Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Only1Rovers

sligono1 wrote: »
    Shams look to be on the verge of taking another player Quigley is ment to be having a medical,but i think this move was to be expected,Mark never setteled in sligo,

IB said in the Champion he was in negotiations with Quigs and things were going well....

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

could be paper talk today so.yes i had herd he was originally talking to shams but wasnt happy with the offer and that talks were coming along nicely in the showgrounds,but i think the whole been away from dublin thing is a bit of a stumbling block for him

sligono1 wrote: »
    could be paper talk today so.yes i had herd he was originally talking to shams but wasnt happy with the offer and that talks were coming along nicely in the showgrounds,but i think the whole been away from dublin thing is a bit of a stumbling block for him

To be honest I don't expect him to be in the Showgrounds next season. He commuted up and down from Dublin a number of times a week during the season. After we won the league against Pats I was standing outside Mooney's and he was on the road to Dublin 40 minutes after the final whistle [to be honest he could have been going anywhere, but I presume it was Dublin]. I'm not being critical of the guy, how could you he won the league for us, but it's unlikely he'll be with Rovers come March. Good luck to the lad.

If he does sign for us it'll feel a little like winning the league again.

yea you cant be critical of the lad,hes done good for us,good luck to him into the future.lets look forward to hopefully some exciting signings in the showgrounds

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I kinda wondering why so many players are suddenly leaving considering why we are League Champions, and playing in the Champions League Qualifying next season.

Are they asking for more money? Also heard that Endo is going for an Assistant Coaching role.

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    I kinda wondering why so many players are suddenly leaving considering why we are League Champions, and playing in the Champions League Qualifying next season.

Are they asking for more money? Also heard that Endo is going for an Assistant Coaching role.

Players aren't really suddenly leaving, it's not much of a shock. We knew McGuinness had a desire to return to Dublin. Quigley has been commuting up and down from Dublin, he wasn't (it appears) all that interested in basing himself in Sligo for any length of time. Should he commit to another season with us it'll be something of a miracle. The rumor was that Rogers was going to tallaght too, but we've held onto him.

Joseph Ndo has designs on being the League's first black manager, he's stated his desire to go into management in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Quigley exit confirmed on RTE. Shams are trying their best to buy the title back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

could that be the reason carr has left or does he have another reason for leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

promethius wrote: »
    could that be the reason carr has left or does he have another reason for leaving?

He wants to get a managers job.

• Advertisement

Just read on the facebook page, Rovers have signed a 3 year deal with Umbro worth €150,000 to be the new kit suppliers. New kit come out in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Rovers have signed a 3 year deal with Umbro worth €150,000 to be the new kit suppliers.

With the potential for that figure to rise to 240k.

Great news for the club and a sign of how far Rovers have come in the last 5 years.

great news this deals like this are needed to keep the club going forward

With the potential for that figure to rise to 240k.

Great news for the club and a sign of how far Rovers have come in the last 5 years.

Kinda curious how they earn the extra 90k, is it through sales, team performace, other naming rights?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Kinda curious how they earn the extra 90k, is it through sales, team performace, other naming rights?

:confused:
    team performance ie winning things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

shanec1928 wrote: »
    team performance ie winning things
    which leads to more sales;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Benny Bulben

Delighted with the Umbro deal, it'll be great to see Rovers jerseys on sale throughout the North West and further afield now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

red sean wrote: »

This is great news, on top of the extra money for winning the league and for qualifying for Europe, this'll really help in developing the grounds.

Have you got your season ticket(s) yet?

Just noticed the club shop that was set up in the Quay Side Centre has closed, then seen an update on the facebook page about news coming soon regarding a new one. Anyone have any ideas on what this might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Just noticed the club shop that was set up in the Quay Side Centre has closed, then seen an update on the facebook page about news coming soon regarding a new one. Anyone have any ideas on what this might be.

I think they are moving some merchandise into the the clothes shop called Seven, just at the entrance to the Quay side.

BASHIR wrote: »
    I think they are moving some merchandise into the the clothes shop called Seven, just at the entrance to the Quay side.

http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1815-new-location-for-club-merchandise

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

First game in the Showgrounds in a while, Sat night! Many going I wonder?

BASHIR wrote: »
    First game in the Showgrounds in a while, Sat night! Many going I wonder?

Hopefully there will be a big crowd to welcome the League Champions. First home game of the pre season friendlies, Finn Harps of Ballyshannon, at 7.45pm.

Hopefully the pre season training in the CIs has paid off.

€10 for adults. €5 for kids.

Not many here

:(

Not many here

:(

Any update???
    Couldn't make it :(

red sean wrote: »
    Any update???
    Couldn't make it :(

Finished 1 all. Sligo had most of the possession, and the chances. Pen scored by Ross Gaynor in the second half. Harps scoring with one of their few chances, just shows you only need one.

Young lad called Liam Martin, from the under 19s I beleive, came on late in the second half, looked pretty handy on the ball.

• Advertisement

Finished 1 all. Sligo had most of the possession, and the chances. Pen scored by Ross Gaynor in the second half. Harps scoring with one of their few chances, just shows you only need one.

Young lad called Liam Martin, from the under 19s I beleive, came on late in the second half, looked pretty handy on the ball.

Thanks irish-stew, got updates via twitter after I posted. Terrible game according to our forum. What'd you think?

Advertisement