Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Getting close lads.

Any pubs around the Aviva all the fans will be having a pint in?
    ocan are in the hotel across from the aviva the DSC are in the D4 Berkeley Court Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Probably worth mentioning that Steve Lomas has been installed as St.Johnstone manager.

There had been a shortening of Cook's odds for that job again late last week. But thankfully for no good reason in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Getting close lads.

Any pubs around the Aviva all the fans will be having a pint in?

Are you refering to tonight, or tomorrow?

:D

Cant remember the name of the pub, but theres one near the stadium. If you walk down Lansdowne road with the D4 Berkley on your right, turn left at the next juntion, walk for a few minutes and there will be a small gastro pub on the corner on your right. Great buzz amongst both sets of fans there last year before the game that afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

If anyone is in Dublin tonight, the Dublin Supporters Club are meeting for drinks in The Barge pub on Charlemount Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lads 5 of us are stuck for a lift after one of the lads' cars broke down,anyone know of any supporters' buses going?

• Advertisement

Big day has arrived. Com on the Bit O'Red!!
    thebuzz wrote: »
    If anyone is in Dublin tonight, the Dublin Supporters Club are meeting for drinks in The Barge pub on Charlemount Street.

Near the Portabello? What time was that at? Was in it for a while last night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Seriously pissed off, through circumstances beyond my control I am stuck in Sligo :mad:. Will now have to watch it on the big screen, it's never the same though :(. Come On Rovers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Cant wait for this now!

Will be watching on rte.ie from South Korea. Was at the last two finals and last year was amazing. The tension been up in the stand behind Ciaran Kelly and then the joy when he made those 4 amazing saves. The craic was unreal in Jurys I think afterwards and then in Sligo from Monday night on. Will miss it big time.

Heres hoping for a good display and a Rovers win!

COME ON THE BIT OF RED!!!

Lansdowne Rd is starting to bounce. :D

Champions! Feck, the drama nearly stopped my heart once or twice. Makes it sweeter though I suppose.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Great win, the drama adds to the excitement of the win. Tried getting home for the match but couldn't, the Clarion does not know what is going to hit it tonight.

Wonder who Rovers will face next year at Landsdowne?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Well done. Should have won in normal time. Lucky but well deserved after a great season. Kelly is a penalty saving machine. Roy of the Rovers stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Well done lads!!
    Does anyone know what the story is as regards a civic reception tomorrow evening in town??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

johnire wrote: »
    Well done lads!!
    Does anyone know what the story is as regards a civic reception tomorrow evening in town??
    Not sure but if it's anything like last year, the team should arrive at the town hall around 8 after stopping offs at other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Well done Lads, another win. As said, should have been in normal time, but thank god for kelly.

As for the homecoming.... From facebook
    ROVERS ANNOUNCE ARRANGEMENTS FOR HOME-COMING

Sligo Rovers supporters all over the county will have a chance to welcome the newly crowned FAI Cup winners home tomorrow, as the club announced details of their homecoming itinerary. The Team Bus will leave Dublin Monday morning and will make brief stops in towns and villages on the route home and expect to arrive in the Showgrounds around 9.00pm.

This time is very much an estimate, and people wishing to welcome the team home, in Sligo and on planned stops along the route, are asked to stay in touch throughout the day for the up to date position on the team’s progress home. Updates will be broadcast at regular intervals on Monday on Ocean FM and will also be posted on the Sligo Rovers and Sligo Today websites.

The day’s schedule is as follows:

1.00pm Carrick on Shannon

3.15pm Boyle

4.15pm Gurteen

5.00pm Tubbercurry

6.00pm Ballymote

6.45pm Riverstown

7.30pm Collooney

9.00pm Showgrounds

Celebration in Fiddlers Creek due to get underway at 11.00pm

While the team bus will adhere as closely as possible to the time-table, delays can occur and supporters should stay informed throughout the day to keep up to date on progress. The last ‘leg’ of the journey will be the Showgrounds, where a special stage will be erected facing on to the car-park, which will allow supporters welcome Paul Cook and his team home with the Cup.

Took over 4 hrs to drive back to Sligo tonight.

:eek:

Great win though, was quite worried when Cook subbed Clarke for Kelly, huge gamble paid off though.

Showgrounds tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

irish-stew wrote: »
    Took over 4 hrs to drive back to Sligo tonight.

Great win though, was quite worried when Cook subbed Clarke for Kelly, huge gamble paid off though.

Showgrounds tomorrow night.

Ye of little faith. Kelly has a gravitational pull to his gloves at penalty times. There could be no other result :D

il gatto wrote: »
    Ye of little faith. Kelly has a gravitational pull to his gloves at penalty times. There could be no other result :D

Ah dont get me wrong, Kelly is an amazing keeper, but bringing him on in the 119th minute had me slightly on the egde.

Ah dont get me wrong, Kelly is an amazing keeper, but bringing him on in the 119th minute had me slightly on the egde.

If ever I've seen a real ballsy substitution that was it.

Man there is some serious sour grapes over in the Soccer Forum match thread. Some Dubs just can't take a beating, god forbid the thought of Silverware leaving The Pale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Man there is some serious sour grapes over in the Soccer Forum match thread. Some Dubs just can't take a beating, god forbid the thought of Silverware leaving The Pale.

:D:D Hee Hee:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Agree with the above about the soccer forum. Its getting quite funny the amount of crap being said.
    I reckon it was a no brainer putting Kelly on as he could do no wrong. Even if he didnt save a shot then it would still have taken one of the rovers players to miss and they would be the villan. The Keeper has the least amount of pressure on him during a shootout as all they really do is have a guess and its either right or wrong. The pressure is all on the taker to score. Also I do reckon he got away with murder comming off the line as we had a perfect view and everyone was saying the same but if he wasnt pulled on it then why not continue. He did wind up the takers big time and thats where he won it for us imo, as all Shels penos were shocking compared to ours.

What is the right stroy about taking the pens into our supporters ? I would have imagined a toss would usually decide the side.

The two in a row makes it all the sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

bennyc wrote: »
    What is the right stroy about taking the pens into our supporters ? I would have imagined a toss would usually decide the side.

I'm sure I saw a coin toss taking place on the big screen, but I could have been mistaken. Haven't watched the game back on TV yet, but either way, who cares (apart from Shels)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

You wait sixteen years for an FAI cup win and then two arrive on the bounce!

Football, eh? ....it's a funny old game! :P

Any ideas on the set up for the Showgrounds tonight. I would assume something would be happening on the pitch infront of the mainstand, anyone have any confirmation?

Nothing on the club website or the Oceanfm website bar the arrival time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Any ideas on the set up for the Showgrounds tonight. I would assume something would be happening on the pitch infront of the mainstand, anyone have any confirmation?

Nothing on the club website or the Oceanfm website bar the arrival time.

No the truck is facing onto the Carpark so no need to go into stands at all. Twill be a good night for it but cold, wrap up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Exactly i was bewildered reading the thread. They scored a goal against the run of play never manufactured a chance after that(did they even get into rovers box)how they were robbed i dont know.There a bad side id rate rovers performance 3/10 and they still couldnt get near us.

Bus on route from Colloney to Balisidare (spellings). Showgrounds car park starting to fill.

Its brirrrr out there. Wrap up if heading over ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

There were people going in from seven o'clock when I went by

Advertisement