Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Now would it be in their interest to put us all off booking until after they have their own sorted? ;)
    What do you mean by that?
    The type of cynicism you don't expect to hear from a Rovers fan is what it sounds like to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Update on the CL games and possible travel arrangements.

Anyone listening to 5 live last night? The piece on Ian Baraclough, and his interview didn't start till about 10.20pm if anyone looking for it on the BBC iPlayer. Was mainly about him being the only English Manager in this seasons CL, how he got the Sligo Job and their recent progress, and his relationship with Ole Gunnar Solskjær, the Molde MK Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Now would it be in their interest to put us all off booking until after they have their own sorted? ;)

Molde have until this day week to decide when the game will take place. In fairness, club can't book anything until they tell UEFA/Rovers whether game will be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Update on the CL games and possible travel arrangements.

Anyone listening to 5 live last night? The piece on Ian Baraclough, and his interview didn't start till about 10.20pm if anyone looking for it on the BBC iPlayer. Was mainly about him being the only English Manager in this seasons CL, how he got the Sligo Job and their recent progress, and his relationship with Ole Gunnar Solskjær, the Molde MK Manager.

Here is the link
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02yk96d

Starts at 1 hour 24 minutes in.

Your answer:
    http://www.sligorovers.com/news/13/jun/charter-flight-molde

• Advertisement

red sean wrote: »

Was just about to post that.

:cool:

Read somewhere else when they were suggesting a possible charter, it would be flying the day before and returning the day after. I thought there was a UEFA rule somewhere that teams had to be in the country 48hrs before the match.

:confused:

I think it may be 24hrs but I'm not sure.

Update on that Charter.
    Following the reservation of a charter flight for team and supporters for the Champions League qualifier in Molde, Sligo Rovers can confirm that a second charter is being considered and are seeking expressions of interest.
    The Bit o' Red's first outing in the premier club competition for over three and a half decades begins in July against Ole Gunnar Solsjaker's Molde. The away leg is on Tuesday 23 July.

The club is hoping for the flights to depart from Knock and are awaiting confirmation on this, and will it will arrive directly in Molde for the game.

Departure will be on Monday 22 July and return after the game on Tuesday 23 July

The price of the return flights are €500.

Expressions of interest for the charter flight can be made by e-mail to info@sligorovers.com or 086-1535500.

Places will then be considered on a first come first serve basis with spaces limited.

Please note that bookings cannot be made in The Showgrounds and are only available through the contact details above.

http://www.sligorovers.com/news/13/jun/charter-details-molde-game

Woah!! I thought just a few hundred euro. Shame its only for a night as well, maybe two.

2 up in Limerick. Henderson and Peersy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jeffery lebowski

red sean wrote: »

I Agree - Great Signing.

Young striker - hungry to do well.

Much more mobile than Elding who I wouldn't worry if he was to move on. Think we have seen the best of him and with Mcmillan, North, Cretaro, Greene & Martin I reckon we could do with his wages going elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Hey there, have a question, I'm gonna be in Westport for a wedding the weekend St Pat's are playing in Sligo, anyone know of a way to get from there to Sligo town on the Sunday for the match? Bus Eireann and the Irish Rail/Feda bus via Claremorris are non runners on the Sunday.

Hopefully someone knows another way!

Hey there, have a question, I'm gonna be in Westport for a wedding the weekend St Pat's are playing in Sligo, anyone know of a way to get from there to Sligo town on the Sunday for the match? Bus Eireann and the Irish Rail/Feda bus via Claremorris are non runners on the Sunday.

Hopefully someone knows another way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

My father works down there. If he had something on that morning he'd be hoping to get back for the game and would bring ya no bother. I'll let ya know if it works out.

That'd be brilliant if it worked out that way, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jeffery lebowski

Poor performance in Cork and a poor result.

This sunday's game against Pats is now pivotal to our season - Lose and we're screwed - Win and it's all to play for.

Is kickoff at 1.30pm or 3pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Molde FC have returned 200 tickets which will be on sale from 4pm today at the Showgrounds. Doubt I'll get in in time as I'd say there'll be great interest. Presume it's been televised?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Plazaman wrote: »
    Presume it's been televised?

Few websites are advertising it but I don't think it is on TV. Not even in Norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Been looking for it all day on the web but as far as I know cannot see it anywhere.....looks like Ocean FM streaming for myself down here!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement

Their No.27 was lethal from the start. Was only a mater of time before he scored lastnight.

If we can avoid conceding for the first 80 minutes or so next week, we might have a chance. We did start finding gaps in their defence at that time, this may have been down to some tiredness from them due to the heat, and possibly the introduction of Alan Keane and Kieran Djilali.

So if we can get past Molde next week, it will be either The New Saints (TNS) or Legia Warsaw in the Third qualifying round. Win, and we go into the CL Playoff, lose and we go into the EL Playoff.

We can get the lowdown on TNS from Bohs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

We've been knocked out by East European teams the last few years. Does this mean we're a cert to beat Molde and lose to Legia?

We've been knocked out by East European teams the last few years. Does this mean we're a cert to beat Molde and lose to Legia?

even if we do, we'll drop into the Europa League Play off.

Anyone have any updates if match being televised tomorrow night, or being shown in any of the pubs around Sligo?

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Anyone have any updates if match being televised tomorrow night, or being shown in any of the pubs around Sligo?
    I'll know later on. Connollys waiting to see if they can get it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Definitely Cahenys on the MCR.

This seems to be the best chance at the moment, albeit a stream:http://www.coolsport.tv/schedule.html
    They're advertising it now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Definitely Cahenys on the MCR.

Cahenys or the Belfry from what I've seen on FB this evening

Advertisement