Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3broadband no receive bills

Options
  • 23-02-2008 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

In january, I take a 3 broadbrand contract with usb dongle. I define to pay cash each month.

Today, I receive a call from 3 that I must pay by phone with my credit card the connexion because I have not paid my bill yet. But I don t receive a bill from them and I pay only if I have a paper bill.

They say me that they go stop my connexion tonigth.

I m ok to buy but pay if I have a paper bill

What do you think about ? Have you already problems with three before ?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Fabien

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

lots of people have had problems with 3. you do owe them the money so i'd advise you pay with the credit card up to this point but refuse to pay any more unless you receive a bill.

just make sure that they don't over charge you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Frenchtouch

ok thanks

I know why I don t receive the bill thanks to their website where there is a personal acces but it s impossible to pay by credit card.
    I have send to an imcomplete address ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

is it true that if you give your credit card details to a company over the phone to pay one particular bill they can use this to cover any monies they deem owed to them by you?

i find this constant asking for "credit card" payment by companies very unusual when they already have paper billing in place!

Yes, they can ... I don t want to take risk
    They are in fault.
    In more, I have pay for 20€ and not 25€ ... because they add administrative charges.

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    is it true that if you give your credit card details to a company over the phone to pay one particular bill they can use this to cover any monies they deem owed to them by you?

i find this constant asking for "credit card" payment by companies very unusual when they already have paper billing in place!

no that's absolutely not true. where did you hear that or did you just make it up? if they take money from your credit card without your prior authorisation they've committed theft. giving the details to pay one bill does not authorise them to set up a direct debit for all future payments

but the way they ask for credit card details all the time is very odd

Sorry, you keep the same number until validate date.
    They can do it without your agreement but there will be in fault.
    I don t want to take risk.
    I have defined as method payement as cash.

They don t precise the number of my appartment and today they put me the preassure, I m sorry : it s not normal.

Good Afternoon,

Yersterday , I was suprised to receive a call from you (3) as I don t pay my bill.
    You put me pressure so that I pay by credit card.

I m sorry, but I have not received by the original invoice by post office. Indeed, Yesterday I follow the advice of your customer care : I have access to a copy of the invoice to your site thanks to my personal account. Hovewer, I need of original invoice because I don t have printer and I want to use it as proof of adress.

It appears that I haven't received the bill because you haven t precised the number on the street!
    Secondly, my method of payment is not the credit card : it is cash payment. The information on my credit card is sensitive and I don't wish to communicated it.

Then, I sign a contract for € 19.99 per month and not € 24.49 because you add payment method bill charge.

I don't agree to pay these hidden charges that you haven't bringt to my knowledge. Because I would have chosen another product to access the internet.
    Horeover, I can not print the cash paper because I don't have printer.

Finally, I used my right to return product within 14 days if I received my bill normally.

Today, I wish to continue my normally contract for € 19.99 per month without payment charge.

If you are not agree, I ask you to cancel my contract to your fault and refunds me the price of the modem.

Regards,

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    no that's absolutely not true. where did you hear that or did you just make it up? if they take money from your credit card without your prior authorisation they've committed theft. giving the details to pay one bill does not authorise them to set up a direct debit for all future payments

but the way they ask for credit card details all the time is very odd
    but if you authorize payment for say one late payment on your card can they not keep your card details on file and use it in the future if you run up a bill or are late paying some other charge in the future?

afaik they can do this as can other companies and that is the reason they all look for credit card details

but if you authorize payment for say one late payment on your card can they not keep your card details on file and use it in the future if you run up a bill or are late paying some other charge in the future?

afaik they can do this as can other companies and that is the reason they all look for credit card details

yes they absolutely can do that. it is entirely within the realms of possibility because any place in which you use your credit card then has your credit card details and can effectively do what they want with them. in general, companies don't just take it upon themselves to debit money from customers' accounts without authorisation because they don't want a visit from the gardai

they ask for credit card details because its the handiest way to pay over the phone, not so they can steal money from you at a later date. i'm sorry foggy_lad, this is yet another case where you think someone is trying to scam you when they are in fact not

• Advertisement

so this makes it virtually impossible to withold payment from any company thet has your credit card details as they will just charge your card even for payments that are disputed as once they have your money it is very hard to get it back...!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

so this makes it virtually impossible to withold payment from any company thet has your credit card details as they will just charge your card even for payments that are disputed as once they have your money it is very hard to get it back...!

Again with the conspiracies...

As Sam Vimes pointed out, a company wold be loathe to do this as it would result in a visit from the Gardai, as I notice you chose to ignore.

OT, I would ask to speak to a team lead, how are you supposed to pay your bills if they are not sending them on?

you asked me if companies can take money from your credit card without authorisation and i said no. you then asked me to confirm it and i confirmed they can't. then you said its virtually impossible to withold payment from them. did you actually read my replies???????

maybe i should put it in caps so you don't miss it a third time:
    ANY COMPANY THAT DEBITED MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORISATION WOULD BE GUILTY OF THEFT AND WOULD BE PROSECUTED. THE ONLY COMPANIES THAT ITS "IMPOSSIBLE TO WITHOLD PAYMENT FROM" ARE ONES THAT HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH MASSIVE FINES AND MOST LIKELY JAIL TIME

Advertisement