Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

any one going to the scouser pension fund game;) against the real legends from the bit o red? should be an emotional occassion after the death of johnny, sorry about short notice but anyone who wants to pay their respects can at Feehilys Funeral Home, Cartron Cross Sligo, today (friday) from 5pm to 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

As most posters here know, I know F all about football, but would this Pension Fund Match (lol) have been a night Mr. Chadda would have enjoyed?

He was a lovely man, RIP.

thought i better post before the rovers section disapeared from the front page of the forum:eek::), Anyone going to ucd game on saturday? few games coming up that gives rovers chance to start moving up the table again, quite possibly could be last time faz plays a home game since he will probably be leaving in july

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

thought i better post before the rovers section disapeared from the front page of the forum:eek::), Anyone going to ucd game on saturday? few games coming up that gives rovers chance to start moving up the table again, quite possibly could be last time faz plays a home game since he will probably be leaving in july

will be more than likely there, with a few scoops in mooneys afterwards, hopefully they can get back into a race for a european spot after the mid season break, especilly after the disapointment of being knocked out of the cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

We won't be there, we have to watch another football game with our orange shirts on! :D Hup Holland Hup! :D I'm sure darealtulip will be going back on a regular basis after the Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I was up in the Centra in Magherabouy the other week when Rovers were playing Pats. When I was at the counter, a Pat's fan was ahead of me & approached the Polish guy behind the counter with, "Aaaaroi buud! Gizus twenny johnny blue willya?" I had to translate for him. :D

Mrs.T wrote: »
    We won't be there, we have to watch another football game with our orange shirts on! :D Hup Holland Hup! :D I'm sure darealtulip will be going back on a regular basis after the Euro.

watch out dareatulip, Italy still very much in the tournament despite what happened in the frist game;)
    vital rovers get 3 points against the students, dont think it will be a pretty game, going to go for a 1-0 win for the bit o red,

For those vain people out there who would like a chance to get their mugs on the telly:p rovers game against galway in terryland park on july 11th is been shown live on tg4,
    http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/news-features/united-selected-for-live-tv-3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

UCD this week is it? That will be a tough one. A good performance (very important) and a valuable 3 points for Sligo Rovers I hope. They need to get back to winning ways. The mid table trend is unfortunately starting to happen a little too early in the season. Don't fall too far behind. Bohs and Pats are stretching away already. Even Derry City and Cork City are struggling.

Shams vs Rovers at Tolka park on july 25th also been shown on tg4:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Resistance

Forza Rovers tribute to Johnny Chadda at the "legends" game

4593562366a8024115233l.jpg

374305277a8045586108l.jpg

Interview with Johnny from 2002 here

That was a lovely touch guys, well done. He was a great man for Sligo Rovers. They would have went out of business if it wasn't for him. Lets hope the staff involved at the club now can be just as generous and supportive as he was.

anyone here making the long trip to cobh? there are approx 20 or so going down i think, mostly flying from Dublin,am flying down tomorrow, good result is important to pick the club up with the imminent departure of faz and others probably and after the recent slump, reckon a narrow rovers win but will be tough, 2-1 rovers:cool:

Hey man

Is your striker Fahrudin Kudozovic leaving the club? You will be in big trouble if he leaves. You will struggle for goals. Hope not.

A great away win at Cobh Ramblers for Sligo Rovers tonight, 1-3. That is much more like it. I wonder did many travel down for the game. Great start with 2 early goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Well done lads!!! Heard there was a great party too!

Up to sixth in the table now. Six points off third place. That can be achieved with a good run now. Derry City at home now on Saturday night, hopefully a big crowd there to cheer them on. From reading past results Derry is a bogey team for Sligo, especially away from home. At The Showgrounds though it may be a different situation.

very good result:) and good away trip as well, about 30 of us in went total, to be fair though cobh were awful still i guess you can only beat whats put in front of you and the lads did a professional job, boco was superb, get out and see this guy playing for the club while he is still here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

good result, I mist a good party by the sounds of it, I will be there Saturday of course!!! tried to ring you gareth?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Derry Saturday.

We can win this. Easy;)

• Advertisement

Should be a great turn out I hope. Derry City at home, come on Sligo.

Derry Saturday.

We can win this. Easy;)

i like your confidence

;)

Derry City away though is a completely different story....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

DenMan wrote: »
    Should be a great turn out I hope. Derry City at home, come on Sligo.

Sligo?:confused:

We are Rovers.

Sligo?:confused:

We are Rovers.

or

the bit o' red

;)

well, did any of yous go last night, thought we were quite fortunite to get through the first half at 0 all, some great saves from brush in the first half kept us in it, and was concerned at one stage we could have been at the wrong end of a hammering

seemed to be a diferent sligo side in the second half, derry did threaten at times, but boco was really going for it and thought he was very unlucky not to socre, he could have scored at least 3, went to the match thinking i'd be happy to get away with a draw, was disapointed we did not win when i left

hopeffully 6 points from the next two games, away to galway next week, and another NW derby the following week, home against finn harps

A game of two halves you say. Well another big derby next week, should be a corker. Jeff Kenna is trying his best to get them (Galway Utd) off the foot of the table. Will be a good game at Terryland Park, Galway Utd vs Sligo Rovers. (Friday night)

we had two changes in the second half tht shouldnt be missed, one man for the goalie, a real shame the both went over. I was impressed with the derry crowd, they come with a lot of away fans.

Galway this weekend and the mature ultra's will be out in force!! All 5 of us!!!:D After that..... Finn Harps!! Muffler where are you???:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Finn Harps!! Muffler where are you???:D

Im kinda afraid to post after Sundays hammering by Pat's

Advertisement