Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Don't think the Velvet Room is open Fridays though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Wexler12 wrote: »
    After the game ya should get in with jersies and runners, Toffs that is

It's been a long, long time since I have been to Toffs but can you get away with sports gear on a Friday or Saturday night now? How times have changed if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

CSC wrote: »
    It's been a long, long time since I have been to Toffs but can you get away with sports gear on a Friday or Saturday night now? How times have changed if so.
    No just big sporting nights like once every 50 years when the GAA win something or last game of the season with Rovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

You can walk into toffs any night of the week with runners on as long as you dont have tracksuit with them lol. Football jerseys are a no no though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Looks like an interesting 3 remaining games, idealy need to avoid the bottom 3. Last place is relagation, whilst 2nd and 3rd from bottom is a play off, winner of that playoff stays up, loser plays of against the winner of the 1st div play off. 4th from bottom or higher, and we play another season in the premier leauge

Tuesday, 20 October 2009
    19:45 Away to Derry City

Friday, 30 October 2009
    19:45 Away to Bohemians

Friday, 06 November 2009
    19:45 Home to Drogheda United

Table as it stands now, pats are on level points with us, having played a game less, even more reason for extra effort in thses remaining games, hopefully will get as much support behind the team and keep them up

pld g/d pts
    Shamrock Rovers 32 24 69
    Bohemians 32 35 67
    Cork City 32 12 52
    Derry City 32 13 50
    Dundalk 32 -1 43
    Galway United 32 -15 40
    Sligo Rovers 33 -11 37
    St. Patricks Ath 32 -15 37
    Drogheda United 32 -19 28
    Bray Wanderers 33 -23 26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Dunno bout anyone else, but I find the relegation battle nerves are kicking in all ready...nearly wish it was the end of season, so we knew already. I'm a Newcastle Utd. fan, so I don't want another final league day of drama/ the worry saga! Here's hoping that the cup goes well for us too, although tbh, I'd prefer to stay in the premier, and lose the cup if we could only have one or the other!

itac wrote: »
    Dunno bout anyone else, but I find the relegation battle nerves are kicking in all ready...nearly wish it was the end of season, so we knew already. I'm a Newcastle Utd. fan, so I don't want another final league day of drama/ the worry saga! Here's hoping that the cup goes well for us too, although tbh, I'd prefer to stay in the premier, and lose the cup if we could only have one or the other!

the nerves have been with me for the last serveral games, nails are totally bitten down

Irish Stew, think they really kicked in with me on Friday night. Spent most of the evening watching Cork & Bohs on the telly, refreshing extratime.ie and not wanting to leave the telly off, because occasionally they were talking about the Rovers match...don't think I've ever willed us to score a goal so much...(except in all the other matches we've been a goal down/in a position to possibly win!)
    Can't wait for this Friday night though...!!

itac wrote: »
    Irish Stew, think they really kicked in with me on Friday night. Spent most of the evening watching Cork & Bohs on the telly, refreshing extratime.ie and not wanting to leave the telly off, because occasionally they were talking about the Rovers match...don't think I've ever willed us to score a goal so much...(except in all the other matches we've been a goal down/in a position to possibly win!)
    Can't wait for this Friday night though...!!

a cup runs always nice, more concerned about derry tomorrow night first though

God, I completely forgot that was tomorrow night, had it in my head that it was thursday night for some ita-like reason:confused:
    Here's hoping...! *crosses fingers*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Is the semi sold out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

There were no tickets left in Jako and only 5 left in Keaneys today

2-1 in Derry into injury time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

3 points looks like were staying up now

3 points looks like were staying up now

and if pats lose their game in hand, hopefully avoid the play offs as well, was shocked when i heard that this season the FAI had introduced play offs for 2nd and 3rd from bottom compared to just 2nd from bottom last season

suppose its more revenue and advertising of the leauge but quite harsh in a league that only contains 10 teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Boco's free kick last night was unbelievable, top corner keeper hand't a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

Is there any tickets left for friday night?

gipo2 wrote: »
    Is there any tickets left for friday night?

not sure, but think they were selling them at the showgrounds this evening (couple of hours ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Sligo have to be big favourites now. I know u were favourites all along but the last few weeks we have been pretty bad and Rovers have been on 1 hell of a good run. I think the Blues players if they play to there best could win but they are playing so bad at the moment could not put 2 passes together. Our game against Mervue last night Okay we won but we were awful as ive said before its either they are saving themselves for the Semi-final or that they have absolutely nothing left in there legs it was the same against Monaghan. I hope we make a contest of it but the way we are playing I dont think we will but here's hoping. Either way if we dont win it then I hope Rovers do:)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Really looking forward to the game......Sligo Town better prepare itself for an invasion after the game as we are all staying up....

Come On the Blues!

tankbarry wrote: »
    Sligo have to be big favourites now. I know u were favourites all along but the last few weeks we have been pretty bad and Rovers have been on 1 hell of a good run. I think the Blues players if they play to there best could win but they are playing so bad at the moment could not put 2 passes together. Our game against Mervue last night Okay we won but we were awful as ive said before its either they are saving themselves for the Semi-final or that they have absolutely nothing left in there legs it was the same against Monaghan. I hope we make a contest of it but the way we are playing I dont think we will but here's hoping. Either way if we dont win it then I hope Rovers do:)

please not the favourites tag, oh the pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

hey stew u know you are favourites :) just hope its a close game...... but most of all I really hope the Sligo girls are looking well out tomorrow night:D

tankbarry wrote: »
    hey stew u know you are favourites :) just hope its a close game...... but most of all I really hope the Sligo girls are looking well out tomorrow night:D

any waterford girls travelling with ya's

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Best of luck to Sligo tonight. Wish ye all the best and hope ye win the entire thing.

RonnieB - Longford Town FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Im sure there will be a Section O tune sang, we did in Derry and Dundalk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Himself is coming up for the game - we'd arranged a ticket for me too but then I couldn't make it so we let our arrangers know they could let go of it if they found someone who wanted it.

Now himself has decided he'd like to bring his dad to the game tonight - I don't know if there's any chance that the game isn't sold out already but where are tickets being sold, etc? Apart from the gate, that is if they still have any...

It's never simple :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Xiney wrote: »
    Himself is coming up for the game - we'd arranged a ticket for me too but then I couldn't make it so we let our arrangers know they could let go of it if they found someone who wanted it.

Now himself has decided he'd like to bring his dad to the game tonight - I don't know if there's any chance that the game isn't sold out already but where are tickets being sold, etc? Apart from the gate, that is if they still have any...

It's never simple :D

Yep already gave it to my mate.... sorry. There will be tickets sold at the gate I think. never seen it sold out evn not with the european game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

irish-stew wrote: »
    please not the favourites tag, oh the pressure.

I know the grim reaper of Irish soccer! :p

who hoo 1-0

we're on our way to Tallaght, we're on our way to Tallaght, la la la hey, la la la hey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

What a great 2nd half! Well deserved win. Great stuff. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Were gonna win the cup:):):)

Get in there Blinkhorn:)

Advertisement