Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The upgrade- now to transfer music

• 23-02-2008 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Moved from 60g to 80g iPod, now just a question of transferring everything only my lappy is only 40g. Can I go to an Apple store and go "Here, f*ckers, you're the ones that make it hard to transfer from iPod to hard drive anyway, you do it"? Or will I just have to find someone with enough memory to help me out? Don't really look forward to the painful process of working with the maybe 500mb of free space on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I'm assuming you have more than 60GB of music if you are moving to an 80GB iPod, so how are you currently managing your music if you only have a 40GB HD on your laptop?

You could buy a decent sized external HD and use that. Thinking long term you will probably need it anyway as your music collection grows?

Head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

his music is on his ipod and not on his laptop it's not on both either.

you need to have a read of this Kold.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50948556&postcount=14

i've used ephpod about 4 years ago on windows and it did the job, if you have access to a mac, then using ipod disk on the old ipod will allow you to cut and paste your music off your ipod (all filenames intact unlike the free method in that post i linked to) but as far as i know ipod disk does not support the newer generations of ipods ala new nano and the classic and touch and iphone etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Sharepod will let you transfer as much or as little at a time as you want, and it's free. It has crashed on me a few times though so I recommend hitting the "save changes" button at regular intervals to make sure you have a recent backup to roll back to.

Advertisement