Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania 24 in Dublin

• 23-02-2008 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Does anybody know if we could perhaps get somewhere to watch WM24 in Dublin, i know a few places got a late licence to show the Superbowl this year. Does anybody think we could get somewhere in town to show Mania?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Are you not one of the guys from the forum thats heading to WM this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Yeah i had flights and all that booked but im starting work placement from college in about 2 weeks time so i couldnt really take the time off so soon into it. Lucily enough i managed to change the name on the flight to my brother but it cost an extra €150 to do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

You gave up the chance to go to Wrestlemania and See Flair retire all for work, :confused: I hope there paying you very well.

I couldnt turn down the job for the sake of a week in Florida.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

You are a complete wang. It's a college work experience job for the love of god! You should have went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hmmmm. biggest wrestling show of all time in florida,home of disney world,universal studios and come mania time spring break in miami, or a JOB?! man get some priorities lol

Il be earning nearly €27,000 a year, no way in hell being a 21 year old am i turning down that money just to see a WrestleMania, a poor one at that from looking the rumoured card. Il get the chance to go to the next 20 Wrestlemanias if i want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Poor one? i think it sounds pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Jebus leave the guy alone he's got his priorities straight! Do you do nothing but think about wrestling in that case? Do you prioritise it over everything in your life not least your occupation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

exactly , the guy is dead right. But back to his question?? Any places showing it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

My mate's house. None of yous are invited

I don't think I've ever heard of anywhere in Dublin showing WWE PPVs. I think there'd be a bit more demand (and a more desirable audience in the pub's mind) for the Superbowl than a wrestling show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I have to laugh at the idiots jeering a guy for living in the real world and making something of himself at the expense of Wrestlemania. As he says himself, there's a Wrestlemania every year, genuine job opportunities come up once in a blue moon, give the guy a break.

I guess as long as some people have a spot in Mummy's basement, clicking refresh with their chubby little fingers every ten minutes to see how their pathetic jibes at someone who'e doing his best to get on in life are going down they'll be happy. Don't forget to get that John Cena T shirt signed on your big holiday boys, after all it IS the be all and end all, life begins and starts at Wrestlemaina.....:rolleyes:

krudler wrote: »
    hmmmm. biggest wrestling show of all time in florida,home of disney world,universal studios and come mania time spring break in miami, or a JOB?! man get some priorities lol

Christ you're right. He should ring his new job and tell them to stick it up their arses because he's off to Florida with you and the cool gang to get their photos taken sitting on Mickey Mouse's lap.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

flahavaj wrote: »
    Christ you're right. He should ring his new job and tell them to stick it up their arses because he's off to Florida with you and the cool gang to get their photos taken sitting on Mickey Mouse's lap.:eek:

Take it your not going then?

Take it your not going then?

Correct. Not that i've any problem with those who are. Just anyone who thinks a trip to Disney World is more important than a job is a retard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

We're well off topic here but I dont think that anyone who suggested that he should go to WM instead of taking the job was actually serious.Lets try and get back on topic and find out where,if anywhere,WM is being shown in Dublin.
    If theres one WM that I wish I was going to,its the one this year:(

I think they were serious except for maybe one of them. Thats absolutely pathetic. I'm going but if I was starting a new job I know what I'd be doing and it wouldn't involve a plane trip to Orlando.

i had a job interview the day the tickets for 23 went on sale, was nearly late for the interview too lol but i got the job, then i realised i may not be able to take the time off so i brought it up, if theyd have said i couldnt i wouldnt have taken it,plain and simple, you can say its retarded to pick a wrestlemania ovr a job but if its a choice between something to pay the bills or taking a trip to something ive wanted to do for 20 years i know what i'd rather,plenty more jobs out there

Fine. You shouldn't be taking the p1ss out of someone who did the opposite.

i wasnt taking the piss i wasnt even being serious, hence the LOL at the end of sentence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

The guy asked a simple question & loads of people turn on him!
    Give the chap a break, u can come over to my house we can have a sleep over, u dress up as hulk hogan, im dressing up as bret heart.:) :)

Cheers, cant wait

krudler wrote: »
    i wasnt taking the piss i wasnt even being serious, hence the LOL at the end of sentence

Thats why I said this
    forbesii wrote:
    I think they were serious except for maybe one of them

Well I know I'd be going to WrestleMania at the risk of losing a job.

But anyway,

I don't think you'll get many places shwoing it.

Theres a few pubs around here (Drogheda, Louth) that show RAW/SD! each week. A few people sit in the corner over where the TV is and watch away. But to the best of my knowledge, none have ever had a dedicated WrestleMania night.

If a venue would fill up on Coke, Sweets, etc. and had a couple of rented ginormous TV's, am sure that it'd be a money maker. Everyone into wrestling would go i'd say.

But yeah. Unless someone organised it (earlier than now in the year) then I don't think there'd be a "blast area" (as WWE refer to them).

If a venue would fill up on Coke, Sweets, etc. and had a couple of rented ginormous TV's, am sure that it'd be a money maker. Everyone into wrestling would go i'd say.

Exactly how old are you?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

The woolshed on Parnell street usually shows sporting events, it is probably too late now but you could always approach them to see if they would have a wrestlemania night. I'd go anyway and I'd be dragging some people with me :D

flahavaj wrote: »
    Exactly how old are you?:eek:

Funny someone just asked him this in the other thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Would be great if a few places around the country did show it. I remember an Irish pub in Spain was showing Raw one Monday night....you just couldn't hear it with their terrible music....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brian C.

well all, im new here, just registered. yeah, it would be great if places in Ireland did that, Id definatly go. In in south east and theres no where that does that

• Advertisement

Can pubs in Ireland stay open till that hour?

Can pubs in Ireland stay open till that hour?

They need to apply for a special licence I believe. Some did it for the Super Bowl

Fozzy wrote: »
    They need to apply for a special licence I believe. Some did it for the Super Bowl

I bet they think they would not get the crowd plus they would have to pay big money to order the PPV. If someone asked around and got a list of names of who would go mybe that might help a bit. I know they do this in England and they always get a full house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Therein lieth the problem - licences. I beleive he woolshed is the best bet and it might not be too late of a finish with Florida being on the east coast. What time's it kicking off at?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Therein lieth the problem - licences. I beleive he woolshed is the best bet and it might not be too late of a finish with Florida being on the east coast. What time's it kicking off at?

Same as every other PPV I guess 1am (UK time) over at 5am (UK time) Wrestlemania is a 4 hour event.

Same as every other PPV I guess 1am (UK time) over at 5am (UK time) Wrestlemania is a 4 hour event.

Do they not add on the extra hour at the start? 12-4? Or am I confusing that with 3 hour Raws that start an hour earlier than usual?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fozzy wrote: »
    Do they not add on the extra hour at the start? 12-4? Or am I confusing that with 3 hour Raws that start an hour earlier than usual?
    Ya thats the way it'll be

Advertisement