Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I'm a lapsed supporter. Used to go to every home game. Then they stopped even trying and I was so disgusted i didn't go back. i didn't mind losing, but they weren't making an effort. that was back when Mike Small and Wes Charles were there. I've been loath to go back, because A. the fans hate sunshiner supporters, and B. I hate sunshine supporters. Some day I'll make the effort. Every person through the turnstiles is a help I suppose.
    And by the way tulipandthistle, the best team did win the rugby. By quite a margin:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

il gatto wrote: »
    I'm a lapsed supporter. Used to go to every home game. Then they stopped even trying and I was so disgusted i didn't go back. i didn't mind losing, but they weren't making an effort. that was back when Mike Small and Wes Charles were there. I've been loath to go back, because A. the fans hate sunshiner supporters, and B. I hate sunshine supporters. Some day I'll make the effort. Every person through the turnstiles is a help I suppose.
    And by the way tulipandthistle, the best team did win the rugby. By quite a margin:D

Look I think you're safe enough to come back!
    No ones gonna go "hey there's that guy who has been here for two seasons! Lets get him!"

Now can you get over B?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Surely I'd be a Judas if I supported Sligo? I've been to a few games though. Funnily enough, the coincided with the visits of the Bohs team! Well, good luck this season anyhow!

Not you, your fat manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

He got the sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Yeah, he's still a TNUC though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

il gatto wrote: »

I have to say you did play well.....haven't really been following the matches now - I can't take the heartache!

Oh, back onto (my) topic;)

See you all at the game next Saturday?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

tuppence wrote: »
    So whats the crack with he bus? Do you have to be a part of the supporters club or something? Do you have to have your match ticket in advance to get on? Do they charge and how much? Wheres the pick up? Would they do fly bys to pick up closet fans in Leitrim! :)

to away games??no u just have to contact one of the lads involved in organising it,no ticket needed as they are sold at away grounds and no1 will have one at that stage either...bus leaves from the showgrounds and will pick up if its on the way...ya theres obviously a charge...pretty much 20 quid each time[most of the sides are round dublin]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Rossibaby wrote: »
    to away games??no u just have to contact one of the lads involved in organising it,no ticket needed as they are sold at away grounds and no1 will have one at that stage either...bus leaves from the showgrounds and will pick up if its on the way...ya theres obviously a charge...pretty much 20 quid each time[most of the sides are round dublin]
    Yep to aways! So 20 and then 15 roughly to the match. No season tickets here then?
    How do you find out the lads that organise it..dont tell me...Mooneys! Think i have a few contacts...but if you know an official one that would be good too. Thanks a million btw Rossibaby.

Hey tulipandthistle bet you have a happy household after saturdays game.* :)

*At least someones happy.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

tuppence this is Sligo Rovers most used forum http://foot.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Any busses to game will be announced here first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

just seen the new shirt is being released this week as well, no sign of a price though

details

• Advertisement

:D

See you all at Showgrounds this Saturday?

P.S. I'm not welsh

irish-stew wrote: »
    just seen the new shirt is being released this week as well, no sign of a price though

details

just noticed linky shows luanch wed 13th, todays wednesday, the 13th is tomorrow, any one confirm if today or tommorow is the launch

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Apparently the Jersey can be viewed but not bought in Jako and will be priced 49.99.
    I personally am going to go for the white away one i think thats one of the best jerseys in the league without the yellow socks of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

bennyc wrote: »
    Apparently the Jersey can be viewed but not bought in Jako and will be priced 49.99.
    I personally am going to go for the white away one i think thats one of the best jerseys in the league without the yellow socks of course.

49,99 :rolleyes:

shirts on sale before the match on saturday, any confirmation though on the launch at 'tohers'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Rozbeef wrote: »
    49,99 :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with that, I was expecting to pay 60+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Whats wrong with that, I was expecting to pay 60+

Just out of interest, how much of this goes to the club? Do they change them often? I haven't a clue about this type of thing, just curious. I think its a bit steep, when local kids are going to want them.

Yep to aways! So 20 and then 15 roughly to the match. No season tickets here then?
    How do you find out the lads that organise it..dont tell me...Mooneys! Think i have a few contacts...but if you know an official one that would be good too. Thanks a million btw Rossibaby.

just let us know and we get you on the bus tuppence, no bother. we always have a happy houshold unless scotland is playing holland ofcourse!!!

irish-stew wrote: »

details

42.50 euro for a strip for a 2 year old! didnt ask for the adult one but let you know when i get the wee one. we can buy it from thursday

sueme wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how much of this goes to the club? Do they change them often? I haven't a clue about this type of thing, just curious. I think its a bit steep, when local kids are going to want them.

all jersey's are around 50 euro. dont know how much goes to the club. I hope lots coz they need it!! 3 goals against them in 7 minutes last friday. hubby was there. he was not happy!!

• Advertisement

42.50 euro for a strip for a 2 year old! didnt ask for the adult one but let you know when i get the wee one. we can buy it from thursday

Its roughly the same for a Leitrim gaa jersey. (;)) Best get them big so theres plenty of growing room. They look seriously cute in them anyway. Think I am going to invest in a rovers one too! Thankfully at that age they are too young to question whether they are last seasons strip or whatever. It has been a racket in the English premiership for sure, Sueme. I would hope that Sligo Rovers would be a bit more grass roots. Where they a Co-operative in the past or something...?

Hey Tulipandthistle I am sure we could get a crowd for any Scotland/Holland matches... watching ye! :D

gustavo wrote: »
    tuppence this is Sligo Rovers most used forum http://foot.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Any busses to game will be announced here first :)

Thanks Gustavo for posting link. :) Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

no tuppence,not mooneys!...theres 2 boys i know who were acting on behalf of the supporters trust and got a 52 seater bus and there was a few free spaces!u can ask dem on the forum mentioned earlier by gustavo but u can just bebo them either or a wee ring:)ya we hav season tickets4sale 4 home games,if you plan to go to many ome games u shud get 1 for sure off the club,they work out much better value!the new jersey coming out is great its on sale on saturday b4 the game think i'll get 1,you should consider it:p good luck hope to see you at games,you wont know how you lived without it:D

Rossibaby wrote: »
    no tuppence,not mooneys!...theres 2 boys i know who were acting on behalf of the supporters trust and got a 52 seater bus and there was a few free spaces!u can ask dem on the forum mentioned earlier by gustavo but u can just bebo them either or a wee ring:)ya we hav season tickets4sale 4 home games,if you plan to go to many ome games u shud get 1 for sure off the club,they work out much better value!the new jersey coming out is great its on sale on saturday b4 the game think i'll get 1,you should consider it:p good luck hope to see you at games,you wont know how you lived without it:D

At the prices been flagged you would want to be getting the most out of those jerseys alright. (so the season ticket might be in order). Then you would have to give the jersey an outing to the away games. (with your friends on the bus) Suppose said jersey could also double up as a night shirt. Then it can be recycled into dusters the next season or on a pub wall with signatures on it....
    Hey, Whats wrong with a hat and scarf anyway!*

Are you a shareholder by any chance? ;)

So tulipandthistle whats the order of play then. Is it Mooneys before the match, at half time, and then after the match? *;)

*not during unless Rovers really getting slaughtered.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Me and one of my friends used to always go to Mooneys before the home matches which resulted in us never seeing a kick off as we always arrived in a few minutes late. Anyway I drive in now so I can't have a drink before the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

not during unless Rovers really getting slaughtered.:(

The one and only Rovers game I went to*, we went to Mooneys for a drink beforehand, the craic was good so himself (at the time) went to the match and I stayed in the pub :D.

*You could probably get me on a technicality there..

Me and one of my friends used to always go to Mooneys before the home matches which resulted in us never seeing a kick off as we always arrived in a few minutes late. Anyway I drive in now so I can't have a drink before the games.
    So ye thumb home now?! ;):D

sueme wrote: »
    The one and only Rovers game I went to*, we went to Mooneys for a drink beforehand, the craic was good so himself (at the time) went to the match and I stayed in the pub :D.

*You could probably get me on a technicality there..
    Suppose could have been worse, you could have went in and commented on their legs or shouted for the opposition! :D You kept a space in the bar, a useful role and has its advantages after the match. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Mr Xiney and I will be there! Who are they playing again? :rolleyes: I'm not much of a football fan.

Fleece blanket and two travel mugs of hot tea ought to get us through though, bet it's going to be ridiculously cold.

Advertisement