Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

muffler wrote: »
    Pity about the other shower of *^&)£%)*7

to be fair to them, they did win their game, unfortunatly, so did galway

i'm disapointed for harps (slightly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

That is brilliant!!! Mr T says it's mayhem down there, it was very busy at the showgrounds too. Don't shout too much when he tells you about it tomorrow :D What a great end to the season!!!!

Mrs.T wrote: »
    That is brilliant!!! Mr T says it's mayhem down there, it was very busy at the showgrounds too. Don't shout too much when he tells you about it tomorrow :D What a great end to the season!!!!

was very near capacity mrs.t, great atmosphere

we're red, we're white, we're f**king dynamite

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Well done Sligo and Galway. Europe and Survival. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Can every one typ softly? I have a hangover here. The best night so far at the showgrounds, wish it was this full every week, what an atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

BEST NIGHT OFF ALL TIME

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

€30,000 for finishing fourth this season. Well done Rovers. Please be careful to whoever is involved with the clubs finances. This needs to managed and looked after properly.

http://www.sligoweekender.com/news/story/?trs=mhgbsnkfau&cat=news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Sligo Rovers manage money - you are having a laugh!

Rovers might not but Vincent Nally will,a great man

True enough, Nally is quite sharp. Met him playing golf once and was impressed.
    Can anyone tell me the dates they are playing in Europe next year. Some old friends are trying to persuade me to go with them wherever it may be.

• Advertisement

i belive the first game is schelued for around july 2, where that will be or home and away, wont be decided till after the rest of the european leauges are finished in may and the draw is made

will be playing at least one away and home game, depending on that aggragate score determines if we will get another game

have 3 qualifying rounds to get through before the first round proper

Thanks; I'll get booking some time off for it now.

4 rounds next year,2th and 9th of July

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/calendar2009.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

28.5 cent today, it wouldn’t get you......................
    26% of a Litre of petrol
    6.5% of a pint of lager
    0.4% of a Sligo Rovers replica jersey
    1.5 % of an entry fee to Sligo Rovers home game
    0.1% of a Sligo Rovers season ticket
    .....but will go a long way towards securing the future of Sligo Rovers F.C.
    Interested check out http://www.thebitored.com/?p=53

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

2009 Season Tickets
    Sligo Rovers Season Tickets
    Outlets/Prices For The Purchase Of Season Tickets 2009

Jako Sports Sligo
    Baton Smith Sligo
    Collerys Menswear Sligo
    Grennan Electric Boyle
    Gillespie Sport Tubbercurry
    Collerys Beltra
    Dermot Brannigan(P.R.O.)
    Showgrounds Office
    Any Committee Member

As in other seasons the following is the arrangement with regard to obtaining your season ticket.
    A gift token is purchased from any of the sellers giving Name,Address,Category of ticket and the payment.This token can then be exchanged with the seller 3/4 days later for the actual season ticket.

PRICES UP TO JANUARY 3rd 2009

Adult/Adult Member-€200

O.A.P./Student(With I.D.)/Member-€120

PRICES AFTER JANUARY 3rd 2009

Adult/Adult Member-€230

O.A.P/Student(With I.D.)/Member-€150

For further information please contact Dermot Brannigan on 0876172295.

Support Your local Football club with the perfect christmas present.

I went on to the Rovers website this week to buy some presents for the kids in our family and couldn't believe there was no online shop. In my opinion the club is losing out on money not having a facility on line to buy merchandise.

there has been quite a bit of debate on the merchandise over on foot.ie on the sligo board, although now to late for xmas, would say your best bet is the jako shop arcross from the glasshouse

To be honest I did my Xmas shopping online this year (like most of my friends) so when I couldn't get anything from the Sligo Rovers site I picked up some Celtic and Liverpool stuff I thought they might like.

I couldnt believe it either, it's the first club without a online shop that I know of! They are not very good at making money as we all know too well!

yay, got season tickets from santa

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Anyone know when the new season starts or any word on some pre season friendlies?

will be around the start of march, fixtures not released yet, euro campign for the 2009/10 competition starts july 2nd

When is the draw made for the Euro games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

CSC wrote: »
    When is the draw made for the Euro games?

june i'd say. most other leagues won't be finished til may/june remember

6/7th of March is the first game

Wexler12 wrote: »
    6/7th of March is the first game

WHAT??? Why is winterstop so long here?? I need football!!!

WHAT??? Why is winterstop so long here?? I need football!!!

season is similar to scandinavia, its a spring/summer/autumn leauge. not quite sure why ireland dont have a similar leuage time scale to the UK/NI and the continent

Its a 3 month break here and its about that in England.The players will be back in January and pre-season games early Febuary.There changed it a few years back to try and improve attendances and try and help clubs to beter in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

It's the same as the Scandinavian, South American and Russian leagues. Mar-Nov is their season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Cookie's gone. :(
    Cook's tenure at Sligo comes to an end

Sligo Rovers have confirmed that manager Paul Cook has left the club by mutual consent.

In a statement released by club PRO Dermot Brannigan this morning, the club said: 'Sligo Rovers wish to announce the departure of first team manager Paul Cook by mutual consent. We would like to thank Paul for his contribution since joining the club and wish him well in the future.'

The statement added: 'No further comment will be made by Sligo Rovers Football Club.'

It is believed that assistant manager Gerry Carr will assume the manager's position on a temporary basis.

The news will come as a blow to the club's preparations for the coming League of Ireland season, which will also see them compete in the UEFA Cup (Europa League) and the Setanta Sports Cup.

The 41-year-old took over as manager of the Bit o'Red in April 2007, succeeding Rob McDonald, who resigned before the start of that season.

The Liverpudlian steered the club to a respectable sixth spot in the Premier Division in his maiden season, before leading the club to fourth place in 2008, thus securing European football for the Showgrounds outfit for the first time since 1996.

"The statement added: 'No further comment will be made by Sligo Rovers Football Club.'"

Always keeping the fans in the loop, eh? :rolleyes: Sure, it's probably for legal reasons this time but they rarely let the fans know what is going on in the club.

Advertisement