Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

sligono1 wrote: »
    never doubted you were,i know there are circumstances were people may not be able to make the two games,but isnt it great were here on about such situations,its been a long wait

I think it's fantastic, and I've only been following them since my move here 6-7 years ago. Brillant buzz for the town.
    I doubt those plans will go ahead - the planning has probably lapsed and with the new Railway End seating - it would probably be to large?

It should be jammers for last few games - what has been the biggest attendance in recent years - the semi-final v Waterford??

Not sure, but it was pretty close to capacity last night, barr some empty seats at either side of the Railway End Stand, and some in the away section.

As for the plans for the Shed End, I remember seeing drawings in one of the recent Europa League match day magazines, but could never see anything on line.

It would certainly be nice to see some kind of structure there, turn the place into a fortress, litterally. As long as the crowds continue to come though.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

would be good to see the shed back in some form,spent some of my younger days in there

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Get the tickets anyway & if you find you cant go, I say you would easliy sell it, can see the 2 games being sell outs.Its your own choice what u want to do tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

TheQ47 wrote: »
    I reckon a further 7 points from the remaining 6 games would be enough to clinch it for us. We're on 53 points at present, with Drogs in 2nd place on 47 points and St Pats in 3rd with 45 points, but Drogs have played one more game than both of us.

If we get to 60 points (or more!), it'll be hard to catch us.

By the way, I'm led to believe that if we have the league already won before the final game (which is entirely possible), tradition dictates that the team we play in that last game should applaud us ON to the pitch. Imagine the thoughts of Shams applauding us on to the Showgrounds!! :D

That's a lovely thought and I'm a St.Pats fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭STEEL COMET

4083 ppl!!!!!

• Advertisement

Tonights results

Pats 5 - 0 UCD.

Well after that result, its two more matches before the League might be decided. Away to Cork this Friday, then Pats themselves on the 13th.

Drogs also beat Shels 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

A fairly lacklustre performance in Cork but we still came away with a point. Now three of the biggest games in the club's history are upon us. Starting at home to St.Pats.

C'mon the bit o'red!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'd say the draw against Cork was expected by most of us. But now that we have an under par performance out of the way. Hopefully Pats will bear the brunt of a maximum performance next Saturaday. :D

Forgot to buy my tickets.

:mad:

Hopefully theres a few left come tuedays.

:o

Oh, and one win away.

:D

irish-stew wrote: »
    Forgot to buy my tickets.

:mad:

Hopefully theres a few left come tuedays.

:o

Oh, and one win away.

There was some left

<phew>

• Advertisement

Hi Dudes got 2 spare adult(15 euro) tickets for the game with St Pats tomorrows, got 2 for a mate at the derry game & he just said he got tickets himself.So if anybody knows 2 people looking for tickets pm me, 15 euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

People scrambling for spare tickets for a LOI match?

I need to lie down...

darman28 wrote: »
    Hi Dudes got 2 spare adult(15 euro) tickets for the game with St Pats tomorrows, got 2 for a mate at the derry game & he just said he got tickets himself.So if anybody knows 2 people looking for tickets pm me, 15 euro each.

Tickets are gone.Looks like its going to be a nice sunny afternoon for the match tomorrow.Cant wait to see the Showgrounds packed out with near 6000 people.Come on the SRFC, the one & only

Just took a bit of a spin around Maugheraboy to get the Breakfast Roll, and whilst there is still a little over 5 hours to go to kick off, there is a bit of a buzz around the place.

There's the glimpses of the temporary stand where 'The Shed' use to be, parking restrictions are starting, 'Mooneys' is painted Red and White and has marque outside, Centra has loads of food on, and there's a few starting to appear with their Rovers tops on.

So any excuse to play this...

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

On the train on the way down, red and white in almost every carriage (although no doubts some are Pats!) I'm more nervous today than i was for any cup final, any penalty shootout....if things go our way today, it makes up for all the tough times over the decades, the days and nights spent stood in the lashing rain in crowds of less than 1000, the relegations, the losses, the so-near-yet-so-fars over the years.

I've followed this club for most of my life, in Ireland, from England, via phonecalls, texts, tweets and live streams. They've made me cry so many times over the years, both in sorrow and in joy, and yet today there's tears of pride in my eyes, thinking of 6000 heading to the showgrounds; such an amazing home ground to have. We're so close lads, so close...time for three.....
    c'mon the bit o'red!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giG-hJmtNaQ&sns=em

irish-stew wrote: »
    Just took a bit of a spin around Maugheraboy to get the Breakfast Roll

Fecking no recession there I see.:p

And there'll definitely be none tonight if Rovers do it.:D

c'mon the bit o'red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45 minutes to go and its nearly literally standing room only, Main and Jinxs Avenue Stands full, Railway End very nearly, and standing terrace at the Shed End filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Best of luck today

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!! :D

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!! :D

After a difficult 45 minutes.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I'm quite delicate this morning from last night celebratory festivities, well worth it though. What a match, no fingernails left from biting them for the last 15 minutes. Had to watch it on the telly when I went home to see the penalty and what the argy bargy in the last few minutes was about. Great game.

SRFC Sligo Rovers !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

congrats on the league title, been a long time in the making but shows with the right foundations in place the long road back from the graveyard can end well. deserving winners and i include the margin of victory in that, well ahead of the rest this year. savour every moment of shams applauding you onto the field in 2 weeks time.

overshoot wrote: »
    congrats on the league title, been a long time in the making but shows with the right foundations in place the long road back from the graveyard can end well. deserving winners and i include the margin of victory in that, well ahead of the rest this year. savour every moment of shams applauding you onto the field in 2 weeks time.

Then off to mooneys, fiddlers, and toffs for the party of all parties.

:)

What a match, had it all didn't it? Well done Sligo Rovers & to all those involved from team, board to the volunteers & not only this season but for the past few years with all the hard work done to get us to this point.Was one of the high lights of my life being involved in that day yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Everyone still celebrating?

Disappointed with the crowd outside the Town Hall, players deserved more people than that.

Disapointed with match, not a great performance, but thankfully all the hard work was done. Plus the behaviour of some Shams fans before and during the match.
    thebuzz wrote: »
    Everyone still celebrating?

Disappointed with the crowd outside the Town Hall, players deserved more people than that.

Couldn't make it down, what were the numbers?

Was in London for a couple of days so I missed the last game in the Showgrounds. Sounds like Rovers were just going through the motions though. Not all surprised to hear about some Shams supporters causing trouble. As long as I can remember, they've always had a scum bag element associated with them.

Not all surprised to hear about some Shams supporters causing trouble. As long as I can remember, they've always had a scum bag element associated with them.

Their fans provide an accurate reflection of the conceited and belligerent attitude which is endemic within shamrock rovers itself.

No offence to St.Pats (a very decent Dublin club with good fans), but I hope Derry win the cup and deprive that other shower of knuckle draggers of a european spot. Model club me arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Shams look to be on the verge of taking another player Quigley is ment to be having a medical,but i think this move was to be expected,Mark never setteled in sligo,

Advertisement