Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Molde have scored after 5 minutes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Derservedly so, Rovers performance is very poor today.
    The best so far is the quality of the stream.:o

Frisian wrote: »
    Derservedly so, Rovers performance is very poor today.
    The best so far is the quality of the stream.:o

I thought they played quite well in the first hslf despite the goal. Admittedly 2nd half no great so far.

After all the excitement of The Champions League, it back down to the business of the Domestic League tonight. Need to get the defence of our title back on track. Bring on Shams!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just what we didn't need - a draw. 6 points behind Pats now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jeffery lebowski

Missed gilt edged chances tonight. Cannot win a league if we're not putting away penalties and 1 on 1 chances. They did play better, and did deserve to win, but too many draws means we ain't gonna retain this title. Why Richard Brush ... Why!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Settle down lads, 12 games left! Pats luck will thin yet. Dundalk are a big danger though!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Eh, what about us? You writing Derry off?

If we win away to Limerick tomorrow then we are back above you.

No I'm not, but Kenny worries me!

Worries me too. In fact he kinda worried me when he was at Derry as well !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

red sean wrote: »
    Settle down lads, 12 games left! Pats luck will thin yet. Dundalk are a big danger though!

Getting back into europe is by no means a certainty never mind retaining the title. And with Elding falling out of favour you have to wonder where the goals are going to come from.

Danny North showed some good signs when he came on last night. Although dont think he's quite yet up to full match fitness, as was breifly holding his hamstring at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

And with Elding falling out of favour you have to wonder where the goals are going to come from.

Cretaro, North, Green, Djilali, McMillan..

I guess you'll have a decent crowd up to the Brandywell on Friday night?

R_overs1 wrote: »
    Cretaro, North, Green, Djilali, McMillan..

All of whom have been red hot in front of goal?

A fully fit North is the best hope we have of taking up the slack form Elding.

All of whom have been red hot in front of goal?

A fully fit North is the best hope we have of taking up the slack form Elding.

Cretaro, North and Greene are only returning from injury and McMillan is still settling in. Djilali will have a huge say in how things pan out.

This is the weakest League of Ireland in nearly 20 years. It's ifs and buts but wait for Pat's to lose one or two through injuries and they will drop points.

Declan Devine is too naive and inexperienced to do anything with Derry and Dundalk won't last.

Shams look out of it by now too. We are by far the best side in the league and we just need to get a fully fit side together for a run of games.

Cretaro, North and Greene are only returning from injury and McMillan is still settling in. Djilali will have a huge say in how things pan out.

This is the weakest League of Ireland in nearly 20 years. It's ifs and buts but wait for Pat's to lose one or two through injuries and they will drop points.

Declan Devine is too naive and inexperienced to do anything with Derry and Dundalk won't last.

Shams look out of it by now too. We are by far the best side in the league and we just need to get a fully fit side together for a run of games.

- Hopefully he will prove you wrong come the end of the season

- That's not what your league position says. You took 6pts off us this season and yet we are still 2pts above you.;)

Personally I think Pats are the best team I've seen play this season.

NIMAN wrote: »

- That's not what your league position says. You took 6pts off us this season and yet we are still 2pts above you.;)

Derry haven't had to deal with the amount of injuries to key players that we have.

Edit: Nor have Pat's, Dundalk or Shams (bar Quigley).

Great win in Derry tonight. Right back in it!
    C'mon Shams next week against Pat's!

Thought I'd never hear meself saying that :P

We certainly seem to have a hex over Derry this season. :D

But we need to make this result count by putting together a string of wins, too many drawn games this season as it is.

Hopefully this is the start of a title winning run.

• Advertisement

You are simply a better team than us, end of. You will be challenging for the title come the end, we will be fighting for a place in Europe.

Richie Ryan expected to sign tomorrow.

Richie Ryan expected to sign tomorrow.

Just seen that as well. Is it just till the end of the season thing.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Just seen that as well. Is it just till the end of the season thing.

Not sure. I would imagine so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

End of season yeah.

A very good signing imo. He has bags of experience to go with his ability.

Shams have beaten us to Ritchie's signature.

Two year deal apparently. With any luck they'll spend their way back into the red with all the bumper contracts they've been handing out.

Not worried to be honest. It'll take more than him to lift them out of mid-table mediocrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Dissappointed to miss out as hes one of my favourite Rovers players ever. But hes not going to be fit for a while so hes not a huge loss. Would have been brilliant to get him til the end of next season though as Shams have done.

If they miss out on Europe it'll cost them big time. They'll have to sack a second manager in two seasons and still have loads of players on huge contracts for next season.

• Advertisement

Handy win over Bray last night - let's keep the winning run going!

And even though we would have benifitted from shams getting something from their game against pats, I must admit that I'm quite pleased they got stuffed!:p

Advertisement