Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Visa photos

Options
  • 23-02-2008 2:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any advice on where to get US passport photos taken in galway.. And at a good price? I'd presume it's a question of having them taken and then cut to size?

"Two identical color photographs required 2" x 2" inches square (50 mm square; headsize chin to top of head minimum 25mm (1"), maximum 35mm (1 3/8"). "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Fahy Foto on Shop Street, near the Kings Head is your best bet i reckon...and for the hell of it, try saying Fahy Foto ten times really fast:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Can I just tell you from experience, having been practicall raised in NY.

You have to show your ears in the photo if you have long hair, no earrings and dont smile.... they're sooo strict on stupid details like that, guess its if you end up on the most wanted list the computer scanners can identify you better haha!

Seriously though.

ENJOY IT THERE!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The pharmacy across the road from brown thomas(other side of shop street i mean) is where i got mine. the pharmacy beside GPO got it wrong twice before i went there

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I got mine in Matt O Flahertys at the top of shop street, they messed it up. Fahys i hear are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

usit

• Advertisement

usit
    There not visa photos. There only wallet sized photos from a photo booth. Unless the USIT you know has the facilities to take Visa pictures, I think your wrong!
    And if the USIT your talking about is the one in Galway, then I know your wrong!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Thanks for the suggestions folks
    I got them taken today in Whelans on Williamsgate St. as witnessmenow mentioned earlier.
    Went in with the long list of requirements, collected them an hour later and am €7.50 lighter.

Mine were €6 last year, but then again they weren't of the standard of USIT. Had to get new pics in Dublin. Actually got new pics in dublin for free. Found a shop that took photos for the J1 visas, told em I got these pics take a few days ago but there wrong and I needed new ones. The shop assistant assumed I got the previous bad ones in their shop, so she gave me them for free. I was in a hurry so I thought it best not to complain.

Advertisement