Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

cup final send off
    The Bit O’Red supporters trust have organised an FAI cup send off for the lads in Mooney’s bar starting at 7pm on Thursday 19th November.

The evening will consist for the showing of our last FAI cup appearance in 1994 followed by a Q&A with Cookie sand some of the lads

So come along and show your support for the boys before they set of for the Final.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Well last night was disappointing but we have to move on.

Looking forward to Sunday now, going to be a great day in general and hopefully a good week of celebrations after. Apparently up to 75 buses going to the game aswell as cars and trains.

A few videos from past glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Only hours left now,

COME ON ROVERS:):):)

What can I say:(

Started off today heading to the Maldron Hotel suh a buzz going on there, half of Sligo in there. Headed over to the stadium early, got a place in the singing section such a bit of craic, some atmosphere:)
    We had the very strong wind in the first half, taught we should advantage of it but didnt. Second half, Doyle got us one up, place went f****** nuts!!!! felt we were gonna do it!!! was just imaging d session in d Maldron after then Coppers or wherever:)
    Felt we relly went defensive then, Raf came off with an injury and it didnt go well from then on. Conceded a peno then a last minute header:mad::mad::mad:
    Absolutely devasted to say the least!!!!! Headed back to the maldron after, bit of a depressin buzz, had a few drinks there, chatted a few Rovers heads. Left there for a few drinks in one of the lads houses in Dublin, plans of going to Coppers! All wrecked so just left it with a few drinks. So here I am slightly tipsy to say the least back home in d flat! thinking of what might of been if we had of taken the chances after we went one up!! but hey theres no tears without joy. extremely proud of the fans and the players they gave it all especially Doyle my Man of the match. Fair play to Fingal theres always next year:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

a truely aweful experience. :(

• Advertisement

Former Sligo Rovers player Seamus Coleman after getting man of the match for Everton against Spurs in his home league debut.
    What a legend:)

heads up guys, noticed that season tickets are on sale now, €200 if you buy before the 5th janurary so i believe, €230 afterwards (adult prices)
    Former Sligo Rovers player Seamus Coleman after getting man of the match for Everton against Spurs in his home league debut.
    What a legend:)

wow, nice one shamie, lets hope el trap had one of his scouts there, the man him self was at the fulham/sunderland game

He should definitely feature in Traps plans soon, although he could be to attacking for Traps liking. He set up Saha then crossed in for the bulid up to the second goal. Strange to think Robbie Keane was at the match aswell and didnt even get a game and Seamie walks away with man of the match. He's a top pro, delighted for him.

might even watch the premiership tonight to see what they say about him, hopefully this will bring increased appearances for the toffees and some money the bit o red way, as per the terms of his transfer

:)

rovers shows grounds broken into, team gear stolen and damage done

:mad:

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    rovers shows grounds broken into, team gear stolen and damage done

:mad:

Ya thats a bad act, such B******! Its doubtful but I hope they recover the gear. All brand new tracksuits. On a brighter note there seems to be a bit of transfer activity with a few decent signings such as Chris Turner. First competitive game of the season 22nd of Feb Setanta Cup against Cork. Cant wait for the new season, hopefully it'll be a good one

Sligo Rovers open the 2010 season with a Setanta Sports cup fixture against Belfast side Cliftonville on Saturday 27th February. Kick off for this fixture is 7pm at the Showgrounds.

http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=866:rovers-vs-cliftonville&catid=13:news&Itemid=246

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I will try and make it. I had something planned and hope I'm back in time!

Massive game tonight. Shamrock are probably a good shout for the league title this year so will be a tough match but we have a good squad so it'll be interesting to see how they do. Apparently close to 1,000 shamrock fans coming down aswell so the place will be packed best to get in early.
    Kick off at the Showgrounds at 7:45

connacht derby tonight against galway, ko 7.45, hopefully first win of the league campaign tonight, so you there

;)

Good win, Galway had nothing. We made enough chance and it was frustrating not converting more to goals but definitely a team thats gelling well and with room for improvement things are looking positive.

been reading and hearing some of the rumors ealier today, now its official
    Sligo Rovers are delighted to announce the signing of former Cameroon international Joseph Ndo.

Ndo, a free agent after leaving Bohemians, has joined the club on a contract until the end of the season. He will go straight into the Rovers squad for the clash with Pat Fenlon's side in Dalymount Park on Friday night.

Manager Paul Cook thinks that the signing is a massive boost for the club.

Cook said: "I'm delighted to bring Joseph Ndo to the Showgrounds. He will excite our supporters and brings something extra to our squad. We worked hard to complete the deal, everyone knows the talent Joseph possesses and I'm looking forward to working with him.

Rovers chairman Dermot Kelly is also pleased that the deal has been completed and hopes the coup could bring even bigger attendances in the Showgrounds for the rest of the season.

"Paul Cook has put together a very competitive squad. It has been an excellent start to the season with the people of Sligo turning out in big numbers. We're fourth in the Airtricity League Premier Division already so everything is in place."

Meanwhile the club can confirm it will not be appealing the DRC's ruling from the hearing to decide Chris Turner's future.

http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=878:ndo-signs-for-sligo-rovers&catid=13:news&Itemid=246

:):)

also, does anyone know what their building on the right as you go through the turn styles, noticed a few stacks of breeze blocks and foundations there the other night

and what was the story was all the smoke drifting over the jinx avenue stand at half time, seemed to be orriginating from somewhere between the stand and the astro turf, noticed the blue lights flashing during MNS last night as well

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

been reading and hearing some of the rumors ealier today, now its official

http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=878:ndo-signs-for-sligo-rovers&catid=13:news&Itemid=246

:):)

also, does anyone know what their building on the right as you go through the turn styles, noticed a few stacks of breeze blocks and foundations there the other night

and what was the story was all the smoke drifting over the jinx avenue stand at half time, seemed to be orriginating from somewhere between the stand and the astro turf, noticed the blue lights flashing during MNS last night as well

the one beside the astro turf is changing rooms and toilets and the one near the turnstile is cook's office and a reception room.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

the one beside the astro turf is changing rooms and toilets and the one near the turnstile is cooks office and a reception room

What's that if you don't mind me asking? Is it the club canteen? Just curious.

DenMan wrote: »
    What's that if you don't mind me asking? Is it the club canteen? Just curious.
    the manager paul cook

• Advertisement

the one beside the astro turf is changing rooms and toilets and the one near the turnstile is cooks office and a reception room

i thought cooks office and the reception was the building on the right outside the gates

didn't notice the ones beside the astroturf, been a while since i played there

:o

i thought cooks office and the reception was the building on the right outside the gates

didn't notice the ones beside the astroturf, been a while since i played there

:o
    secretary and Keith's office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I have been out of touch lately, can someone tell me when the Setanta cup games are being played?

CSC wrote: »
    I have been out of touch lately, can someone tell me when the Setanta cup games are being played?

Game re-fixed for Tuesday April 13th apparently.

home to dundalk tonight, unbeaten so far but need to start getting a few more wins on the board

hopefully see a few of you there

;)

home to dundalk tonight, unbeaten so far but need to start getting a few more wins on the board

hopefully see a few of you there

;)

2 nill up, only to conced 2 goals in as many minutes in the 2nd half

finished 2 all, could have been alot worse

:mad::mad:

finished 2 all, could have been a lot worse

:mad::mad:
    Dunno about a lot worse. We dominated the game then collapsed when they scored the first goal. Daft substitution to bring donniger on imo. Expected a win after 2-0 and 20minutes to go. On to Bray now anyway, better be 3 points there or questions will be asked.

Dunno about a lot worse. We dominated the game then collapsed when they scored the first goal. Daft substitution to bring donniger on imo. Expected a win after 2-0 and 20minutes to go. On to Bray now anyway, better be 3 points there or questions will be asked.

there was a possible 3rd goal that bobbled off the post after an absolute howler in the goal box, although to be far to the lads they did nearly get a screamer of a third goal as well

Home against UCD as well next weekm hopfully 3pts there as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Didn't get to the game last night, another draw but still unbeaten. I don't think Rovers should fear anyone this season at all and definitely think a top 3 finish (or higher!) is within the clubs grasp.

• Advertisement

http://www.freeforum101.com/sligorovers/index.php?mforum=sligorovers

New unofficial forum set up for Rovers fans. Some of you who used foot.ie might realise why the Rovers section is so quiet. Nice forum so would advise people to register and join the debate.

Advertisement