Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I thought we won that one tonight but we had to settle for a draw:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

irish-stew wrote: »
    any justin.tv links for it, had a gander but cant find any yet, cant make the match and no sky

:(
    Sorry but didnt even know what Justin.tv was until I googled it, am not very up to date with this t'internet:o
    I know its a disappointment that Rovers didnt hang on for the win but when you see the amount of fringe and youth players in the team id say it was a good result

After all the excitment of the cup its back to the battle against relegation for the bit o red on saturday when shams come to the showgrounds. Kick off 7.45.
    Tickets for the Cup semi against Waterford will also be on sale on the night. http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=124879

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Should be a cracking game tommorow night. Shams in good form and looking to make up more ground on bohs and us with some good results over the last month or so. Would be happy with a draw tbh:)

2-1 to Shams:(. Wasnt at the game myself but apparently very unlucky not to get something from it, a lot of dodgy referee decisions?

• Advertisement

well I was there and I say we were robbed and raped.

Robbed is perfect. In football after the game often the ref is blamed but a penalty that should have been a free out and a corner that was definitely a goal kick:( MNS tommorow night will be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Robbed is perfect. In football after the game often the ref is blamed but a penalty that should have been a free out and a corner that was definitely a goal kick:( MNS tommorow night will be entertaining.

getting sick watching MNS now, thier baised and almost lack of debate against sligo and the other clubs outside the main population is getting unbelivable, can think of several examples where sligo have got a raw deal, after last season, very little well done sligo for getting the last euro spot, it was more bad luck to the big sides who failed to qualify. after the draw for the FAI cup, it was, is the cup being devalued with no big sides in the last four, and still no debate on the reffering standards following another farce at the showgies last week, it was we cant well from this angle, and it was straight on to the next subject

:mad:

but anyway, this thread is about sligo, good luck tomorrow against cliftonville in the selotanta cup :D cup, leauge survival is the top priorty but a decent cup run is always something to look forward to

;)

yay, the lads won 3-2 tonight in the setanta cup against cliftonville in belfast this evening

but its back to league on tuesday against pats in dublin, need to really get behind the lads now, only 7 leauge games left and possible play offs to decide our survival in the premiership

well the good news is we beat st pats 2-0 in the league tonight, hopefully we'll drag our selves out of the bottom three and avoid those relegation/play off spots

:)

the bad new is richie brush is out for the rest of the season acording to talk on foot.ie and thebitored.com after breaking his wrist in training. Ciaran Kelly is taking his place for the remainder of the campagin, quite a good keeper from what i have heard and what i have seen of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

irish-stew wrote: »
    well the good news is we beat st pats 2-0 in the league tonight, hopefully we'll drag our selves out of the bottom three and avoid those relegation/play off spots

the bad new is richie brush is out for the rest of the season acording to talk on foot.ie and thebitored.com after breaking his wrist in training. Ciaran Kelly is taking his place for the remainder of the campagin, quite a good keeper from what i have heard and what i have seen of him

What!!!! :mad:

Good for you tho...not for me!!! :(

Hooray, very good! 2-0 at their own grounds! cool.

Important game tonight. We need to get a result against the crusties. After tuesday nights game against St.Pats confidence must be up, i just hope we score early so that we can take the 3 points from the game.

cant make this one tonight, but will be hopeing for the must win, good luck lads

Good match last night, with a great result. Hopefully we can get the 3 points from bray tuesday night and ease relegation fears. 9points from 3 games would be great.

Good match last night, with a great result. Hopefully we can get the 3 points from bray tuesday night and ease relegation fears. 9points from 3 games would be great.

ease relegation and play off fears, basically get out of the bottom 3

<prays>

great result last night, sorry i missed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

hi guys blues fan here. What do u think will happen semi final... From a Waterford United point of view at the moment we are playing really bad, cant put 2 passes together. Monaghan beat us the other night with ease our players didnt seem that interested it was like they were saving themselves wouldnt go in properly with 50 / 50 tackles saying that missed 2 sitters and had a stonewall peno turned down... Just looking to see what u guys think..... is there many pubs around the pitch for a few before the game....

tankbarry wrote: »
    hi guys blues fan here. What do u think will happen semi final... From a Waterford United point of view at the moment we are playing really bad, cant put 2 passes together. Monaghan beat us the other night with ease our players didnt seem that interested it was like they were saving themselves wouldnt go in properly with 50 / 50 tackles saying that missed 2 sitters and had a stonewall peno turned down... Just looking to see what u guys think..... is there many pubs around the pitch for a few before the game....

Save yourself the trip, ye have no chance:p. Going on form and recent games Rovers would be seen as favourites. Cretaro has been getting a few goals lately, Blinkhorn has been playing well and Keane and Peers are solid at the back.Brushie been out is a blow but Ciaran Kelly should be a reliable enough replacment.
    We should be good enough to go through but its the cup and Bohs, Derry, and Cork probably thought the same in their games against us.
    Mooneys across the road from the Showgrounds is where supporters normally meet for a drink.

alright mate, the cup is ours, maw ha ha ha ha, in all seriousness, should be a good game, we obviously have other things on our mind between now and then, ie, staying up, but nothing like a good cup run to boost confidence, if you are up, hope you have a good evening, mooneys arcross from the showgrounds is the place to go for pre match refreshment

oh definetly coming up staying up too so hope to hit the town..... and of course we have no chance were only a first division team..:D no seriously was talking to shamrock rovers , st pats , bohs fans all were saying if we play to our best its 50/50 we have strikers that can score goals against the big teams we have the 2 best young centre backs in the whole league of Ireland our midfield is small but very busy like players who will cause a big nuisance and keep going all day. I know we could win but only if they hit some form which we havent of late so here's hoping...... main thing is what disco will i go to :) when we are out on the town

forgot to mention our keeper is out 2 so we are both in the same situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

oh definetly coming up staying up too so hope to hit the town..... and of course we have no chance were only a first division team..:D no seriously was talking to shamrock rovers , st pats , bohs fans all were saying if we play to our best its 50/50 we have strikers that can score goals against the big teams we have the 2 best young centre backs in the whole league of Ireland our midfield is small but very busy like players who will cause a big nuisance and keep going all day. I know we could win but only if they hit some form which we havent of late so here's hoping...... main thing is what disco will i go to :) when we are out on the town

forgot to mention our keeper is out 2 so we are both in the same situation
    How many of you do you expect to travel?

1 nil win last night, and out of the relegation/play off zone

em dont know really I wouldnt say anymore then 200. hope its a good game anyway ...... Can anybody give help on what disco's to go to....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

em dont know really I wouldnt say anymore then 200. hope its a good game anyway ...... Can anybody give help on what disco's to go to....

Depends on your age really, if you are in the 18-23(ish) I would recommend going to toffs, it's down by the river, just ask anybody where it is and you will be pointed in the right direction.
    If your above that age category, I'd go to Velvet if I were you. Both get a good crowd at weekends.
    If your looking for a bar to go to before the nighclub, you could go to Mc Hughs, Hargadons, The Belfry or Shenanigans. All are close to the nighclubs mentiooned above.

Word of Warning, if any of your friends hear of Envy, do not go there unless of course you are 15 or 16 years old.

2 all last night away to dundalk, although yet to see any of the game cant help but feel could have done more, dundalk had 3 players sent off, leaving only 8 players for the last 23 minutes, aparantly we threw everything including the kitchen sink at them but dundalk just held on

currently 4th from bottom, outside the relegation/play off zone, not totally safe, right behind us are pats on level points with a game in hand

<prays some more>

whats the dress code in the disco's we have some lads coming that need a talking too before we go out :) probaly go to mooneys before the game too.

whats the dress code in the disco's we have some lads coming that need a talking too before we go out :) probaly go to mooneys before the game too.

smart dress

you'll get into both velvet and toffs wearing smart jeans and shoes, you might be lucky to get into toffs wearing a polo shirt and trainers depending on the night and crowd, definalty not though in velvet though

envy, avoid, unless as bobcarr says your 15 or 16

mooneys is the place before the game, across the road from the turn styles, nice friendly pub, good crowd and banter in and outside

hope you enjoy your weekend up here

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

After the game ya should get in with jersies and runners, Toffs that is

are both of them good disco's ..... are they expensive to get in is the drink cheap in there ........ hope to get up early so we can go for a good few before game

• Advertisement

are both of them good disco's ..... are they expensive to get in is the drink cheap in there ........ hope to get up early so we can go for a good few before game

depends on your age, velvet go for the older crowd, mid 20s plus, both velvet and toffs are about 10 to12 yoyo to get in, have a few drinks before you get in (not so much that you'll get turned away), there is a slight mark up on the price compared to the pubs

personally prefer velvet my self, mainly because am slightly older

and dont turn up in a group of 10 lads, you may not get in, leave the pub in smaller groups, and go in to the club as those smaller groups, meet up inside

Advertisement