Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

sueme wrote: »
    I heard today that Liverpool er.. ex-players (all-stars, retired, mature-ultras, I don't know the correct term) are playing in the Showgrounds during the summer. Theres a function after to meet them, one player seated at each table, tickets e100.

None of this means anything to me, but I thought it might to ye!

beside sligo I support Feyenoord and Chelsea and in that order! liverpool maens nothing to me (LOSERS) hahaha thanks mentioning there will be people who would like it, is there?;)
    (Please don't forget Dundee Utd.!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

hate liverpool:mad: but this event should be a good fundraiser for the club, it will be costing the club a lot to bring these guys over so really need a good crowd to make sure rovers make a decent profit, here is a link for more details
    http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/521/88/

galway, ucd and bray all got good results tonight so bit more pressure on rovers, if we can beat shams tomorrow will be in 5th place, a pretty good incentive to have, a lot of people predicted we would be involved in relegation struggle, look more like european contenders at this stage rather than relegation material

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I heard today that Liverpool er.. ex-players (all-stars, retired, mature-ultras, I don't know the correct term) are playing in the Showgrounds during the summer. Theres a function after to meet them, one player seated at each table, tickets e100.

None of this means anything to me, but I thought it might to ye!

its a 'legends' match, match is in june, tickets went on sale at the match against galway a couple weeks ago, and were for sales at all home matches, not sure if would be any left

dont know all the details for the funtion yet

I just had a guy selling Rovers competition tickets at my door. I'd just like to now say...whooooooot wooooooo!

SEE Y'ALL SATURDAY!..

So, will we be seeing Sligo Rovers number 1 fan tonight? Don't worry we won't let on that it is your first time.... ;)

C'mon Rovers!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

great result...3-2,we got lucy near the end but deserved it as dominated for 70 mins of the match

brilliant result, the score flattered shams a bit, we were definitely better than the 3-2 suggests, up into 5th now! wasnt far off with my 3-1 prediction;)

the only thing the rovers can learn from the shams is to keep fighting! I liked watching this match and loved it a lot that we could tell the fans from shams who stayed in the pub that they missed two goals, I would never do that!?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is vertigo the fear of heights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

as a matter of interest could anyone at the match read the ''no to lisbon'' banner clearly from ye're position??it was at the railway end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Resistance

Just if anyone is interested here’s Rovers ultras site

http://sligorovers.proboards53.com/

We’ve been making a vocal and visual impact at home and away games this year. We’ve some big tifo displays planned

FORZA ROVERS

Resistance wrote: »

We’ve been making a vocal and visual impact at home and away games this year. We’ve some big tifo displays planned

FORZA ROVERS

I'm already on that site too. great youse sponsor a player, excellent!!

for those who didnt make it to game here are some highlights from youtube (from a shams perspective)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=y52yGQoPRyA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Resistance wrote: »

FORZA ROVERS

A couple of your lads had refs whistles at the last game, i saw some people giving out to them and they got dogs abuse

any chance you could have a word as it:
    WILL Get the club in trouble,
    A rovers player could stop running when he hears a whistle/ cost us a goal
    Its poor form in general

Cheers!

tough game tonight i think, id say cookie will definitely rest a few players with cork city game coming up, still think the squad is strong enough to cope though...i hope! Galway will also have something to prove after the hammering they got a few weeks ago and they got a very good result against derry, im going with rovers to get a 2-1 win:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I'd hope we still do put out a strong team as the League cup is there to be won not sure if Peers is available

I'd go with
    Jennings
    Coleman McKenzie Ventre Foy
    Cash O'Grady Murphy Moore
    Faz Judge
    with Boco , Butler Brushy Almeida and Raf on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

gustavo wrote: »
    I'd go with
    Jennings
    Coleman McKenzie Ventre Foy
    Cash O'Grady Murphy Moore
    Faz Judge
    with Boco , Butler Brushy Almeida and Raf on the bench

With all due respect, they sound like a great Ballroom Dancing team. :D

With all due respect, they sound like a great Ballroom Dancing team. :D

Where were you Saturday? There were no high heels to be seen! I was looking EVERYWHERE for you..... well, no I wasn't, I was following the wee man ALL around the Showgrounds! We ended up going home at half time (me and the wee man)due to sheer exhaustion on my *cough* I mean his part.....

tough game tonight i think, id say cookie will definitely rest a few players with cork city game coming up, still think the squad is strong enough to cope though...i hope! Galway will also have something to prove after the hammering they got a few weeks ago and they got a very good result against derry, im going with rovers to get a 2-1 win:)

well if we play like saturday (the first 70 min, dont know what happend after that. well second half was pure panic football) we have a change. i hate i cant go coz i have to work late to take the days of to go to cork.

my wee man was in the sligo weekender, ahh his first time in the paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Resistance

elshambo wrote: »
    A couple of your lads had refs whistles at the last game, i saw some people giving out to them and they got dogs abuse

Its poor form in general

Cheers!

Don’t know what you’re talking about but it had nothing to do with Forza Rovers if some individuals have whistles and use them it’s up to the stewards to remove them. We’re not going getting involved in policing/stewarding matters in the Showgrounds especially when it wasn’t organised by Forza Rovers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Was there not the odd whistle in Finn Park too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Where were you Saturday? There were no high heels to be seen! I was looking EVERYWHERE for you..... well, no I wasn't, I was following the wee man ALL around the Showgrounds! We ended up going home at half time (me and the wee man)due to sheer exhaustion on my *cough* I mean his part.....

I didn't want to distract the boys Mrs T...

Ok I bottled it!:o

elshambo wrote: »

Its poor form in general

Cheers!

there was one guy with a whisle and nobody paid any attention (players i mean) to that. a shame though coz he only used it when the sham had the ball. dont really think it does any harm. i was more anoyed with the guy telling people to sit down when they ran forward out of excitement. he was in the bit where every one is standing anyway. some people should stay home and watch the match from there!

what a horrible way to be knocked out on penalties, keith foy missed a penalty in last minute or two of regular time(awful game by the way), another 30 mins of uninspiring stuff in extra time and then the agony of penalties, good turnout from the mature ultras by the way:rolleyes:

what a horrible way to be knocked out on penalties, keith foy missed a penalty in last minute or two of regular time(awful game by the way), another 30 mins of uninspiring stuff in extra time and then the agony of penalties, good turnout from the mature ultras by the way:rolleyes:

so you were the only one then? We're going to cork though!

yep the only one, what made defeat is worse is knowing i cant make cork trip either:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

there was one guy with a whisle and nobody paid any attention (players i mean) to that. a shame though coz he only used it when the sham had the ball. dont really think it does any harm.

If an opposition player stops or uses the whistle as an excuse for a mistake THAT is when the club would get the trouble & serious at that, history of clubs/countries across world getting trouble for crowds using whistles.

And yes it does do harm, for reason above and its poor sportsmanship, it is a sport isnt it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Old Rovers footage here of '83 semi final and final.

http://ie.youtube.com/user/redBELLIEDxxx

yep the only one, what made defeat is worse is knowing i cant make cork trip either:(

Well I made Cork and I was outside of the grounds but didnt make it in!! my car was giving us problems so I had to go back to bantry.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Well I made Cork and I was outside of the grounds but didnt make it in!! my car was giving us problems so I had to go back to bantry.:mad:

Sorry to hear. ye must be gutted. :( Hope ye enjoyed Cork otherwise.

Advertisement