hearted banter and humour thrown in for good measure. But you are obviously not happy with that. It’s quite obvious that your problem is with me as you haven’t quoted or reported any other posts that would have been a bit off topic.And your last couple of posts have been on topic have they?

Myself and basquille will decide what is acceptable here and certainly not you. If you want to discuss the moderation (or in your case throw the toys out of the pram like a spoilt child) of this or any thread then you wont do it here. You know by now what your options are and one of them being, as basquille said, start a thread in feedback. God knows you wont be the first but here’s wishing you better luck than the last person who did so. You can also PM me if you wish – I don’t bite, well not during daylight hours anyhow. Or you can come up to Ballybofey tonight and meet me in person and I will even allow you to buy me a drink.

If you wish to contribute something to this thread then by all means please do so. If you post again with any comment that is in no way linked to the topic then you will be gone from here (again and for a longer time). And that is my final word on it.

Its just a shame that it takes one person to spoil what has been a good thread. Your nickname isn’t party pooper by any chance?

C'mon The Harps

• Advertisement

can we go back on thread again and talk p*ss again??? We having a good laugh here!!

GO ROVERS

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

C'mon Derry.:D

smashey wrote: »
    C'mon Derry.:D

well done with talking p*ss!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I hope Sligo take a few points off Derry ... keep 'em off Bohs' ass. :pac:

we are not too serious on this site!! rules are there to be broken!!!

Hooray the match is on today. we start drinken at 2 so muffler you wil notice me!!! haha I will be the dutch one shouting the loudest and not one of the aforemetioned strippers!! I will if youse get me drunk enough!!!

Start drinking at 2!:eek: watch out Ballybofey:p, dont get too sloshed or you might not even get into Finn park, Muffler might tip off the stewards to look out for a drunken dutchman;)

Start drinking at 2!:eek: watch out Ballybofey:p, dont get too sloshed or you might not even get into Finn park, Muffler might tip off the stewards to look out for a drunken dutchman;)

I thought thats the point of football, getting sloshed. I send one of the male strippers first so i can see if the stewards have been tipped off!! is muffler moderating the entrance to finn park aswell??:confused:

is muffler moderating the entrance to finn park aswell??:confused:

If he is & I show up wearing a Bohs scarf, he might ban me from the ground for being "off topic". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I hope theres a drastic change in the weather for you all tonight. Its miserable out.

I'll think of you all together, fighting, getting banned from Donegal etc, while I'm in my pj's in front of the fire...:D

sueme wrote: »
    I hope theres a drastic change in the weather for you all tonight. Its miserable out.

I'll think of you all together, fighting, getting banned from Donegal etc, while I'm in my pj's in front of the fire...:D

when we're barred from donegal we will join you at the fire next match to harps!!

when we're barred from donegal we will join you at the fire next match to harps!!

Deal!

(except if you start drinking at 2pm then I'll have to put you in the shed!)

• Advertisement

sueme wrote: »
    Deal!

(except if you start drinking at 2pm then I'll have to put you in the shed!)

So, THAT'S how you get your DIY done... and there was me thinking you did it yourself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mod post. Seeing as I can no longer post here without running the risk of the likes of Sligored (previously banned) taking exception to my posts and Gustavo (previously infracted) thanking him for doing so I would be failing in my duty if I did not ask you all to stay on topic. I dont want any of you to give these nice 2 chappies the opportunity to start a campaign of reporting posts that are off topic as I would then have to use the auld "iron fist" and lock the thread.

An old saying springs to mind "Im damn if I do and Im damn if I dont". Seeing as this as a mod post I assume it wont be questioned.

I think this will be my last post in this thread so I wont be reading it and I wont be aware if posts are off topic or not.

This is ridiculous carry on. This is a good forum, but I'm fed up with all the bickering. Quit the whining, and personal attacks. :mad:

Match predictions so?

Sligo 1-1 Finn Harps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Harps 1-2 Rovers

Mod post. Seeing as I can no longer post here without running the risk of the likes of Sligored (previously banned) taking exception to my posts and Gustavo (previously infracted) thanking him for doing so I would be failing in my duty if I did not ask you all to stay on topic. I dont want any of you to give these nice 2 chappies the opportunity to start a campaign of reporting posts that are off topic as I would then have to use the auld "iron fist" and lock the thread.

An old saying springs to mind "Im damn if I do and Im damn if I dont". Seeing as this as a mod post I assume it wont be questioned.

I think this will be my last post in this thread so I wont be reading it and I wont be aware if posts are off topic or not.

it's a shame that some people have to spoil a funny thread. we had great fun but according to some, the boards is only for serious talk. complaining about going off topic while everyone was still talking about rovers and the harps, and had great pleasure doing so. me and the mrs did anyway. I'm off to the pub to start drinking (dutch courage to meet the muffler now he's not looking at this thread) Can the whiners not open their own thread and make it a sticky so they dont bother us fun loving rovers fans (and one harps oh and a derry and bohs one) See you all tonight.

I heard on the radio that we are segregated. Do they do that in the pubs aswell???

I heard on the radio that we are segregated. Do they do that in the pubs aswell???

Yep - Ladies in the lounge, Lads at the bar. Proper order.

Yep - Ladies in the lounge, Lads at the bar. Proper order.

I thought they should be chained to the sink, is there a lounge in the grounds:confused:

There will only be one entrance for rovers fans tonight and this is going to be strcitly enforced according to the radio,(any rovers fan using the Harps entrance is liable to be shot!:p) cant remember the name of the road the entrance is on but im sure someone will know, Am going for a 2-1 rovers win as well:), Judge to come off the bench and get the winner;) (unless of course he is starting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i'll be in a pub in south london, but i'll be with you all in spirit, or is that drinking spirits, either way, com on sligeach

Advertisement