Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

irish-stew wrote: »
    Bloody RTE. First they make us move the game time, now they are dictating where we can/cant sit/stand.

:mad:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sligo-Rovers-FC/131278013633342

I say fill the place on saturday afternoon. So much more fun being there than watching it from the sofa.

The kick off time will make it difficult for a lot of people that work on Saturdays alright. Hopefully we can still get a big crowd though.

I'm not sure that the area RTE want to set up their camera behind the goal will make much difference though, would be much worse if they wanted to block off the Railway end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Tiny bit off topic but apparently Richie Ryan put in a motm performance for Dundee Utd against Celtic last weekend.

Also gutted to see Seamus Coleman didn't make the Ireland squad for the Euro 2012. There goes any reason I might have to even bother about Trap's team of hoofballers this summer. :yawn:

Back on topic - lets put shams to the sword! C'mon the bit o'red!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Defo not going to miss this 1, looking forward to it & should be a great atmosphere.Would be great to see the showgrounds packed out for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Hate being away from home, especially when games like this come up. Shams are on a bad run as well as having a poor defensive record. Hopefully we start well and take control of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Gotta love the Bias towards Shams in todays Irish Times.

Hopefully we'll show them today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Wheres the bias?:confused:

AIRTRICITY LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION Sligo Rovers v Shamrock Rovers: THE RECEIVED wisdom has long been that the first real opportunity to size up how your league season is shaping up is after the first round of games is completed and with that in mind Stephen Kenny and his men could do with winning at the Showgrounds this afternoon (kick-off 1.45), writes EMMET MALONE .The champions would be left eight points off the pace if they lose today and while they’ve made a habit of making life difficult for themselves over the course of their two most recent title-winning campaigns, Sligo don’t seem to be playing ball this time around by giving their rivals an early season head start.
    The hosts go into the game unbeaten in their opening 10 league games and, with Alan Keane back after a knee problem but Joseph Ndo facing a late test on a hamstring, are close to being at full strength.
    Their visitors arrive having taken just six points from their last 15 and having failed to win any of the three games they would have expected to since the trouncing of Dundalk just short of a month ago.
    Kenny, who will have to assess the fitness of Ronan Finn, Ken Oman (both hamstring) and Billy Dennehy (virus) before finalising his team, insists his side is good enough to break that run if “we play to our abilities”. There are easier places to do that than the Showgrounds, even if the hosts have dropped points in each of their last two home games.

more mention of shamrock rovers there than sligo rovers.

True about the cameras. Area immediatly behind shed goal fenced off. Good crowd here though.
    Wheres the bias?:confused:

AIRTRICITY LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION Sligo Rovers v Shamrock Rovers: THE RECEIVED wisdom has long been that the first real opportunity to size up how your league season is shaping up is after the first round of games is completed and with that in mind Stephen Kenny and his men could do with winning at the Showgrounds this afternoon (kick-off 1.45), writes EMMET MALONE .The champions would be left eight points off the pace if they lose today and while they’ve made a habit of making life difficult for themselves over the course of their two most recent title-winning campaigns, Sligo don’t seem to be playing ball this time around by giving their rivals an early season head start.
    The hosts go into the game unbeaten in their opening 10 league games and, with Alan Keane back after a knee problem but Joseph Ndo facing a late test on a hamstring, are close to being at full strength.
    Their visitors arrive having taken just six points from their last 15 and having failed to win any of the three games they would have expected to since the trouncing of Dundalk just short of a month ago.
    Kenny, who will have to assess the fitness of Ronan Finn, Ken Oman (both hamstring) and Billy Dennehy (virus) before finalising his team, insists his side is good enough to break that run if “we play to our abilities”. There are easier places to do that than the Showgrounds, even if the hosts have dropped points in each of their last two home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Its the same on tv unfortunatley.
    The amount of times they have said Rovers when talking about Shamrock Rovers is unbelievable and now and again they realise their stupid mistakes and try to correct it but after Turner got sent off I dont even think theyve tried to correct the mistakes.

Richardson is even worse doing the analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

northknife wrote: »
    Its the same on tv unfortunatley.
    The amount of times they have said Rovers when talking about Shamrock Rovers is unbelievable and now and again they realise their stupid mistakes and try to correct it but after Turner got sent off I dont even think theyve tried to correct the mistakes.

Richardson is even worse doing the analysis.

They just apologised on 70mins for their bias which they have said is not bias.

OH YES IT FÚ(KING IS.

Well done Sligo Rovers for the great 3-0 win over Shams.Great afternoon at the showgrounds, the atmosphere was 1st class, I think the attendence was over 2800.All the goals where top notch too.6 points clear on the top of the league.
    Sing it loud
    "We are top of the league, We are top of the league":D

• Advertisement

Great result and fantastic crowd, dispite RTEs best efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

a9ocqw.jpg

cartman-sweet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

74721_3432458965190_1081885239_2986083_2020671249_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nice putting Shams to the sword. A very good result but there is still a long way to go. But this has surely got to be our year.

FYI The Irish U-21s are playing the Italian U-21s at the showgrounds on Monday 4th june at 3pm, should only be a fiver in.A lot of good players in the squad this time, Robbie Brady, Shane duffy, samir carruthers, sean murray, aiden white & a lot more.Will be well worth it

Fantastic result against Shelbourne tonight, and potential goal of the season from Pascal Millien after less than two minutes on the pitch.

8 points clear!

:D

Fantastic result against Shelbourne tonight, and potential goal of the season from Pascal Millien after less than two minutes on the pitch.

8 points clea

:D
    Ya agreed great result.2 goals from man of the match Danny North, who's on great form at the moment & a great finisher.Pascal Millien's individual goal was quality, his mazy run & cross minutes later nearly lead to a goal too. He looks like a good signing

Another FYI the cup game against Monaghan this coming Friday 25th may at 7.45pm at the showgrounds will be the only home game for near a month.With the mid season break & away fixtures the way they fall

Beyond my wildest dreams.

When you consider the state of flux the club was in during the close season with all the speculation surrounding Paul's situation. At one point it really did feel like it might all fall apart for us. But Baraclough has come in and really marshaled the troops. He must be one hell of a man motivator.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

anyone know what is story with tickets for u21 irish game...iv tried on ticketmaster and keep getting errors.tried ringing showgies but no answer and i need to be able to get them online or over phone as i wont be in sligo any time before the game and want to make sure i have tickets

• Advertisement

liam12989 wrote: »
    anyone know what is story with tickets for u21 irish game...iv tried on ticketmaster and keep getting errors.tried ringing showgies but no answer and i need to be able to get them online or over phone as i wont be in sligo any time before the game and want to make sure i have tickets

I just got them before at the showgrounds about an hour or 2 before the game.Maybe try emailing FAI on info@fai.ie , they might help you out

First defeat of the season incurred tonight but other results went our way, with Pats also losing their unbeaten record and Shams drawing.

Gap slightly narrows to seven points but it could have been worse.;)

First defeat of the season incurred tonight but other results went our way, with Pats also losing their unbeaten record and Shams drawing.

Yes, the pats loss, and shams draw was a blessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

And better to lose to a team near the bottom of the table than near the top, from a points gap perspective. Shams drawing to Monaghan was a help too.

TheQ47 wrote: »

And better to lose to a team near the bottom of the table than near the top, from a points gap perspective. Shams drawing to Monaghan was a help too.
    Very true Q47 rather loes to them than any of the closest rivals & we're lucky results went our way.It was a great run tho.I say injuries & tiredness took its toll, with mid season break around the corner will recharge the batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

liam12989 wrote: »

YOu may have already seen this, but just in case: http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1545-ticket-details-for-irelanditaly-game
    Tickets for the upcoming UEFA U-21 Championship Qualifier between Ireland and Italy on Bank Holiday Monday, June 4th in the Showgrounds, kicking off at 3pm, will go sale this coming Thursday. Tickets cost €10 for adults and €5 for children aged 16 and under. Ticket sales times are as follows:

Thursday 24th May 5pm – 8pm, the Showgrounds

Friday 25th May 10am – 5pm, the Showgrounds

Tickets will be also on sale at the FAI Ford Cup Second Round game between Sligo Rovers and Monaghan United

Saturday 26th May 11am – 2pm, the Showgrounds

Monday 28th May 5pm – 8pm

Further details to be announced. Supporters are asked to note that as this is an all seated fixture the capacity of the Showgrounds will be reduced on the day.

3-1 Loss to Monaghan. No trip to the big smoke this year.

:(

Team news for Sligo Rovers tonight, they play Bohs away at Dalymount 7.45
    Rovers will be without Romauld Boco (international duty) and Alan Keane (suspended) for the trip to Dublin. Joseph Ndo and Iarfhlaith Davoren miss out because of injury.
    A good chunk of the first team missed but hope rovers can turn results around tonight to maintain their lead on top of the league

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'll take that draw tonight over a loss anytime and still 6 points clear. At least the run of defeats has also ended. Maybe getting knocked out of the Cup might be a blessing in the long run. Because I'd much prefer to see them focus 100% on the League title.

• Advertisement

Heard from reports that Sligo Rovers where lucky come from Dalymount with a point, also i heard the Ref had a bad game, 10 yellows & a red he handed out.Happy with the point myself also to stop the run of defeats.
    Hopefully Rovers come out all guns ablazing after the 3 week break.
    Does anybody know when Joesph Ndo is back from injury?

Advertisement