Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Just wondering if anyone knows if tickets for the League Cup final are on sale at the Showgrounds this week? I haven't had the chance to phone the ticket office as of yet. I don't think I'll be able to make the Bohs game as I'm working in Galway ATM. :(

EDIT: Got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

from the rovers website today
    Sligo Rovers can confirm that all ticket for the Treacy Avenue Stand for the EA Sports Cup final with Monaghan United on Saturday evening are sold out.

There are just a handful of tickets left for the Jinks' Avenue Stand and they are only adult tickets. There are still terrace tickets left remaining.

Tickets go on sale once again at the Bohemians game on Tuesday night in The Showgrounds.

http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=993:ea-final-tickets-selling-well&catid=13:news&Itemid=246

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

draw for the semi-final of the fai cup is live on mns at 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

draw for the semi-final of the fai cup is live on mns at 7

Hopefully it won't be Shams or Bohs away.

Hopefully it won't be Shams or Bohs away.

more than likely it will be, the FAI will want them meeting in the final for the big money spinner.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

irish-stew wrote: »
    more than likely it will be, the FAI will want them meeting in the final for the big money spinner.

:(

I wish i could disagree with this statement but its true. I am predicting it will be sligo rovers at home against shams, i am abit optimistic with the home draw but i live in hope

away to bohs, match to be played 15th to 17th of october.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

is planned for the Friday 15 with a 7.35 ko

is planned for the Friday 15 with a 7.35 ko

cool, any ideas on ticket allocation yet, didn't hear any announcements last night (apart form the date)

wouldn't like to chance a drive or a booze bus down there without any.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Awful draw. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

greetings wrote: »
    Awful draw. :(
    Could have been worse tbh. A home draw would have been ideal, but i'm sure there will be a massive away support for this, and if everyone gets behind the team and they play well then we can beat them. I reckon we'll get a draw and a replay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

CHAMPIONS :):):)

Great 1-0 victory tonight in the Showgrounds to win the league cup

Was nervous there at the end but we held on

GO ON THE BIT OF RED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Delighted, the classy style of football Rovers has been playing this season has been rewarded with silverware. Season not over yet though, still a european place to play for in the league and also the fai cup!

Massive match on tonight against Bohemians in FAI cup Semi final

Live on RTE 2 at 8pm

Be sure to tune in

90 minautes away from the final:)

Rovers are all over Bohs.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

great result played bohs off the park.

Happy days,two cups in one season would be fantastic.Well deserved too.

Aviva le Rovers:D:D:D

What a performance. Bullet of a header from Peers

Roll on the final!!!

Hopefully get St Pats rather than Shams so as we get more tickets

Fantastic result last night, all over Bohs. Lansdowne Rd, here we come.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Whenever I go to a Rovers final - they lose. Whenever I don't - they win. I love to go, but I think I'll have to avoid going. Yet whenever I watch them on TV they win. In last years final, the other feckers got their goal when I was in the Bog. I took me eyes of the screen for a few minutes and look what happened. Well done 'Reds', so hopefully now they'll go the whole way and cap a great season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Don't think getting tickets is going to be a problem, The stadium holds 52,000 people, they won't fill it imo. I would love to see two tiers full with only the top empty.

great atmosphere in Dayler last friday was hoarse till today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I hope they don’t f$%k up the ticketing this time round. Last year they were to sell only to the season ticket holders first then everyone else. Turned out anyone who went up on the Thurs evening got whatever they wanted regardless. I remember this time last year I had asked the wife to get me a season ticket for Christmas and after the mess that was the final tickets I told her not to bother as it was of no benefit to hold one. I know there will be loads of surplus for this one but it would be nice for the die hard season ticket holders to be able to rub it in around the place by having their tickets a few days early. It would also generate a lot more sales of season tickets for next season.

PS: I don’t have a season ticket but will get one next season if Rovers make a point of looking after them first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 D Boyo

bennyc wrote: »
    I hope they don’t f$%k up the ticketing this time round. Last year they were to sell only to the season ticket holders first then everyone else. Turned out anyone who went up on the Thurs evening got whatever they wanted regardless. I remember this time last year I had asked the wife to get me a season ticket for Christmas and after the mess that was the final tickets I told her not to bother as it was of no benefit to hold one. I know there will be loads of surplus for this one but it would be nice for the die hard season ticket holders to be able to rub it in around the place by having their tickets a few days early. It would also generate a lot more sales of season tickets for next season.

PS: I don’t have a season ticket but will get one next season if Rovers make a point of looking after them first.

Mate the stadium holds 50,000 there won't be a problem with tickets :). Thought Rovers were amazing lets hope we can win our final 3 games of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If I was still living in town and not dublin a season ticket would be an essential purchase, next year we should make a good run at the league, this is one of the finest SRFC teams ever assembled.

absolutly, i had a season ticket last year, joined the queue on night tickets were released, was first asked how many i wanted , then offered to show my season ticket and responce was 'why would i want to see it?'

dont have one this year, but will be in the queue when ever released, regardless how easy it is to get them.

D Boyo wrote: »
    Mate the stadium holds 50,000 there won't be a problem with tickets :). Thought Rovers were amazing lets hope we can win our final 3 games of the season.

I have said in the post that there will be a surplus of tickets anyway that’s not the point, the fact is Rovers need to sell season tickets to continue their success. They have a good chance here to advertise the fact that a season ticket holder will be looked after first. If Rovers win the Cup or finish 3rd they could immediately put the 2011 Season ticket up for sale as they usually do around Christmas and get a lot of new people buying them. Then hopefully in the summer there will be a massive scramble for Europa League tickets and Rovers can again use this to advertise the season ticket benefit.

Rovers are going to be only one of a few clubs that can offer full time football next season so they should be in a position to add to the squad rather then worrying about holding onto players. They will need the extra revenue more then ever next season.

I am from Donegal and we won Sam almost 20years ago, the local club then put a list in a shop window of all the GAA club members and who were entitled to All Ireland Final Tickets, I still throw my brother the 20-30 quid a year for club membership on the off chance that if there is a ticket scramble (Ulster final, Semi etc) then I know I will be ok.

I heard that the tickets will be 10 and 5 for kids, great news,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

Ryan and blinkhirn both suspended for the game:(

and apparently they're limiting the capacity of the aviva to 28000 for the game.

I heard that the tickets will be 10 and 5 for kids, great news,

where did you hear that, thought would be around €25
    James2693 wrote: »

and apparently they're limiting the capacity of the aviva to 28000 for the game.

thats plenty, will cater for everyone wanting to see their side and those wanting to experience the new stadium

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

James2693 wrote: »

I'd imagine the top tiers won't be open, limiting the seats but still leaving plenty available. Although I'd imagine Rovers are going to bring more this year. The attractive football being played all year is sure to attract more.

Gutted for Blinkhorn and Richie, two very influential players that have been outstanding and key to us getting to the final in the first place. Luckily there is a lot of talent in the team, but the way the suspensions have been done are ridiculous tbh.

Advertisement