Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycling routes in maynooth area

Options
  • 23-02-2008 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

anyone know any good routes in the maynooth area i'm only starting training so a ten or 20 mile circuit that i can do a few times would probably better than a long route...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Map of Maynooth/Kilcock/Dunboyne area.
    I live in Carpenterstown and will cycle through Leixlip and Dunboyne while training for the Wicklow 200.
    You could go to Dunboyne via the Dunboyne Road and then out Summerhill Road. You could do a long loop via Mullagh and Kilcock or take shorter loops via the light grey roads on the map. The roads are all quite quiet and surface is reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Sean02

A favourite of mine is the Donadea Prosperous/Clane. For you take first right on Barbarstown rd, at the ESB Sub station.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

back road from Maynooth straight out to Donadea and around the circuit there.

Back road from Maynooth to Kilcock - somerhill - dunboyne.

A few roads out around straffan are quiet as well.

If they're only short spins you don't want to spend them being harassed by cars

Advertisement