Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

Sligo Rovers annual fundraising draw takes place at the end of this month with some great prizes on offer including a holiday in Allicante, trips to Man Utd and Celtic vs Rangers games, weekend breaks at hotels in Donegal and Limerick, a rovers season ticket for 2011 to name a few.
    Rovers dont have billionaire American or Arab businessmen to prop them up and rely on the support and generosity of the local community to stay afloat.
    Tickets are 10 euro and any help is really appreciated in these recessionary times. If you would like one or know someone who does drop me a pm or get in touch with the club directly at 07191 71212.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

are tickets available from usual places, ie jako and the club office, haven't been getting to as near many games as i'd like do this season and am slightly out if the loop in relation to club maters so far this season

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

irish-stew wrote: »
    are tickets available from usual places, ie jako and the club office, haven't been getting to as near many games as i'd like do this season and am slightly out if the loop in relation to club maters so far this season

If you give the club a ring they will should have some at the office, not sure about jako etc.
    I volunteered to take a few books of tickets to sell for the club so i could sort you out if its convenient. Am in Sligo Town every day for work.

whislt on the subject of the rovers, some win last night, gutted i missed it, although the six goals i seen on tuesday night was also pretty special, must have given them a huge confidence boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

whislt on the subject of the rovers, some win last night, gutted i missed it, although the six goals i seen on tuesday night was also pretty special, must have given them a huge confidence boost.
    I'd advise watching mns on monday. The first two goals stood out, brilliant goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Home tie vs Athlone Town in the next round of the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Richie Winter is either inept or a cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Was at the game tonight also. So frustrating, I think Rovers deserved to draw at least, the team put in a great effort when they went down to ten men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Winters last game reffing Sligo was against us in the LC Semi-Final last year, another farce of a performance from him.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/winter-sparks-discontent-as-bohs-put-on-late-late-show-to-sink-sligo-1850031.html

Pity you didn't beat Shams tonight, Sligo is a very hard place to go and get a win!

great game against galway last night, 3-0. shame though about Ventre and Gerry being sent off. Looking forward to UCD on tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Stevedore

UCD tonight 7.45 vital to get the 3 points for the push for Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Anyone up in the Showgrounds tonight, best evening out in ages. Rovers wiped the floor with shams, 20seconds to get an equaliser after Twiggs fluke. Two great finishes from Amond, we could really have got a few more.

Absoluty delighted, was bouncing at the end

role on the final

if only bray got a result against bohs tonight, even a draw, would have capped it off perfectly

Total football from Rovers, quote from Con on MNS "are rovers barca in disguise" then to get a serious face from the pundits and "yes they are, Rovers are playing a style the loi are just not used to ".
    Richie Ryan has improved something else since he arrived has to be the best in the league at CM and Boco is just top class. If we had a better start to the season when we were thumping teams around the pitch but unable to buy a goal we woud be top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 western red

any date or venue fixed for the final, anyone?

any date or venue fixed for the final, anyone?

25th sept, the showgrounds or monaghan depending on the draw i think.

Might be a neutral venue, Longford ?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Was getting updates from friends at the match last night, gutted I missed such a brilliant match, but absolutely delighted for Rovers! Will be interesting to see how the league pans out now too, with Bohs in their spot of bother...gwan the bit o'red:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

What a night and a brilliant match. Scoring instantly after their "goal" was brilliant, both stands went crazy. Was a great atmosphere all game and even the main stand got going aswell. Looking forward to the final now.

Also after the second goal this banner was unveiled, absolute quality from Forza Rovers.

45956_459437803139_681618139_6357600_585203_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Clas banner in the picture above.

They really are playing great football this season. European place is looking very good at the moment. Almond has to be the signing of the season. He is banging them in.

Roll on the final!

• Advertisement

Ten matches left and 6 points behind , although Shams have a game in hand, if we win this weekend and next week then that would really shake things up(Pats and Shams). Shame both games are away. Looking at the fixtures we have a break second last weekend of the season with Pats at home for the final match. I reckon that will be a massive game with a full house and at least Europe to play for.

What a night and a brilliant match. Scoring instantly after their "goal" was brilliant, both stands went crazy. Was a great atmosphere all game and even the main stand got going aswell. Looking forward to the final now.

Also after the second goal this banner was unveiled, absolute quality from Forza Rovers.

45956_459437803139_681618139_6357600_585203_n.jpg

that was a fantasic moment, the whole of the new stand went nuts when they seen that, quality effort from the forzas, kudos to ya's.

well we got the right result friday night against finn harps in the FAI cup, but certainly did not make it easy on our selves.

terrible conditions but great support for the bit o red, the forzas made some noise, and really tested 'the shed' foundations.

great buzz back in mooneys for the afterparty.

roll on the quarter final draw tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I heard the LC final is in the Showgrounds on the 25th at 5:30.

FAI Qtr final draw.

Home to Monaghan either on the 17th, 18th, or 19th of September.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

FAI Qtr final draw.

Home to Monaghan either on the 17th, 18th, or 19th of September.

:)

Which is the weekendbefore the league cup final.:D

Well that was a bit tense last night, 4 nil up, 15 minutes to go, and then conseeded three goals. Up to 4th but that little added goal difference would have been nice

sligo v monaghan, take 1, FAI quarter final, beat them tonight 2 nill

take 2 is next weekend in the league cup final, the way theie playing good be up against them in the premier league next season as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

sligo v monaghan, take 1, FAI quarter final, beat them tonight 2 nill

take 2 is next weekend in the league cup final, the way theie playing good be up against them in the premier league next season as well.
    twas 3

• Advertisement

twas 3

forgot about that 3rd one

Advertisement