Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming MP3 player?

Options
  • 23-02-2008 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    Was wondering if anyone knew a good streaming mp3 player to allow users to quickly listen to MP3s on-site. No downloading features are necessary, just pause/play, rewind to start of track, and volume, and it should be able to display the artist/track name.

It doesn't have to be free either.

Any help appreciated
    Cian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

xspf player by zuardi availavle on sourceforge if you google works well ad is widely used.
    xspf refers to the format of the playlists (xml based)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Cheers for the link. Do you know if it can work in such a way that people can activate what song to play via links, rather than the player just having a pre-set playlist which the user can toggle through? For example, if I had a picture of 10 artists on a page, then for each one they had a 'play track' link beside them, could the user just listen to one of the songs on the player by clicking the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Cianos wrote: »
    Cheers for the link. Do you know if it can work in such a way that people can activate what song to play via links, rather than the player just having a pre-set playlist which the user can toggle through? For example, if I had a picture of 10 artists on a page, then for each one they had a 'play track' link beside them, could the user just listen to one of the songs on the player by clicking the link?

Assuming you have the mp3s then yes I believe it can you'd just be passing in parameters of what to load to it.

Advertisement