Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Annoying Galway Politican

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Padraig Connelly, I didn't mind till he tried to take away our dickhouse arthouse cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭kellyreilly

AAAHHHHHHHH......sweet mother of Jesus it seems that Connelly is on course to become the next Mayor. Anyone else believe he is a joke ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

well tbh i think the whole town is falling apart, nothing constructive has been done in years. the officials of the council seem inept and unwilling to take any risk to see that galway reaches its full potential. so as much as i would have a jaundiced view of our soon to be mayor and his penchant for photo-ops, he may stir up the eejits that oversaw the eyre sq debacle, the water debacle, the general planning debacle etc etc anything that calls out the shower of civil servants in city hall has to be good thing IMHO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone notice how quiet Cllr. Conneely was in relation to the allegation of getting off without paying a clamping charge that was put to him by another Cllr.?

On topic, Collette Connolly has risen in my opinion for breaking the party line in campaigning for a NO vote in the referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

he may stir up the eejits that oversaw the eyre sq debacle, the water debacle, the general planning debacle etc etc
    That's a very good point. I'm not 100% sure but I don't recall anyone being held accountable for the water problem and the Eyre Square problems were pinned on the developer weren't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

well tbh i think the whole town is falling apart, nothing constructive has been done in years. the officials of the council seem inept and unwilling to take any risk to see that galway reaches its full potential. so as much as i would have a jaundiced view of our soon to be mayor and his penchant for photo-ops, he may stir up the eejits that oversaw the eyre sq debacle, the water debacle, the general planning debacle etc etc anything that calls out the shower of civil servants in city hall has to be good thing IMHO

He's stirred them up before, in fact he gave them so much personal abuse that the city manager and his officials refused to deal with him, and rightly so. He's a publicity-seeking bully, thats all. I can see quite a few council meetings going south over the next year - he was bad enough as a regular councillor but now he'll have the chair it will be a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

the developer was the city council. they hired a contractor to complete the works for them. i think that a case is at present before the high court, which will determine who was to blame for the eyre sq debacle. the buck should stop with the city council. if the development of eyre sq had been completed by the private sector, it would probably have been completed on time and within budget. however accountability is not something that seems to worry the civil servants within city hall. services/planning/heritage/environment et al have alot to answer for with regard to wrongs within the city but seem to prefer attaching blame to builders, developers and others....there is a complete lack of leadership and accountability in college road. it's a far cry from when joe gavin was city manager.....things got done. galway is stultified at present and feck all seems to be done about it! if conneely wants to cause fuss on his way to a nomination for the dail, let him! at least things might get done....

connolly sisters win it hands down for me....irritating self righteous pair of....ladies...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We got Michael D rocking in the Dáil for us, Michael D rocking in the dáil(in the cabinet) *sings along with the Saw Doctors' Michael D*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Eejitt

Connolly sisters are definitely the most annoying, Conneely and Callanan are embarrassing but entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

who did get the mayors job?

and im personnally delighted over the movement in wards so crowe has f@@k all chance of getting elected
    does anybody know of anything he ever did for the areas he represented
    maybe when he was chairman of renmore fc he may of heard of the walkway by the rail track and maybe he could then when elected done something or raised the issue about the lack of lighting and its safety...but know he just wants to be the next frank fahey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Eejitt

axiom32 wrote: »
    who did get the mayors job?
    Conneely

Headline in the Sentinel says "I wont stay silent - declares Mayor Conneely after election". I would expect nothing else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Padraig Connelly by a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭kellyreilly

Today's Advertiser can't make up it's mind as to it believes is better Jesus or Padraig Connelly. It's crazy how this rag and all the media treat him.

"i won't be silenced'...no-one ever tried to silence him yet he always shouts and roars at city council meetings silencing those rational councillors who wish to speak.

It is the Galway media more so than the councillors like Connelly that are so pathetic. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It is the Galway media more so than the councillors like Connelly that are so pathetic. :mad:

They are definitely an unusual lot.
    Anyone else notice the Galway Independent's editorial headline on the subject of everyone's favourite politician?
    "Creme de la Mayor".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

Noel Grealish is by far and away the best Galway has to offer. Will go out of his way to deal with problems quickly and he has a good staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We are glad to have Pete Warren over here in Tuam as our mayor. He is already doing more than all the others have done to get attention to our closed hospital. I'd be in a mind to go up and picket outside the dail with him!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Noel Grealish is by far and away the best Galway has to offer. Will go out of his way to deal with problems quickly and he has a good staff.
    Been a bit quiet on the Claregalway Bypass thing recently, hasn't he? A bit too quiet given that it was pretty much his sole campaign issue...

Another City Council meeting abandoned tonight after Cllr. Callanan brought up again the issue of other councillors alledgedly not paying clamping release fees.

After failing to get the City Council managers to answer his questions, Cllr. Callanan appealed to the Ombudsman to put the info into the public domain..
    Cllr. Tom Costello was released without paying a fine after being clamped for parking in a disabled bay at the Cathedral carpark in March.

Current Mayor Padraig Conneely was released free of charge in March after being clamped on Forster Street, as "he was only there for a short time while leaving a message at the Connaught Tribune".

Cllr Mulholland was also released without charge in 2005 and again in April of this year. The reason given for the removal was that he was on walkabout with Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny.

Independent Cllr Catherine Connolly was also had her clamp removed for free in May 2007, during general election time.

Following the release of the information, Cllr Callanan said he was happy to put a close to the debate but angered that so much time was wasted by city official in covering up the records. http://www.galwayindependent.com/local-news/local-news/cllrs-caught-on-clamping-charge/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

I'm going to go to bat for Éamon Ó Cuív. He's a great politician who does all he can for Galway West. He's easily the most effective TD in Galway, he's straight with people and he gets stuff done. Michael D I quite like as well. Great for a chat so he is.

On the other hand Frank Fahey is a vile,mean excuse for a person. He embodies whats wrong with FF nowadays. Doesnt care. Full Stop.

And don't get me started on that wagon Healy-Eames. Good God what a news hound. You'd swear to God she was Mother Teresa. Horribly ambitious but with no redeeming factors.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

nycman wrote: »
    On the other hand Frank Fahey is a vile,mean excuse for a person. He embodies whats wrong with FF nowadays. Doesnt care. Full Stop.

And don't get me started on that wagon Healy-Eames. Good God what a news hound. You'd swear to God she was Mother Teresa. Horribly ambitious but with no redeeming factors.

Totally agree about Frank , then again imagine what would happen if Crowe or Hanley getting in in his place :eek: . Frank has not got the absolute monopoly on meanness thickness and outright mendacity in Galway FF

I used to think exactly the same as you about Healy Eames but was stunned to hear her speak once ( from the floor not the platform) on certain health issues .

She was the best speaker all night where I only expected prattle and vapid soundbites....like when she proposed sending all Oranmore social housing to Headford :)

And if it was a choice between voting for her and any of Fahey Crowe or Hanley :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Only 5,854 voted for Fahy in 2007. Easy to get the fecker out

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Only 5,854 voted for Fahy in 2007. Easy to get the fecker out

I bet someone said that before the last election as well :pac:
    I'm embarrassed to be from Galway West.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Blody hell, we do have some real turkeys in galway, city and county.
    In the city, we get them "appaled " at the sheer size of a 2-3 storey developement, we had the green nutcase trying to stop the Outer City Bypass, but F Fahey has to be the worst. On the day that the Goverment voted to sentence young girls to an early death over cervical cancer, he was ranting about the Knocknacarragh community centre, not that he will ever get anything done about it. He also opposed the Claregalway by-pass on the grounds that a motorway 11 miles away will solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

He'll be well ****ed if he joins Fianna Fail now.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Michael D is great craic.
    I have met him a few tims and he is really good company.
    The most annoying ones are those that go on Galway Bay Fm and start by criticising what the other party are doing and then start on about what they themselves have done in the past. Most annoying. That Connaughton guy from Mountbellew is a good example.
    I would send him off to europe.....

snubbleste wrote: »
    I bet someone said that before the last election as well :pac: I'm embarrassed to be from Galway West.

Anyone hear Fahey on the national airwaves recently trying to defend Nama and showing his total ignorance on the issue a number of times. Cringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Bit of a zombie thread, but anyway....

For my money, the most annoying by far is O'Brolchain. Last time I heard him on the radio he was praising the great success that is the "Moneen"/Huntsman roundabout!

On his website he still describes himself as Councillor Niall O'B, even though he was kicked out months ago!

Most annoying wannabee politician is Derrick Hambleton. I found him particularly upsetting when I for once found myself agreeing with him when he was criticising O'Brolchain :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Definitely the muppets to blame for the parking meters on the newcastle road,traffic has been chaos there ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

frank fahy today was spinning shear lies on newstalk about nama.
    He actually said that nama wouldnt cost the taxpayer anything! and that the reason that there is no one buying houses is because there is no liquidity in the market, not because of the ridiculous price of houses.
    I expected nothing less tbh. He is an embarrassment to galway.
    He is a property developer with over 30 apartments and houses around the world, a clear conflict of interest.

I hope in the upcoming election that he gets thrown out on his ear. never ever to return.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement