Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

live next to dayler so went along to it. bohs were better alright, had been fairly 50:50 all game until the sending off, they were on top right before the sending off too although you did look more likely to score... thought north could have used someone in behind him and scully is an awful donkey up front for bohs, if someone better was there you may have been in trouble, he fluffed a few attacks when they were in good positions. Millien was very good though
    ref was dreadful, woefully inconsistant with what he gave cards for and didnt and despite sending off mcguinness i thought sligo were getting more calls their way than the should have

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

darman28 wrote: »
    Heard from reports that Sligo Rovers where lucky come from Dalymount with a point
    You must have been told that as a result of Bohs chance at the end following McGuinness' sending off. Rovers well on top throughout the game up until McGuinness went off. Just couldn't really take our chances, we did hit the post. Better performance than recent games (wouldn't be hard) and we actually put in some effort this time. Shocking decision from Baraclough to take Pascal off and bring Dykes on. Pascal MOTM.

If anyone was likely to win it, it was Rovers. So no, we weren't lucky to escape with a point but Bohs could have taken it at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

overshoot wrote: »
    live next to dayler so went along to it. bohs were better alright, had been fairly 50:50 all game until the sending off, they were on top right before the sending off too although you did look more likely to score... thought north could have used someone in behind him and scully is an awful donkey up front for bohs, if someone better was there you may have been in trouble, he fluffed a few attacks when they were in good positions. Millien was very good though
    ref was dreadful, woefully inconsistant with what he gave cards for and didnt and despite sending off mcguinness i thought sligo were getting more calls their way than the should have
    I'd guess from your biased views it wasn't your first visit to Dalymount.

thebuzz wrote: »
    I'd guess from your biased views it wasn't your first visit to Dalymount.
    biased LOL i support neither of ye... actually id favour sligo seen as dads from there and go to a good few games with him... and Harps dont particularly see you as our rivals
    your right it wasnt my first visit to dalyer! been to tolka, inchicore, and tallaght too when i get a chance, what a man cant enjoy football when he cant see his own club?
    so go on enlighten how im far off, could have mentioned you came out pretty well at the start of the second half but thats about it... bohs did get back into it before the sending off and pressed on after... there were a few attacks where bohs had more men or at least 1 on 1s and scully screwed them up on the edge of the box, or do you just count shots as decent positions? and as i said you did look the more likely to score before mcguinness went
    biased have a look at yourself

heres the extratime opener so obviously im not alone in these views
    Bohs were the better side in the first half, but the league leaders were resurgent in the second half. (seems to agree on fairly 5050) Jason McGuiness’s sending off late in the half put any hopes Sligo had of getting a win to bed though and in the end Bohs were probably unlucky not to win this thrilling match.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Just an update if ye didn't hear about it.
    Sligo Rovers are selling Half season tickets for the rest of the season when it starts
    http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1564-half-season-ticket-offer
    Also the Europa league tickets will be going on sale to
    http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1569-europa-league-ticket-details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

darman28 wrote: »
    Just an update if ye didn't hear about it.
    Sligo Rovers are selling Half season tickets for the rest of the season when it starts
    http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1564-half-season-ticket-offer
    Also the Europa league tickets will be going on sale to
    http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1569-europa-league-ticket-details

Another European adventure begins. Could get a big team as well as we are unseeded for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

No student priced ticket for the Europa League? 25 is a bit steep for people usually paying 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

UrbanSea wrote: »
    No student priced ticket for the Europa League? 25 is a bit steep for people usually paying 10
    there never has being a student ticket for euro games

Ah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

Do Rovers get back into the FAI cup now that Monaghan is no more, or will there be a bye for someone in the next round??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Gomer Pyle wrote: »
    Do Rovers get back into the FAI cup now that Monaghan is no more, or will there be a bye for someone in the next round??
    Appears not. Monaghan did'nt exist in the League but did in the Cups! :confused:
    http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/teams/team/11/

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

What happens to the points?

HOS 1997 wrote: »
    What happens to the points?
    every league game involving monaghan is void via the dublin city precident. means sligo loses a win, shams (and pats?) lose a draw

Aw now. What a disappointment

FC Spartak Trnava a Slovakianteam for Sligo rovers in the europa it seems
    http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1578-fc-spartak-trnava-v-rovers-previews

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Roddy Collins getting the dig in on MNS last night about the Showgrounds not being somewhere you would bring someone for a good atmosphere on a night out compared with the likes of Turners Cross and Tallaght Stadium

Great win in the EA Sports Cup q-f tonight. 4-nil against Derry (the holders).
    Back to winning ways and scoring again!
    Bring on Dundalk in the League!!!

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Roddy Collins getting the dig in on MNS last night about the Showgrounds not being somewhere you would bring someone for a good atmosphere on a night out compared with the likes of Turners Cross and Tallaght Stadium

I wouldn't take to much notice of Roddy Collins tbh.

The showgrounds has been constantly recognised as one of the best grounds in the league.

Suppose he has to try and keep him self in the limelight now, following the unfortunate demise of monaghan.

irish-stew wrote: »
    I wouldn't take to much notice of Roddy Collins tbh.

The showgrounds has been constantly recognised as one of the best grounds in the league.

Suppose he has to try and keep him self in the limelight now, following the unfortunate demise of monaghan.

No vacancy in Sligo but there may be in Cork or Tallaght later on!!
    Nuff said ;)

red sean wrote: »
    No vacancy in Sligo but there may be in Cork or Tallaght later on!!
    Nuff said ;)

Dont think they would take him anyway if there was one.

• Advertisement

Great win in the EA Sports Cup q-f tonight. 4-nil against Derry (the holders).
    Back to winning ways and scoring again!
    Bring on Dundalk in the League!!!
    Great result, the break must have done sligo rovers the world of good.I'm raging I couldn't go to this match.Well done rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

So Seamie is meant to be signing with yee? Breaks my heart to see him sign for yee but best of luck to him.

So Seamie is meant to be signing with yee? Breaks my heart to see him sign for yee but best of luck to him.

Tis rumoured anyway!
    He was at the game against Derry as well. So may be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Just bought me ticket for this year's annual draw. Hopefully in these lean times the people of Sligo will still dig deep for their club.

mon the bit o'red!;)

Vital 3 pts tonight. Well done lads!

Vital 3 pts tonight. Well done lads!

Plus Shams lost.

:)

Plus Shams lost.

Hammered more like! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

Plus Shams lost.

why the fook does that matter???

shams are not even in it this season- its Pats who are the threat and they are still in touch and playing better football too.

dardevle wrote: »
    why the fook does that matter???

shams are not even in it this season- its Pats who are the threat and they are still in touch and playing better football too.

If pats had lost, I would have said 'plus pats lost'. I'm aware of the threat of pats, but I also wouldn't totally write of shams just yet either, we're still only half way through the season.

• Advertisement

Advertisement