Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

anyone know how to enter radio code in a 99 Clio

Options
  • 23-02-2008 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

someone gave us this old 1999 clio to use a second car / bangermobil. He put a new battery in it and the radio now needs a code. I have the code, but can't figure out how to actually key it in. Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I've no experience of Renaults however in Fords you use the following method.
    For example say the code is 3125
    Press the preset number 1 3 times
    Press the preset number 2 1 time
    Press the preset number 3 2 times
    Press the preset number 4 5 times
    And to submit, you press preset 5.
    Try something like that on the Renault maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You can use the number buttons on the front (ie press the 1 key 8 times to get 8 , 2 key 7 times to get 7 as the 2nd number). Theres a button at the end of the row of numbers that you hold to activate the code once you have the 4 numbers entered. It can all be done with the steering wheel controls too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

thanks for replies guys.
    it turns out to be the "thumbwheel", i.e. the wheel on the steering wheel audio controls , that changes the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    thanks for replies guys.
    it turns out to be the "thumbwheel", i.e. the wheel on the steering wheel audio controls , that changes the numbers.

Yeah, you can do it with both. I can never remember which button on he steering wheel controls you have to hold to activate it though.

Advertisement