Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Were gonna win the cup:):):)

and stay up

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I started to doubt a win in the first half!
    great second half, hope they keep it up, wish it was this full every weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Glad they dont get to finals every week

Seriously feeling the affects of celebrating in Toffs:):)

Bring on the final:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

This is great. Well done Sligo Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I meant to buy a programme for a Sligo exile who couldn't make the game last night but forgot all about it (must've been the drink before the game) Does anyone know how I can get one now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

The boys played an absolute stormer in the second half and deserved the win. Waterford played well in spite of their injuries. If Rovers had continued to play the long ball game they were trying in the first half, Waterford would have won. Thankfully Cook's words at half time had the desired effect.

Blinkhorn, Raf and Morrison were great. Kelly was solid as always but his ball distribution was poor for a lot of the game (I began to lose count of the amount of times he lumped the ball waaaay down the pitch while the forwards were still in their own half). I always find something to complain about. :p

Delighted for Cookie and the players. It's only a pity that O'Grady had that rush of blood when he so very obviously handled the ball and got booked. He won't be leading the team out in the final thanks to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

CSC wrote: »
    I meant to buy a programme for a Sligo exile who couldn't make the game last night but forgot all about it (must've been the drink before the game) Does anyone know how I can get one now?
    Contacting the club would be your best chance, I reckon. Phone #: 071 917 1212

You can also post a message on foot.ie's Sligo Rovers forum. There might be someone there who knows of a spare copy floating about.

I'm not on any other forum but I will email the club to see if I can get one.

Does anyone know will Tallaght's capacity be increased for the final like they did for the Real Madrid game? And also when will the tickets be on sale?

sporting fingal in the final on the 22nd nov, looking like a mid table finish with 2 league games to go, nice turn around for the end of the season

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

irish-stew wrote: »
    sporting fingal in the final on the 22nd nov, looking like a mid table finish with 2 league games to go, nice turn around for the end of the season

:)

Think the players would have preferred Bray as a known quantity by all accounts. Think Sporting Fingal a tougher nut to crack but sure hey...cross that bridge and all that. :)

• Advertisement

tuppence wrote: »
    Think the players would have preferred Bray as a known quantity by all accounts. Think Sporting Fingal a tougher nut to crack but sure hey...cross that bridge and all that. :)

think so, fingal looked preety impresive yesterday, hopefully we'll have the crowd behind us, didn't seem to be to many at the match yesterday compared to ours

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

The Sligo Rovers game away to Bohs is live on RTE 2 this Friday, for those who can't make it down. It's also available online worldwide so any fans abroad can watch it too. :)

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1027/bohemians_sligorovers.html

Does anyone know will Tallaght's capacity be increased for the final like they did for the Real Madrid game? And also when will the tickets be on sale?

no mention yet, checking on foot.ie my self for updates and sligorovers.com

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

irish-stew wrote: »
    no mention yet, checking on foot.ie my self for updates and sligorovers.com

;)

now now! be nice :D

I'm not on any other forum but I will email the club to see if I can get one.

:mad::(:mad::(

Sligo fans call on extra tickets to be provided for FAI Ford Cup final.
    Earlier today the FAI confirmed that the FAI Cup final capacity would be limited to only 6,000 tickets. In the interest of fairness, both Sligo Rovers and Sporting Fingal will be limited to 2,500 tickets each.Any excess tickets returned may be allocated to Sligo Rovers.
    This is based on the assumption Sporting Fingal and some sponsors (accounting for 1,500 tickets) do not fulfil their allocation.
    However for this end of season finale the Bit O’Red Supporters Trust would like to see Sporting Fingal, who have achieved so much in such a short history, get the full support of the Fingal and surrounding community they deserve.However for a senior cup final the allocation to Sligo Rovers is way off the mark.
    The allocation has been decided based on the Tallaght stadium capacity and the clubs fan bases have never been factored into the equation.
    Sligo Rovers’ semi-final with Waterford United drew 5,000 Bit O’ Red fans; considering this was on a Friday evening and also live on TV the attendance could have been up an additional 500 supporters.
    Sligo Rovers, while rooted near the bottom of the league and playing 25 home games this year in all competitions, have provided one of the most consistent attendances in the Premier Division with an average of nearly 2000 fans for every match.
    Figures of at least 7000 Sligo fans travel to Dublin would not be far off the mark. Assuming that if so many went to the semi-final, then the same amount and a lot more will go the final. Also base these figures on recent sporting events in which Sligo participated.
    In the recent past Sligo has witnessed 10,000 – 15,000 Sligo sports fans travel to the Connaught finals and Croke Park and these, it is safe to say were not all GAA fans but Sligo sports fans. Will the FAI deny these supporters the same opportunity afforded to them by the GAA in attending an historical sporting event in our counties history?
    So far it looks that way.

The FAI are now telling genuine League Of Ireland fans who paid to view the penultimate round of the competition that they will be denied the opportunity to go to the final. These are the supporters who have stood by the League Of Ireland and the FAI during these turbulent times when the FAI hasn’t exactly covered itself in glory through its running of the league.
    Can the FAI afford to turn their backs on us?
    There will be supporters based around Ireland and across the world who will wish to attend the final that will be denied the chance to do so.
    By denying the majority of Rovers the opportunity to support their team in the cup final the FAI is also running the risk of ostracising fans and jeopardising support from future generations.
    There will be neutral supporters throughout the league who religiously go to the showpiece event of the League of Ireland season every year, (not to mention Shamrock Rovers fans who will want to witness the first cup final in their new home) who will also be denied tickets to attend this showpiece.There are solutions to this problem. Temporary seating that was installed for the Real Madrid match in Tallaght earlier this year could be erected and so allow everyone who wishes to attend the game to do so. Or move the final to another ground.
    The FAI claim that the cost and time it will take to erect the seating make it impossible.
    Time to erect temporary seating should not be a factor .For the Real Madrid game Shams were away from Tallaght for less than3 weeks and it will give us the same time from Monday to erect far less seats if the FAI chooses to do so.
    Price should not be a factor as FAI set to make millions (€10million) out of the World Cup play-off with France and potentially even more if Ireland qualifies, the suggestion that small loss on the seating is too much of a hit to take is a holds no argument.
    Also the same LOI fans are paying way and above the European average for international tickets which are helping fund the new AVIVA stadium. Taking this on board along with each LOI club having to purchase 10 year tickets for the AVIVA stadium the FAI have an obligation to ensure every fans is afforded the opportunity to attend the Blueriband event.
    This is the most important day in the League of Ireland calendar.
    Who wants to see the winning goal in the final be scored in front of a bare end?
    What good will this do to promote the league?
    What good will it to do to the fans who rarely attend matches to be denied the chance to, alienating potential new consumers of the league even more?
    At a time when the FAI are lobbying the French FA for extra tickets for the upcoming world cup playoff simply because they realise that Irish fans demands outweigh supply.
    In this case the FAI have very little or no influence on this decision.
    With the FAI cup the FAI face a similar scenario, we the Sligo Rovers fans play the roles of the FAI seeking a larger allocation of tickets currently provided. The FAI playing the role of French FA by rejecting our pleas. This time the FAI has all the power to change the decision. If they do not listen to the League of Ireland fans then this is hypocrisy in its purest form.We recognise the good work done by the FAI in recent times, but they need to realise this is the most important day for the fans of our club in 15 years and we have an obligation to these fans who keep the club alive to do all we can to ensure they have the opportunity to attend this piece of the clubs history. These are the same fans that prevented the club from going into extinction less than 18 months ago.
    So we ask John Delaney on behalf of true League of Ireland supporters and sports fans in general to afford them the opportunity to witness this sporting event and to change their ticketing policy ahead a meeting of both clubs on Monday before it is too late.The Bit O’ Red Supporters Trust

Alan Kearins

now now! be nice :D

this from the supporters trust

capacity is being limited to 6,000, so seemingly no temperary seats being put in, with each club getting 2,500 each, am gussing the additional 1,000 are general sale or being distrubuted amoungst local community

think the FAI are meeting with representives from both clubs on monday to go through final details and allocation

could be alot of disappointed fans out there if the above is true

:mad:

opps, just noticed your post Vintagekits, taken from the supporters trust

beat me to it

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭shellyriver

If they can't cope with 6,000. Why not change venue? Anywhere, that can facilitate more that 6,000 -- don't care where as long as its a line north of Galway/Dublin.

FAI -- what are they like! Apparently there was about 1,000 fans at the Fingus v Bray semi!!

If so concerned re interests of fairness, move the location or put in extra seats.

Debate that Fingal Co has a potential bigger crowd capacity and is building relations with community is fine and laudable -- but hypothetical. Back in the real world its a penalisation of the 5,000 Sligo soccer fans who turned up the Showgrounds.

Sligo should be allocated 5,000 tickets -- these will be sold no problem (maybe more 7/8,000).

Fingal might have big ambitions, but I suspect they are going to go the same way as all these Johnny Come Lately gigs. Look at even the way the Big Clubs are handled.

The inner city Dubs (even if living in Dunshauglin) will support the club their ancestors did. Those in the 'burbs are more likely to travel to Blighty to cheer on Manchester's Real Team:eek:

Post up the relevant Sligo and Dublin FAI numbers -- and make protest known.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hi,
    I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

"Sligo Rovers Fans FAI Ticket Allocation"

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/cupfinaltickets?e

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time.

Thanks!

If they can't cope with 6,000. Why not change venue? Anywhere, that can facilitate more that 6,000 -- don't care where as long as its a line north of Galway/Dublin.

FAI -- what are they like! Apparently there was about 1,000 fans at the Fingus v Bray semi!!

If so concerned re interests of fairness, move the location or put in extra seats.

Debate that Fingal Co has a potential bigger crowd capacity and is building relations with community is fine and laudable -- but hypothetical. Back in the real world its a penalisation of the 5,000 Sligo soccer fans who turned up the Showgrounds.

Sligo should be allocated 5,000 tickets -- these will be sold no problem (maybe more 7/8,000).

Fingal might have big ambitions, but I suspect they are going to go the same way as all these Johnny Come Lately gigs. Look at even the way the Big Clubs are handled.

The inner city Dubs (even if living in Dunshauglin) will support the club their ancestors did. Those in the 'burbs are more likely to travel to Blighty to cheer on Manchester's Real Team:eek:

Post up the relevant Sligo and Dublin FAI numbers -- and make protest known.:cool:

The would be the sensible solution. There will be over 10,000 Sligo fans looking for tickets and a move to say Tolka Park would be the best thing to do....for the fans!But its not the fans that is being thought about here its the FAI. They possibly have already put the cash down to rent Tallaght Stadium for the day and heaven forbid their crappy wee plan doesnt work out.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time.

Thanks!

signed it, but prehaps should remember, this is not just for the good of sligo, but the game in general, 6,000 seats is not enough for a cup final

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

HOORAY!!!! GOT MY TICKETS FOR THE MAIN STAND!!!!!:D:D:D:D

where is everybody meeting for and after the match??

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

On a slightly non-final related matter...
    safe from relegation playoffs....g'wan the bit o'red!! :D

picked mine up thurs night, meeting point is tallaght laus stop

:D
    itac wrote: »
    On a slightly non-final related matter...
    safe from relegation playoffs....g'wan the bit o'red!! :D

flipping great news, lads can relax now and focus on the final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I'd imagine the Maldron Hotel would be the best spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭6r4mad

Hi,

Thanks!

tought it was free.........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

6r4mad wrote: »
    tought it was free.........?
    It is free it just asks for a donation after your signature has been submitted. Heard stories of people not being able to get tickets at the game Friday because of people buying there's before they should have Thursday and Friday morning.

Anyway game tomorrow against cork in the setanta cup, mickey mouse cup but the prize money could be handy. Another 2-2 draw tomorrow.

It is free it just asks for a donation after your signature has been submitted. Heard stories of people not being able to get tickets at the game Friday because of people buying there's before they should have Thursday and Friday morning.

or you could say it was down to the club giving out tickets with out checking if people were season ticket holders or various club members and selling more than the allocation allowed
    Anyway game tomorrow against cork in the setanta cup, mickey mouse cup but the prize money could be handy. Another 2-2 draw tomorrow.

think tomorrow is a good opertunity to experiment, give some of the fringe or A squad players some more experience, help with squad selection for the final

Does anyone know where I could pick up a Sligo Rovers crest enamel badge?

I had one for years that I bought off Anthony who does the programmes but have lost it. I went into the merchandise shop in town today but there weren't any there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Does anyone know where I could pick up a Sligo Rovers crest enamel badge?

I had one for years that I bought off Anthony who does the programmes but have lost it. I went into the merchandise shop in town today but there weren't any there.
    There is a sligo rovers V Vllasnia europa league badge in the shop. If not I think the club shop at the showgrounds has them, the upstairs section of the record room had them for years but I havn't been near the place in ages. Jako might have some aswell.

Advertisement