Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Got my tickets & got time off work for the game. Looking forward to it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Got my tickets & got time off work for the game. Looking forward to it! :)

Is Mrs YC going too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I got my tickets and will be there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Is Mrs YC going too?

Yup!

Fancy meeting up before/after?

Yup!

Fancy meeting up before/after?

Yay!! Can we meet up during the day? I won't be going to the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

we should be getting in by 2:30/3:00 so how about we meet up at Tobergal Lane at 3:30? I'll text you if the bus is late :)

we should be getting in by 2:30/3:00 so how about we meet up at Tobergal Lane at 3:30? I'll text you if the bus is late :)

It's a date!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Big game tomorrow.

Former Sligo Rovers manager Willie McStay is on the move. He will be now managing in Hungary after leaving Celtic.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8128715.stm

btw...is it just me or does he look like Gene Hackman in that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

really looking forward to this one

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I was hoping to make it into town this afternoon to meet with you folks but unfortunately i couldn't get the time.
    Good luck to Sligo tonight, hope it's a good result for them.
    ps- posting from a mobile isn't as easy as you would think.

• Advertisement

Went into Centra just before 6 and there were loads heading to the game. Let's hope they win. Come on Sligo.

we should have won that one, we just gave it away.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So Rovers lost 2-1 :( Who wants to give the full match analysis:) Was it a worthy defeat or did they play well enough to deserve a win.

IMO the ref handed it to us on a plate and we f*&&ed it. Rovers played really bad and the albanian team even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

The second leg is being shown live in Connollys of Holborn Street and Foleys of Castle Street. Kick off is at seven bells.

Hopefully they will win and get through to the second qualifying round. What channel is it on tonight?
    What are the chances of them getting through,do ye think it's likely?

- Any boards members in Albania at the match?

Hard luck to Rovers last night, lost 3-2 on aggregate. Hopefully next year they will get into Europe again and give it a better go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Was over at the match, we hadn't a hope of winning from the start no matter what we done. They were a terrible team but its hard to beat them when everytime they are touched they go down grabbing their ankles and start rolling around, pretending to be injured after challenges and the stretcher was the man of the match. Could have put them away in the first half with a few chances but i wasn't to be. The lads gave everything and only for delay tactics and bad luck we would have beaten them. It was an adventure anyway and a few stories so not in any way a wasted journey:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was over at the match, we hadn't a hope of winning from the start no matter what we done. They were a terrible team but its hard to beat them when everytime they are touched they go down grabbing their ankles and start rolling around, pretending to be injured after challenges and the stretcher was the man of the match. Could have put them away in the first half with a few chances but i wasn't to be. The lads gave everything and only for delay tactics and bad luck we would have beaten them. It was an adventure anyway and a few stories so not in any way a wasted journey:D

watched the game, some of their players were a disgrace, holding up the game at every opertunity, ref should have seen and clamped down on the bahaviour sooner, we were all over them like a rash, unfortunetly they had most of their team in their half defending and we just could not finish them off

:(

Can't believe we lost this one with 3-0!! rovers really stop after they get a goal behind.

The number 3 from rovers is useless. don't know his name and don't think I want to either.

• Advertisement

Sligo went down 3-1 tonight. Anybody travel down to Tolka for it?

Starting to struggle a bit now, Sligo Rovers.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0718/shamrock_sligor.html

Tbh not many expected much from the game last night. For the team that was out last night they held their own for the first half up until giving away two sloppy goals.

With a lot of new faces in the team hopefully they will be able to gel together quickly and be able to help the team survive in the premier division.

I really miss a fighting spirit after they get a goal against them. It really looks like they give up.

Didn't see the match but the last home games were terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Poor result last night,didnt play to bad though. All our subs were injured apart from keeper Kelly. Cant wait to see Kendrick and Doyle next week,Doyle should be a huge player for us. Ger Rafter and Dean Marshell played last night,they didnt do to bad

A really good match last night! Good result and I saw both goals! Finaly the Rovers played over tyhe whole field. That was good to see.

Great result last night, two well taken goals. Hopefully the team with the new players have turned a corner and we can pick up a few points.

Hopefully hammer the crusties next week aswell:D

The draw for the Setanta cup was amde earlier today. Rovers are in the same group as Cliftonvill and Cork. If cork don't exist past friday rumour has it Bray will be the team to replace them based on their position in the leage last season.

Could be a good chance of Rovers progressing. If ever there was a year we were destined to win some silverware with cookie its this year surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

A great result against Pats and good confidence boost for the players. Cookie looks to have made a few shrewd signings as well especially with Kendrick and Blinkhorn imo. Marshall also looked very promising. The club should do everything in its power to keep Boco, the effort and committment he put in at right back on Sunday was superb
    Here is full setanta draw
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0728/setanta.html

Copied from elsewhere:
    Bus to league cup semi v bohs in dalymount next monday.Its a bank holiday so hopefully we'll get a good crowd, plus its the semi final of a cup! Good result friday and we should be in flying form.

Seats are limited for those wanting to travel so booking in advance is advised. Get in contact with 0876444960 to book your seat or enquire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

A vital few days coming up for the Bit O Red in the fight against relegation. We really need the 3 points against Dundalk on Saturday to start climbing back up the table. The players are probably still hurting after the Bohs defeat so important we get a good crowd to cheer them on against Sean Connor and Co. We are in the Premier Division (where we belong;)) so lets make sure we stay there! Kick off 7.45
    And dont forget on Tuesday August 11th its home to Derry City

Advertisement