Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Noticed the new Railway end stand is coming on well for the Europa League, and UEFA stadium standards, looks like a permanent structure as well. No mention on the clubwebsite though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

irish-stew wrote: »
    Noticed the new Railway end stand is coming on well for the Europa League, and UEFA stadium standards, looks like a permanent structure as well. No mention on the clubwebsite though.
    Ya looking great. Seats are permanent with the provision to go ahead with the roof at a later date without any further need for excavations or additional concrete work
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=321090121318796&set=a.155760767851733.35630.131278013633342&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

red sean wrote: »

Best of luck to Seamie, hopefully we'll see him in the maroon of Galway United down the line sometime again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Looks like Dundalk could be the next LOI club to go to the wall. Sad news for a club with such a history.

From our perspective that is potentially another 6 points gone up in smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

they would love that up around dublin

• Advertisement

By my rough estimation the gap between ourselves and Pats would be reduced to a single point. With Pats losing 3 points themselves but gaining significant ground.

Looks like Dundalk could be the next LOI club to go to the wall. Sad news for a club with such a history.

From our perspective that is potentially another 6 points gone up in smoke.

Putting the 6 points to one side, I think its very sad for any club, and very bad for the league genually. I dont really think the FAI are doing enough for clubs and protecting the league with their constant changes to the format nearly every season. I think also the league has became professional too quickly which surely has had a negative effect on the clubs, and potentially has been the cause of some of the problems they have experienced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good result with Pats getting a late equaliser with Shams

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

532614_392380190823337_1649447894_n.jpg

any one know of any live streams of the game this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

sligono1 wrote: »
    any one know of any live streams of the game this evening
    Snap! I was just coming on here to ask the same thing.

No coverage anywhere lads. Only on the radio. Not going well though.

:(

3-1 final score, not the worst possible result. They can be beaten, if we get 2-0 at home next week.

Saw this photo this morning, thought it was brilliant:
    https://t.co/sue7mLwT

For those of you who can't/don't want on click on the link, it's a picture of a flag printed with the words:

SLIGO ROVERS
    in EUROPE 2012
    It's not Romans, Glaziers or the Sheiks,
    IT'S OUR CLUB, support your LOCAL club
    Not just your country.
    Experience being a REAL "IRISH FAN"

TheQ47 wrote: »
    3-1 final score, not the worst possible result. They can be beaten, if we get 2-0 at home next week.

Saw this photo this morning, thought it was brilliant:
    https://t.co/sue7mLwT

For those of you who can't/don't want on click on the link, it's a picture of a flag printed with the words:

SLIGO ROVERS
    in EUROPE 2012
    It's not Romans, Glaziers or the Sheiks,
    IT'S OUR CLUB, support your LOCAL club
    Not just your country.
    Experience being a REAL "IRISH FAN"

Steaua Bucharest in the next round should we get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

Gavin Peers and Pascal Millien wearing "Love Football-Hate Fracking" t-shirts to help raise awareness about the dangers of Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking).

Have my ticket for tomorrow night.

COM ON THE BIT O'RED!!!

Have my ticket for tomorrow night.

COM ON THE BIT O'RED!!!
    Me too, in the VW Bank Stand. Should be quite an atmosphere, just hope the weather stays up like today.

Me too, in the VW Bank Stand. Should be quite an atmosphere, just hope the weather stays up like today.

You mean the Railway End.

:D;)

You mean the Railway End.

:D;)
    Exactly! Will have 2 of my children with me too. Expensive night, so hope it's going to be worthwhile.

Best of luck on Thursday lads. How are ticket sales going?

Pity it's not on tv. Nice to see a packed LOI ground (hopefully).

• Advertisement

Exactly! Will have 2 of my children with me too. Expensive night, so hope it's going to be worthwhile.

Between match programs, burgers and chips for the kids, something from the team shop, etc etc, it certainly wont be cheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Best of luck to Sligo Rovers tonight, in the new VW Bank stand also myself & looking forward to the match

Disapointed after last night, although thought at times Rovers didn't make enough of their chances, and seemed to be trying to walk the ball into the net at times rather than take the shot. Ref had a terrible match though, and let the visitors away with far to much diving, faking injury, and time wasting at subsitutions, and going off for treatment.

Although voice today is gone with all the singing.

Danny North out for the rest of the season with a ruptured ACL.

What an absolute disaster for player and club.

Danny North out for the rest of the season with a ruptured ACL.

What an absolute disaster for player and club.

Heard he was out, but that sounds really bloody serious.

:eek:

Losing North is a huge blow... The next highest scorer in the league for you is Quigley with 3. Drogheda is a huge game. Pity it's not on tv.

there talk knocking about that mattew blinkhorn could be on his way back to the showgrounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

there talk knocking about that mattew blinkhorn could be on his way back to the showgrounds
    Not in a million years, certainly can't see it with his twitter rant earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

To be fair, Blinkhorn never said on twitter that he didn't want to return. I don't want him back, but there is no point giving him abuse on twitter.

• Advertisement

He's too busy touring the north of England having trials with giants of the game like Barrow AFC.

Advertisement