Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I hadn't realised, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Nice to see Dykes The Younger getting a run out in the League Cup game against Monaghan Utd. last night, even if only for a few minutes.

Don't forget, Friday's game against Derry City kicks off at 7:05pm, cos it's on the telly - but go and watch it live, it's always better live.

Mark McGoldrick came off at half time, he had broken his hand.

Expect Ben McGarry to get a game soon, probably in the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Marty Owens and Liam Martin are two good prospects for Rovers, played very well against Monaghan and also good players for the U-19's.

Martin played very well. Don't think I agree with him being made man of the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

[QUOTE=UrbanSea;78072509.

Expect Ben McGarry to get a game soon, probably in the cup[/QUOTE]

Is he a local player?

Yeah, he's still in Summerhill, he'd be a nephew of Jim McGarry. Good centre/ right back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

Has tulipandthistle emigrated?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sligo's Pascal Milliens work permit has came through and will be introduced to the Showgrounds crowd tonight.

His thoughts.

Unfortunatly, because of work I might only get home just as the second half kicks off.

I can't wait for this match.

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I can't wait for this match.

You heading to it UrbanSea?

Ps. Just noticed the sig, is that since your promotion? ;)

Na it's been like that for ages. Rovers were brutal tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Unfortunatley I couldnt make game tonight and had to watch it on Rte.
    Was disgusted by Adrian Eames' commentary. He is as bad as the shams dung that we hear so often on M.N.S. and on the live games.Gobs***es like Stephen Alkin and that gimp Con Murphy always going on about Rovers when they are talking about Shamrock Rovers and then saying Sligo when they are talking about Sligo Rovers.:mad:

I just wish Eames (and other commentators) would show some respect to our club, especially as Eames is from Sligo.

Last season that eejit Alkin was commentating on the Sligo Rovers-Shamrock Rovers game and kept saying Rovers when shams had the ball and then realising that both teams were in fact Rovers.

Even the analysts are getting in on the act, but I thought the likes of Dave Barry and Pat Morley would try to be a bit more neutral given where they are from.

Am just having a bit of a rant, maybe peed off at dropping 2 points. ;)

236-01.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 belfastbest

Any Sligo Rovers fan/s help me obtain a programme from the Setanta Cup home game v Crusaders 23-4-12.Thank you and all the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Looking forward to the game against Crusaders tomorrow night, big ask to score three goals without conceding though but hopefully they can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

Any Sligo Rovers fan/s help me obtain a programme from the Setanta Cup home game v Crusaders 23-4-12.Thank you and all the best

Yes I'll pick one up at tmrws game pm me for collection in Belfast later in the week

Match at the Showgrounds against Crusaders tonight is televised on Setanta. But its so much better being there if you can.

;)

Unfortunatly I cant make it, and dont have Setanta.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Twitter is your friend Stew, follow sligo rovers. Whoever tweets for them is brilliant always very fast. Looking forward to the match myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

irish-stew wrote: »
    Match at the Showgrounds against Crusaders tonight is televised on Setanta. But its so much better being there if you can.

;)

Try this

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/48475/1/sligo-rovers-vs-crusaders-live-stream-online.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

;)

I do :D. 2-0 Rovers, 35 mins left.....

I do :D. 2-0 Rovers, 35 mins left.....

Following live updates. Nearly hopped of the sofa when I seen 2 nill.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Following live updates. Nearly hopped of the sofa when I seen 2 nill.

:D

Extra time just started... still no change in score.

Derry through to final, lost 0-2 tonight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 belfastbest

2-1 aet /Crusaders win 3-2 and Play Derry C in the Final 12th May at Windsor Park

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Anyone got word of the new stand that is to be constructed behind the goal at the car park end? Any plans online to view yet? (and please don't post the old plans for jinx side)

Was watching crusaders game on box and I thought all those grey walls in background would look great painted all red like Munster have done at both Thomond and Musgrave. It all helps for the image of club! Showgrounds are coming on for sure!

The only plans I'd ever seen was the one for the Stand/Clubhouse/Gym at the Church Hill Road end. Although no word that I know off on that for a couple of years.

There was also a mural planned for the grey wall beside the Jinxs Ave stand as far as I knew. How that progressed I dont know. Am ashammed to say due to other commitments have only been in the ground once or twice so far this season.

On a seperate note, our match on saturday may 12th against shams has been moved back to a 1.45pm kick off to faciltate RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

145 on a saturday.
    What in the name of jesus is the thinking behind that?
    Was it gonna clash with the voice or something :rolleyes:

Silly kick off time all right! Doubt the hundreds travelling from Dublin will be too happy either?

As far as I know that new stand will be for 1370 covered at the traditional home end. Planning permission went in last February. So should be a big announcement any day now as planning for a structure like this usually takes 12 weeks. Welcome addition to the showgies and at last it will feel like a proper stadium.

Gingko wrote: »
    Silly kick off time all right! Doubt the hundreds travelling from Dublin will be too happy either?

As far as I know that new stand will be for 1370 covered at the traditional home end. Planning permission went in last February. So should be a big announcement any day now as planning for a structure like this usually takes 12 weeks. Welcome addition to the showgies and at last it will feel like a proper stadium.
    Plans are great, it's getting the money to build the thing is the problem. I wouldn't be expecting to see it built within the next 5 years at least, even though there is some grant money going around, club would still have to raise a good amount to complete it.

• Advertisement

thebuzz wrote: »
    Plans are great, it's getting the money to build the thing is the problem. I wouldn't be expecting to see it built within the next 5 years at least, even though there is some grant money going around, club would still have to raise a good amount to complete it.

Are you talking about the Jinx side development? There the only plans online. That also has a gym, social club, futsal hall etc. And yes that will take another few years at least but the stand I'm talking about is another one behind the goal at the old shed end. And as far as I know it is going ahead soon? Anyone here with an insiders knowledge? :)

Advertisement