Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

R_overs1 wrote: »
    Even if this was the case, he wouldn't be a massive loss.
    It's not the case, so it's a "no story"!
    Read all the posts relating to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

red sean wrote: »
    Read all the posts relating to this.

I have.

I was merely pointing out the fact that if Pascal was to leave, it would not be of great loss to IB or SR. He's very very replaceable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Plazaman wrote: »
    He had a great game on Monday but I find he runs hot and cold, great one match, lazy sod the next. Don't know if this is a bit of a ploy for any reason?
    Never seen anything to suggest he was lazy. Whatever other criticisms you may have of him his attitude is spot on.

I think with Pascal, attitude can be confused with a lack of aggression, which only until recently he has sorely missed. Before the Pat's game he would always pull out of a 50/50 and never chase down balls despite probably being the fittest and one of the strongest players in our squad.

Something has changed in him since that game in Richmond. He's a lot more hungrier and isn't as yellow-bellied going into challenges and long may it continue.

Saying that - he's still not good enough to warrant a starting place in a top League of Ireland side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

It seems Danny North had his first training session yesterday since injuring himself last summer. It would be brilliant if we could have him firing on all cylinders in time for our big CL adventure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

And after crushing Derry, we go back to dropping points again :(. The draw against Bray was a missed opportunity.

And after crushing Derry, we go back to dropping points again :(. The draw against Bray was a missed opportunity.
    It happens. Raf made a difference when he came on. Give him a week to get fit and we can start winning every game again.

At least the footballing gods smiled upon us with that ucd win against Derry.

At least the footballing gods smiled upon us with that ucd win against Derry.
    Thats what happened last year. We lost to UCD and Pats were beaten on the same night. By Dundalk maybe?

Expect Shamrocks to take points off Pats tomorrow night. Leaves us comfortably top.

And the minnows do us a favour. Four points clear. One week closer to retaining the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

AgileMyth wrote: »
    And the minnows do us a favour. Four points clear. One week closer to retaining the league.
    Ahem!! 3 pts clear ;)

red sean wrote: »
    Ahem!! 3 pts clear ;)
    True. I forgot to add pats point from the other night :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Tonights match against Dundalk has been postponed. Pitch unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jeffery lebowski

A real shame the game was called off tonight - but the lads should be chomping at the bit for the next league game V Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Was at last night's game, what a shame. Rovers just couldn't seem to keep it together, they looked jittery on the ball, And you've got to hand it to Dundalk, they were very well organised, and definitely deserved the win, should have been more really.

I didn't see the incident with Elding's sending-off, but I'm led to believe that he kicked the opposition player off-the-ball, following a little disagreement over the throw-in a few moments earlier. Shame on him. As my 14-y-o niece said on the way out, "He has anger issues".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

It's like they don't want to win the league the way they're throwing it away

Now that Elding's goals have dried up we look very beatable. The Derry game has been the only time we've really looked like defending champions this season.

Oh, and Gary Stevens needs to mind his manners. He's not been at the club long enough to be lecturing it's fans from the dugout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Now that Elding's goals have dried up we look very beatable. The Derry game has been the only time we've really looked like defending champions this season.

Oh, and Gary Stevens needs to mind his manners. He's not been at the club long enough to be lecturing it's fans from the dugout.

About time somebody told the clowns in the main stand who do nothing but criticise to shut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Stevens would be better off calming Eldings anger issues than quieting a few mouthy auld fellows in the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Long way to go to be fair but will see - looking forward to heading to the Waterford game on saturday night - should be a handy win for the rovers.....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement

Henlars67 wrote: »
    About time somebody told the clowns in the main stand who do nothing but criticise to shut it.

Those clowns as you call them help pay the bills by paying their way through the turnstiles. The majority will still be there long after Stevens fulfills his ambition of working his way back to an English club.

Oh, and well done to Seamus Coleman on a motm performance vs England. A bright light in what is a very dour Irish team.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

On a lighter/more positive note after last nights disaster. Former Sligo Rovers man Shamie Coleman, got MOTM in the Eng v Ire friendly at Wembley.

:)

TAKEHIMOFF! NOGOOD!

They need to put the brakes on quickly and stop this slide in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jeffery lebowski

The Fans in the main stand can be inpatient at times - but as earlier said, they are the backbone of the club and are entitled to voice their opinion.
    That was the one thing which finished Sean Connor for me, eyeballing the fans behind him. Total lack of professionalism. I have yet to see Ian B at it - but then he has not faced trying times yet..

On the pitch I think the team may function better without Elding. More mobile players like Greene or Martin up top may be a nice change. But in Fairness to Anthony, he is still good for a goal as seen in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Benny Bulben

Looking forward to the game later, great evening for a game so hopefully it brings out a big crowd.

Pats win again, we need to win tonight. Still 0-0 atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

Very poor tonight I thought.

• Advertisement

And the slide continues.:(

Advertisement