Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Rovers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Henlars67 wrote: »
    I din't realise there was a joke. I must have missed the funny bit.

I'd hate to see to what you're like when we lose.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

any updates on ticket sales for cup final

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

hugo29 wrote: »
    any updates on ticket sales for cup final

This weekend I thought. Initally heard the 19th.

Surprised no one mentioned it, but final tickets for Lansdowne Rd being sold in Tesco's Arcade.

Tickets for the Singing/Forza Section (middle of the South Stand behind goal) sold out, but ones available for either side of it (still in the South Stand), so you'll still pretty much be in the singing section and able to be part of it, if choose to be.

Family section tickets also on sale, not sure where in the ground they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Ticket sales well down compared to previous finals still should bring about seven or eight thousand.

• Advertisement

There will be a huge surge next week, know awful lot of people still to get tickets

Dont forget all the neutrals who would attend as well.

Wouldn't expect near the numbers of the 2010 final but hopefully around the 20-25k mark.

2010 Sligo Rovers v Shamrock Rovers 36,101
    2011 Sligo Rovers v Shelbourne 21,662
    2012 Derry City v St. Patrick's Athletic 16,117

Just going on the previous Shels final, 3,500 were sold the first day, after three days of tickets sales its just equaling that total at the moment. There will be a big crowd up from Sligo but I cant see the 10,000 plus that traveled to the two last finals in Lansdowne.

Just going on the previous Shels final, 3,500 were sold the first day, after three days of tickets sales its just equaling that total at the moment. There will be a big crowd up from Sligo but I cant see the 10,000 plus that traveled to the two last finals in Lansdowne.

I think people realise there is no panic to get tickets, everyone will go next week, there will be 15 plus from Sligo,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

Think there is a certain amount of 'cup final fatigue' around Sligo. Doesn't seem to be the same excitement as with previous finals. Just my view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I wish they had it on this Sunday, the Sunday of a bank holiday Monday would surely get a huge crowd. I would have gone but with work in Galway on a Monday early I can't make it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Think there is a certain amount of 'cup final fatigue' around Sligo. Doesn't seem to be the same excitement as with previous finals. Just my view.
    Sadly I have to agree with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Wouldn't be too worried about our crowd being down on previous years. Its only the day trippers that will be missing. That and the emigrants!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Exact same excitement, if not more for me.

These are still great times for the football club. We could be pining for these days in a few years time.

Make the very most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Garcia11

10 Euro is a great price to see a Cup Final. You'd get ripped off over the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Peers and Rogers re-signed. VW signed up for 3 more years as sponsor.
    Great news!

Garcia11 wrote: »
    10 Euro is a great price to see a Cup Final. You'd get ripped off over the water.

To gets bums on seats.

Huge support in England for the EPL, and Championship, so Wembley will always fill for a final if a club from them leagues makes it.

Unfortunatly support for our League is not as big, clubs have a smaller fanbase, so a cheaper price is needed to get the clubs fans in, the families, bar stoolers and fair weather fans, and the general followers of the league its self.

Higher the price, more than likely you will exclude some of the above list, untill you only have them who watch their club every week, and who are willing to travel, meaning for some finals, you might only get a few thousand.

4,000 tickets sold of yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Porridge77

Great to see a player like Alan Keane getting involved with the charity Spina Bifida Ireland...All online donations are entered into a draw to win a football signed by the squad.

Hope it goes well, and here is hoping much needed funds are raised for such a great cause.

https://www.facebook.com/keanoalan/posts/10201719059794510

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

The Forza Rovers boys are planning a display for the final and asking everyone to get involved and spread the word on your social networks
    BX2VRTpCMAEJuib.png

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Long shot I know but are any of you nice people coming up tomorrow night and if so, would you be likely to find yourself in the vicinity of Harold's Cross and in possession of a spare Rovers flag?

If so, PM me please, it's for a good cause ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

IT'S CUP FINAL DAY!!
    on the train with my niece, nerves are slowly building. It'd be great to have some silverware at the end of the season, but have had my hopes raised too many times over the years to expect a win when we should (the memory of 09 final will never leave...!) so all i'll say is roll on 6pm and hopefully the folks in red will be cheering.
    It seems like half of sligo is arising to the aviva today, hope the other half will be tuning in and cheering us on from home...c'mon the bit o'red!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

:D YESSSSS!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

WHAT A GAME!!!!

Up The Rovers

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

What a match!
    logo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A fantastic day and what a final. You'll be hard pressed to find a better match than that anywhere, it just had everything. A sad state of affairs that such a match is played in a half empty stadium.

Well that was intense.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Lot of talk from the Drogs side this morning regarding the whole whistle incident yesterday. Out of curiostity I was looking at FIFA's Law Of The Game, Page 82 :-
    The whistle is NOT needed to:
    • stop play for:
    – a goal kick, corner kick or throw-in
    – a goal
    restart play from:
    – a free kick
    , goal kick, corner kick, throw-in

Am I reading this wrong? Do FIFA rules govern FAI? Seems to me it was a correct decision by ref so I don't know why he was apologising to Drogheda.

Any homecoming details yet?

EDIT : Per Sligo Today, reception outside Town Hall at 8pm... which will probably be closer to 9pm...ish... or later.....

homecoming due in carrick at 3pm and onwards from there, boyle, riverstown, collooney
    heard bara new contract been on the table for 6 weeks, not looking good re signing eh

• Advertisement

hugo29 wrote: »
    homecoming due in carrick at 3pm and onwards from there, boyle, riverstown, collooney
    heard bara new contract been on the table for 6 weeks, not looking good re signing eh

Also linked to Notts County, currently in League 2 (once known as the Fourth Division for those of a certain age :o) over in England.

Maybe waiting to see what happens after yesterday.

Advertisement