Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I just had a guy selling Rovers competition tickets at my door. I'd just like to now say...whooooooot wooooooo!

SEE Y'ALL SATURDAY!

Who me? I've always loved football. Yes sir-ee. Love it.

P.S. Anyone know of a "football for dummies" book, needed urgently...

Great picture of rovers fans at harps in the weekender today but i dont see any of the mature ultras:(

I miss the online edition. Not enough to subscribe mind you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Great picture of rovers fans at harps in the weekender today but i dont see any of the mature ultras:(

and we saw the whole match! the least they can do is put our mugs in the paper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

sueme wrote: »
    I just had a guy selling Rovers competition tickets at my door. I'd just like to now say...whooooooot wooooooo!

SEE Y'ALL SATURDAY!

I hope you bought a ticket?!

no need to know the rules we dont either we just swear at the ref!!! just get drunk and you will think it's great. thats what we do and just repeat something you heard someone say in the pub. works for us!!

• Advertisement

and we saw the whole match! the least they can do is put our mugs in the paper!!

we must not have looked too photogenic, will have to make ourselves more presentable looking for shams!:p

No, I was playing hard to get! :p

we must not have looked too photogenic, will have to make ourselves more presentable looking for shams!:p

Well I'll be in full make-up, heels etc next week. You lot stick to the tracksuits, I need all the help I can get!

no need to know the rules we dont either we just swear at the ref!!! just get drunk and you will think it's great. thats what we do and just repeat something you heard someone say in the pub. works for us!!

I don't drink, so I'm not sure sober shouting at the ref would be as much fun. I'll go for the mysterious look, as the whole thing will be a mystery to me anyway.

EDIT: Must learn to Multi-Quote. Apologies.

Stay on topic!! We were obviously talking about the guy who was selling the tickets not the actual ticket - sigh!..... Weren't we?
    But do go Sueme. I don't understand the offside rule either - I am a girl after all....My friend sent me an email explaining it in female speak, I'll try to find it for you.
    Mrs Thistle

• Advertisement

Well I'll be in full make-up, heels etc next week. You lot stick to the tracksuits, I need all the help I can get!

dont worry if your beside our motley crew of ultras you will have no trouble looking good!:D, only jokin we are the best looking groups of fans in the league!:p

Stay on topic!! We were obviously talking about the guy who was selling the tickets not the actual ticket - sigh!..... Weren't we?
    But do go Sueme. I don't understand the offside rule either - I am a girl after all....My friend sent me an email explaining it in female speak, I'll try to find it for you.
    Mrs Thistle

Female Speak aka English.

Thanks Mrs T. You know, you don't have to sign which one you are, although your both barking, your posts are generally a little less so. :D

I could just put Mrs....? I'm going to try and paste the "offside rule for girls"

THE OFFSIDE RULE EXPLAINED FOR GIRLS!!!! You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have. The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses. It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes. The shop assistant remains at the till waiting. Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma. She prepares to throw her purse to you. If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes. At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, *whilst it is in flight* you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes. Always remembering that until the purse has *actually been thrown* it would be plain wrong to be forward of the other girl!

Clear now? All set for Saturday then?

I could just put Mrs....? I'm going to try and paste the "offside rule for girls"

THE OFFSIDE RULE EXPLAINED FOR GIRLS!!!! You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have. The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses. It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes. The shop assistant remains at the till waiting. Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma. She prepares to throw her purse to you. If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes. At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, *whilst it is in flight* you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes. Always remembering that until the purse has *actually been thrown* it would be plain wrong to be forward of the other girl!

Clear now? All set for Saturday then?

You, Mrs T, are a star!
    See, clear as day now. Why can't men explain things properly...:confused:

Btw, would red highlights be too much??

You, Mrs T, are a star!
    See, clear as day now. Why can't men explain things properly...:confused:

Btw, would red highlights be too much??

Yeah, like it's simple, isn't it???!!!? Would the red highlights be on blonde hair? Coz that'll be perfect! Ticket selling guy will be astounded with your devotion. You'll pick a red that won't clash with my pink, won't you?
    Can't wait till Saturday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

SEE Y'ALL SATURDAY!

I have "Everything a girl needs to know about football"

I'm halfway through reading it too! (Mr Xiney bought it for me nearly 3 years ago but sure, it's more a reflection of my dedication than on the quality of the book)

I don't drink, so I'm not sure sober shouting at the ref would be as much fun. I'll go for the mysterious look, as the whole thing will be a mystery to me anyway.

I don't drink either but sometimes I can't help myself with references to the ref.
    Xiney wrote: »
    I have "Everything a girl needs to know about football"

I'm halfway through reading it too! (Mr Xiney bought it for me nearly 3 years ago but sure, it's more a reflection of my dedication than on the quality of the book)

So basically, you'll have to be there (with book) to talk us through it....:D

Unfortunately it seems I've had the shortest career as a rovers supporter in the history of the club - I work Friday/Saturday evenings these days :(

I don't drink either but sometimes I can't help myself with references to the ref.

Nights at the showgrounds are great, one of the only places you can spend 90 mins screaming abuse at complete strangers and not get arrested or carted off in a straight jacket:p

From Sligo Post today:eek: :D
    "Do you know Sligo Rovers fittest female fan?. The Sligo Post is launching the search for the Bit O Red fan that can bring a a Bit O Glamour to the Showgrounds. If you would like to get involved, or you think you know the perfect Roverette contact us at the Sligo Post" Any volunteers or nominations:p

• Advertisement

"Do you know Sligo Rovers fittest female fan?. The Sligo Post is launching the search for the Bit O Red fan that can bring a a Bit O Glamour to the Showgrounds. If you would like to get involved, or you think you know the perfect Roverette contact us at the Sligo Post" Any volunteers or nominations:p

Sueme! Here's your chance!! Garth, don't you know a few? ;)

ewwwwwww

Glamour Sligo Post Style? *retch*

This does indeed look like a sign from heaven. But there's one or two flaws.

1. I'm about 20 years too old for the Posts taste.

2. Even if I wasn't, I wouldn't be to the Posts taste.

3. The term "Roverette" makes me nauseous.

Now, if "Irelands Own" were running a similar competition, I may be in with a chance...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

You cant help yourself can you garth,. There you go opening up the hornets nest again and only a couple of days off the match and everything :mad:

Glamour. Hey , Is this my chance to wear the wedding dress I bought in McElhinneys. Doh! :eek::D

I know a few that go but they are usually the girls from work that harrass me at the games:o:D and dont think they would be suitable;)

tuppence wrote: »
    You cant help yourself can you garth,. There you go opening up the hornets nest again and only a couple of days off the match and everything :mad:

Stop trying to throw us off the scent tuppence, we all know you will be entering the competition :p:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

tuppence wrote: »

Stop trying to throw us off the scent tuppence, we all know you will be entering the competition :p:D
    Am afraid i would be ineligible too, under 'mature ultra' status.
    Thats what they told me when I asked anyway. Doh! :o

Tiara goes back in cupboard again :(

dont forget that rovers are also playing in the league cup against galway united on tuesday night in the showgrounds, not sure if its 7.45 or 8pm kick off,

dont forget that rovers are also playing in the league cup against galway united on tuesday night in the showgrounds, not sure if its 7.45 or 8pm kick off,

HOORAY we got two nights out this week!

next week cork, beware we will be there!!

• Advertisement

I heard today that Liverpool er.. ex-players (all-stars, retired, mature-ultras, I don't know the correct term) are playing in the Showgrounds during the summer. Theres a function after to meet them, one player seated at each table, tickets e100.

None of this means anything to me, but I thought it might to ye!

Advertisement