Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia router keeps cutting out

Options
  • 23-02-2008 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Im on 1mb broadband with eircom,, there was a power cut yesterday, and now the router keeps disconnecting randomly,, Could the power cut have broken the router,, and it was on,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

anyone,, I really dont want to send it back to eircom,, Id nearly rather buy one,,, ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

Try a different router then you will know if the problem is with your router or a fault with eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

The problem seems to have dissapered , must have been a problem on eircoms side..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Well, there's a Netopia modem in my parents' house and if there's a drain on the electricity supply, the connection drops out. When it first happened, I thought it was a fault with Eircom. As sure as night follows day, if my dad starts welding, the connection goes. Same thing around dinnertime if the hob, the oven and the microwave are going at the same time.

Advertisement