Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past Leaving Cert French Aurals

Options
  • 23-02-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I know the papers for the aurals are available as far back as 1996 on examinations.ie but there's very few of the sound files available. The CD that came with my papers (Edco) only goes back as far as 2002.

Does anyone know where I can get the aural sound files in whatever format as far back as 96 ?

If anyone can get further than 96 with the papers available too that'd be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

Anyone know the answer to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Yeah just found that out myself last week Ian. My french teacher last year had all the tapes from the 90's papers but he's gone now.

Anyone know where you can get them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Perhaps try getting a Powerpack French thingy in a school book shop, i had them when i did my LC. It had tapes back until the early nighties. TBH though the older ones are far harder than the more recent ones and i don't see how beneficial they would be. Try just listen to french Euronews if you have digital, i always found the aural to be the easiest part of French even though apparently thats where people fall down in the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

themont85 wrote: »
    Perhaps try getting a Powerpack French thingy in a school book shop, i had them when i did my LC. It had tapes back until the early nighties. TBH though the older ones are far harder than the more recent ones and i don't see how beneficial they would be. Try just listen to french Euronews if you have digital, i always found the aural to be the easiest part of French even though apparently thats where people fall down in the exam.
    That's the point :rolleyes:

The best thing to do is hard tapes during the year and in preparation for the exam. We did loads of 'mock 90's' papaers in the run up to the JC. Had a savage teacher back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

K4t wrote: »
    That's the point :rolleyes:

The best thing to do is hard tapes during the year and in preparation for the exam. We did loads of 'mock 90's' papaers in the run up to the JC. Had a savage teacher back then.

No need for the :rolleyes:

I got an A2 in my LC french a few years back and 100pc in the aural. The older tapes are completely different to what you get these days and the q's usually were crap. You'd be far better to listen to TV5 or french Euronews. Make your own q's for maybe pieces from your text book or the news. I never found the older tapes to be much benefit tbh, but if you do then all power to you-it can't hurt i guess.

Powerpacks though, they have the older years on them if your that desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Have you asked your teacher / other french teachers in your school? My teacher last year had a fair few dating waaay back.

There's a few good aural books floating around though, which are just as good. Someone gave me one called "Ecoutez et Ameliorez-vous 2" recently. Same thing really, hella good practice...

Advertisement