Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You're all in the gutter looking up at the Bohs stars. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Good luck tonight boys! Heard there's are a few heading down to Galway tonight. I'll might be watching on the tv. I've been instructed to watch out for the "Mature Ultra" flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Good luck tonight boys! Heard there's are a few heading down to Galway tonight. I'll might be watching on the tv. I've been instructed to watch out for the "Mature Ultra" flag.

is it televised, or you referring to MNS on monday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

respect to the FORZA ROVERS lads down there.

I'm a Saint myself ;)

"F' the Bo-iz, we're going to win the league...."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

irish-stew wrote: »
    is it televised, or you referring to MNS on monday night?

Yea dude it was live on tg4. I don't think a lot of the guys/gals that post here will be too pleased regarding the result, a 1-1 draw, when a win was definitely possible tonight.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Yea dude it was live on tg4. I don't think a lot of the guys/gals that post here will be too pleased regarding the result, a 1-1 draw, when a win was definitely possible tonight.

aarrrgghhh, now you tell me, i thought it was on tomorrow night, i would have watched it had i known

:eek:

just heard harps lost as well

aarrrgghhh, now you tell me, i thought it was on tomorrow night, i would have watched it had i known

:eek:

just heard harps lost as well

Sorry about that stewy. I am sure you will hear the postmortem.

Sorry about that stewy. I am sure you will hear the postmortem.

just heard enough on the radio

:(

Will not be too pleased I meant to say!!! :o

bring on harps next week

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Been reading the link Gillie, it is really bad, far worse than anyone would have predicted. Makes me think of all the great work that Johnny Chadda did regarding raising finances for the club. The pitch itself is a disgrace, goodness knows how it passed an FAI inspection. €130,000 needed between now and the end of August, what's going to happen next if it is found? They will still need further money to keep their head above water for the coming season ahead. (should Rovers make it that far)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Been reading the link Gillie, it is really bad, far worse than anyone would have predicted. Makes me think of all the great work that Johnny Chadda did regarding raising finances for the club. The pitch itself is a disgrace, goodness knows how it passed an FAI inspection. €130,000 needed between now and the end of August, what's going to happen next if it is found? They will still need further money to keep their head above water for the coming season ahead. (should Rovers make it that far)

Obviously you dont go to the Showgrounds because the pitch has greatly improved. Pay 15 euro into the Harps match on Saturday night and you will get to see for yourself.

That's great news man. I was just thinking about what a few managers where saying at the start of the season when their teams came down to play and they commented on it. Might have been Shels or Pats. Glad it has improved. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Where in the name of the Almighty are they going to get €130,000 between now and then...any ideas?

hopefully get as big as crowd as possible this weekend, looks like they need all the pennys they can get, i know one match wont get all the money, but they all count

was reading some of the info regarding the finances on the rovers website earlier, sorry no link,

btw, greet work on the pitch, looked alot better during the lengends and derry match

good luck the bit o red

hopefully get as big as crowd as possible this weekend, looks like they need all the pennys they can get, i know one match wont get all the money, but they all count

was reading some of the info regarding the finances on the rovers website earlier, sorry no link,

btw, greet work on the pitch, looked alot better during the lengends and derry match

good luck the bit o red

found that link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

If I win the lotto tomorrow i'll buy them.

That's a promise!

Gillie wrote: »
    If I win the lotto tomorrow i'll buy them.

That's a promise!

So would I. What is Ronaldinho looking for a week, €200,000. I am sure we could come to a compromise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Jabby wrote: »
    Where in the name of the Almighty are they going to get €130,000 between now and then...any ideas?
    Maybe Argos (there I said the word!) might bale rovers out as a good will gesture to the people of Sligo, after finally getting a foot hole in the town... A donation that is. ;)

• Advertisement

quite interested in the syndicate idea my self, might look into it a bit more when i head to the match this weekend

tbh, we can help, as many bums in seats for the rest of the season, although small, would go some of the way

quite interested in the syndicate idea my self, might look into it a bit more when i head to the match this weekend

tbh, we can help, as many bums in seats for the rest of the season, although small, would go some of the way

I'm always standing is that good too??? This saturday finn harps. Muffler is very quiet!! It's mr T here anyway. our comp is running on minimum of programs for the mo!!!

I'm always standing is that good too??? This saturday finn harps. Muffler is very quiet!! It's mr T here anyway. our comp is running on minimum of programs for the mo!!!

every person through the turnstyles is good, where do you stand mr t, up the back of the stand, or behind the goals, the weather usally decides where i go

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Seeing as I no longer moderate this forum I think it may be safe to post a comment here again without being accused of everything except murder by certain sad and pathetic individuals.

Might be there on Saturday. Im struggling a wee bit at the moment with an old knee injury but if its cleared by Saturday and nothing else happens me I will do my best to make Mooneys. Cant guarantee I'd go to the match as there may be more fun in the pub :)

muffler wrote: »
    Might be there on Saturday. Im struggling a wee bit at the moment with an old knee injury but if its cleared by Saturday and nothing else happens me I will do my best to make Mooneys. Cant guarantee I'd go to the match as there may be more fun in the pub :)

are you going to tog out for the team muffler if its cleared up

;)

will probably be in mooneys my self afterwards, see ya's all in there

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

are you going to tog out for the team muffler if its cleared up
    I wouldn't want to embarrass a few of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

bit of information on fundraising race night been organised by the bit o red supporters trust http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=96680

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

I wouldn't want to embarrass a few of them :D

at the rate that we are losing players you could probably do a job for us:P

Seeing as I no longer moderate this forum I think it may be safe to post a comment here again without being accused of everything except murder by certain sad and pathetic individuals.

Lots of fun in our pub too!! are you sure you just dont want to see your team been beaten???:D I will be very easy to recognise, the lads gave me a rovers shirt with TULIP on the back!!

Irishstew I'm always with the lads with the drums chanting and singing, you will hear where we are!!

• Advertisement

will probably be in mooneys my self afterwards, see ya's all in there

:)

We will be in the pub before the match, at half time and after the match!!

Advertisement