Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

1-1 ????

RE: The Crowd- Thought the booing of faz was very unfair and the charging of a section of supporters towards opposition fans after the goal had the potential to cause trouble:(

seen you do the same more then once!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Final Score 1-1 , Just back from the game. A good turnout considering the weather. Hopefully they will all turn up for the next home game and wont have been put off by the fact that tonight wasnt a great game to watch.
    RE: The Crowd- Thought the booing of faz was very unfair and the charging of a section of supporters towards opposition fans after the goal had the potential to cause trouble:(.

Cork fans were looking for trouble. They had been hangin round centra at maugheraboy and the pub beside it from about 4 in the afternoon,at least 30 of them. Myself and one of my friends went over to the shop from his house(in tracy avenue) and had them all in our faces and trying to start on us. Then at about a quarter past 6 the two of us stood on the corner of tracy avenue across from centra as my dad was coming to collect me,my friends 10 year old brother was there aswell. The 'hard men' from cork stood outside the pub throwing glass bottles at us and other things.
    Thats what I call tough. 20-30 year old men in a huge group picking on a 16 year old a 15 year old and a 10 year old.
    Its a pity there wasnt a few beatings for them there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

heard the fans singing from about 4 or 5 as well, headed down to the game about 7.30, there was a nice job made of the beamer out side monneys, egged and toilet papered

game was not great, lost an auwful lot of possesion, needed to take more time on the ball at times, and get the passes in better, shame about the disallowed game, would have been great to start the season off with a win, but will take a draw, and hopefully a good performance next week against shams

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

greetings wrote: »
    Cork fans were looking for trouble. They had been hangin round centra at maugheraboy and the pub beside it from about 4 in the afternoon,at least 30 of them. Myself and one of my friends went over to the shop from his house(in tracy avenue) and had them all in our faces and trying to start on us. Then at about a quarter past 6 the two of us stood on the corner of tracy avenue across from centra as my dad was coming to collect me,my friends 10 year old brother was there aswell. The 'hard men' from cork stood outside the pub throwing glass bottles at us and other things.
    Thats what I call tough. 20-30 year old men in a huge group picking on a 16 year old a 15 year old and a 10 year old.
    Its a pity there wasnt a few beatings for them there last night.

God you poor thing, that must have been an awful thing for you to go through. :(Surely we'd all want to keep the sport clean and Rovers to have a good reputation? Wouldnt be advocating retaliation or antogonistic behaviour otherwise that kind of behaviour or worse, could become commonplace. Its nice to have it as a family event, that we can bring our kids and younger siblings to it etc. (Benny the bull and all)
    Best let the Gardai deal with it just for those reasons imo.

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    heard the fans singing from about 4 or 5 as well, headed down to the game about 7.30, there was a nice job made of the beamer out side monneys, egged and toilet papered

game was not great, lost an auwful lot of possesion, needed to take more time on the ball at times, and get the passes in better, shame about the disallowed game, would have been great to start the season off with a win, but will take a draw, and hopefully a good performance next week against shams

I think sligo gets the most disallowed goals in europe. I have never seen so many. unbelievable.

still dont get how it was disallowed, how i rememer it, the shot was taken, keeper or defender pushed it wide towards the dead ball line, it was passed back into the area, tapped in, goal disallowed, was there a push, didn't think it was off side my self

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Forza Rovers v Cork

frvscork3709u.png

well done forzas, great job on all banners, seen a few new ones last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Now, I don't think any sligo boardsies would be the type to cause trouble.

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »
    Now, I don't think any sligo boardsies would be the type to cause trouble.

You think wrong!! I was there doing the same more then once too!!

Wexler12 wrote: »
    Forza Rovers v Cork

frvscork3709u.png
    very nice display!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dingo dog

You think wrong!! I was there doing the same more then once too!!

yes, i clearly recall a member of the sligo rovers fans suffering from bouts of turrets/tourettes during the games....

dingo dog wrote: »
    yes, i clearly recall a member of the sligo rovers fans suffering from bouts of turrets/tourettes during the games....

and that was not me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

Anyone get their Shams ticket at the Showgrounds tonight? Got mine safely tucked away. Was waiting for about an hour in the rain but it was worth it:). Any info on whether the allocation sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Anyone get their Shams ticket at the Showgrounds tonight? Got mine safely tucked away. Was waiting for about an hour in the rain but it was worth it:). Any info on whether the allocation sold out?

Ahhh I didnt get mine I wanted to go aswel!
    Didnt hear anything yet hopefully should be a good game. At least I'll get to see it,its on rte as far as I am aware:D

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

greetings wrote: »
    Ahhh I didnt get mine I wanted to go aswel!
    Didnt hear anything yet hopefully should be a good game. At least I'll get to see it,its on rte as far as I am aware:D

Hard luck on the ticket front:(, Really looking forward to this one. Think its going to be very tight and reckon a 1-1 scoreline is on the cards. If I was been more optimistic and hopeful id say the occassion will get to Shams and Rovers will thump them 4-0:D
    Its on Rte 2 from 8pm

right people, forget the poor results so far this season, forget man utd on da telly tonight, forget the weather, get down to the showies and support the team, bray tonight, lets get our first win and some points on the board, 2nd from bottom is not where we want to be

I will be going with our wee man, I saw the rovers sober on saturday and they were really bad. hope they play better tonight. Poeple should go now to get more revenue in for the club!

I will be going with our wee man, I saw the rovers sober on saturday and they were really bad. hope they play better tonight. Poeple should go now to get more revenue in for the club!

they were great in the first half, the goal was realy against the run of play, unfortunatly they didn't seem the leave the dressing room for the 2nd half, as for tonight, cant see a great crowd, what with previous performances, the CL on telly, and this weather

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I saw the rovers sober on saturday and they were really bad.

Even drunk, they don't look too good. :D

Even drunk, they don't look too good. :D

Not true, more then once I thought we won because I missed a few goals!!

Not true, more then once I thought we won because I missed a few goals!!

Feckin alcho!

Feckin alcho!

LOL, yep but only on football night ofcourse!! Today I was sober and we did win 2-1. Yes I dubbel checked.

LOL, yep but only on football night ofcourse!! Today I was sober and we did win 2-1. Yes I dubbel checked.

but are you sober now

;)

Sligo won a game? I'm not sure I read that right - it's late & I've had a few. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Rovers won a game? I'm not sure I read that right - it's late & I've had a few. :D

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Sligo won a game? I'm not sure I read that right - it's late & I've had a few. :D
    I think thats the same ''Sligo'' that were the 4th best team in Ireland last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Who makes the signs on the main roads for upcoming games at the showgrounds? Good idea, nicely done but wouldn't it be even better if they knew how to spell opposing teams names correctly. Last week it was Sligo Rovers v Bray Wanders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Good luck to Sligo tonight. They don't do well in Derry as a general rule but tonight might be just different. Follow on from the win against Bray..

Advertisement