Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Who was the "Mature Ultra" new recruit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Great Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

brilliant result, missed most of second half due to being drunk though, great pub around the corner in drogheda!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

i can't post in the soccer forum yet, so i'm glad i saw this thread. I'm a bohs fan but i'm really looking forward to friday, i have a lot of time for rovers, especially after reading "there's only one red army".
    I'd say the match will be a cracker

What happened on Friday night? Was it because the most of the Mature Ultra's weren't there?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Mrs.T wrote: »
    What happened on Friday night? Was it because the most of the Mature Ultra's weren't there?
    By all accounts none of them were there. I have also be called the lucky charm of the rovers and I can safely say I wasn't there and all hell broke out. :p My apologies. Will make the effort for the next time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

tuppence wrote: »
    By all accounts none of them were there. I have also be called the lucky charm of the rovers and I can safely say I wasn't there and all hell broke out. :p My apologies. Will make the effort for the next time. :rolleyes:
    :o

:o
    Cripes well I never.
    Why thank you!;)

Cripes well I never.
    Why thank you!;)

Spill it!! What did he say? :pac:

see the mature ultra's know what match to miss! I heard that they missed half of the match coz there were traffic jams for celine dion!! didnt know that anyone liked her!

• Advertisement

see the mature ultra's know what match to miss! I heard that they missed half of the match coz there were traffic jams for celine dion!! didnt know that anyone liked her!
    Dunno, Xiney (you should be in the know) obviously not just the canadians that like her?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'm choosing to ignore the fact that I have just been associated with Celine Dion.

Xiney wrote: »
    I'm choosing to ignore the fact that I have just been associated with Celine Dion.
    Dont worry could be worse, you could be from Donegal. Theres a whole thread over there about them trying to get over their associations with Daniel O Donnell! (Anyway I think of leonard Cohen when i think of Canada.)
    And then to top it off Harps go and get beaten by the rovers!

*Awaits Muffler to say f off!

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Who was the "Mature Ultra" new recruit?

we're not telling you!! well I'm not!!

Dont worry could be worse, you could be from Donegal. Theres a whole thread over there about them trying to get over their associations with Daniel O Donnell! (Anyway I think of leonard Cohen when i think of Canada.)
    And then to top it off Harps go and get beaten by the rovers!
    *Awaits Muffler to say f off!

you should do this on the harps thread, he was told off by some very serious bitter people on this one!!:D

we're not telling you!! well I'm not!!
    Oh Oh! Are we on the verge of a domestic!;):D

Bus to the cup game against shams on saturday, details at this link, I also see the driver complained about the state of the bus the last time so mature ultras be on your best behaviour if ye go :rolleyes:;) http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=92267

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

"Top of the league, Top of the league.."

Ooops. Wrong thread. Sorry. :D

"Top of the league, Top of the league.."

Ooops. Wrong thread. Sorry. :D

we dont like your type around here:p, (cue theme tune from deliverance)

Anyone think they are going to make the shams cup game?

I don't think any of us will be going? But then again, there is still time for himself to change his mind.....

• Advertisement

bring on the shams! anybody else going up today, think im one of the few mature ultras that is heading, going for a 2-1 rovers (sligo variety) win:)

None of us will be there :eek:! Just heard this minute that one of the mature ultras are flying south this weekend for the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Pound for the hundred pound
    Johnny Chadda RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Oh RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

RIP sir

hopefully he'll get a tribute at the legends match this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Thats terrible news. Johnny was a true Rovers legend. Always loyal to the club through both the good and (usually!) not so good times.

I seen a video of him on youtube once after Rovers won the cup for the first time in 1983, it was of the homecoming of the cup to Sligo, at one stage during the clip the camera panned onto Johnny and and you could see his eyes were welled up with tears of joy. As a teacher he taught me maths as a first year when he was in his final year in Summerhill. Always a friendly guy, I remember one of his sayings when people were under pressure or rushing to get something done, he would say "when God made time, he made plenty of it".

Here's an old interview I found with him, I couldn't find the first part of it though. Link

RIP Johnny.

R.i.p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Wow, I hadn't seen him around the Showgrounds over the last few weeks but I didn't know that he was ill. This is quite a shock. Rest in peace, Johnny.

"Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

- Johnny Chadda

RIP Johnny :(, the word legend is thrown around a lot these days but johnny is a true rovers legend,
    short tribute from tommie gorman on rte radio
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/2008/0611/chadda_av.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

A minutes silence in the Sligo Rovers game at the weekend for Johnny I hope. A true legend. You will be missed Mr Chada. A lovely man. RIP.

Advertisement