Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unaired pilot [SPOILERS]

• 23-02-2008 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

I did a search and there where no topics so i was wondering if anyone had seen this?

It was on hearoes season 1 HDDVD boxset and it was an extended opening episode with a few things here and there i really liked like the cockroach at the credits and having 3 chapters in one episode...

Also was very suprised they they didnt have molly in it. For those who have not seen it and dont mind spoilers it was actually a terrorist cell and they had codes to switch trains carrying nukes to different tracks (what causes the train crash claire walks into) Also one of them was the orginal radation guy (cant remember his name.) The Guy who
    syler killed
    at the end of season 1.

Anyway just wanted to post this up as there is a product recall comming up and anyone who wants to pick up HDDVD season 1 would need to move quickly.

Very good epiaode, Better than the orginal pilot i thought.

9/10 (Season 1 - "4 years gone" gets 10/10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm interested in seeing this after reading that :) That guy's name was Ted Sprague?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye thats the one cheers its been wrecking my head i was just about to go read the credits to see when i refreshed this page. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The episode has plot elements that were dropped from the series completely ?

No just things that where changed/replaced. Syler had a tophat or a cowboy hat.. it hard hard to tell which. Molly relaced a muslim terrorist cell (but matt was involed in finding them the way he found molly) The cast where the same. Oh and one thing i loved Isac to get clean handcufed himself to a radiator but when Simone arrived with peter to help him
    he had sawed his hand off
    so he could get to his fix.

So there whre some good changes and its worth a watch.

Im going to have another run at it with the commentry on to see why some things where cut/changed. It seems the DVD also comes with over 50 deleted scenss from season 1 as well which i have yet to get around to watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've been meaning to get a copy of the HD-DVD boxset... Where did you order yours from?

• Advertisement

amazon have it for 64 sterling, theres a us website with it for 80 dollers but with shipping...

i just got it in HMV for 99 euro and its worth it, ive recently decided to go back to supportingirish retails instead of online sites unless there is a large price difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is the un-aired pilot not the one that was leaked the Summer before it began? I think it is.

i dont think so i think i remember seing that and its not the same, this is slightly longer and i dont remember any muslim terrorist faction being in the leaked pilot i saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

The un-aired pilot is about 72m long AFAIK, but only got to listen to half the commentary on it
    Commmentary from Director mentions why the terrorcell was scrapped, it was cos of the Network bosses who thought it was too much for an 8pm screening of a pilot, but havent gotten around to listening to the rest yet!

It was on my version of Heroes R1, as i availed of the half-price link from Amazon.com during Christmas on Bargain Alerts, E22 inc. P+P i think :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

User45701 wrote: »
    No just things that where changed/replaced. Syler had a tophat or a cowboy hat.. it hard hard to tell which. Molly relaced a muslim terrorist cell (but matt was involed in finding them the way he found molly) The cast where the same. Oh and one thing i loved Isac to get clean handcufed himself to a radiator but when Simone arrived with peter to help him
    he had sawed his hand off
    so he could get to his fix.
    watching

The issac bit is in the pilot i have, but i dont remember seeing the other bits, maybe i should watch it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

...!!! A directors cut of episode five!?

..."Chewbacca is Luke's Father" OOOOOHHH!!!!!!!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ha...

Got the HD Boxset last week.

I really did like the character of the Islamic guy... the plot was a bit iffy.. but he would have been an interesting character.

Advertisement