Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of land in Dublin

Options
  • 23-02-2008 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hello,

The back garden of my house backs onto the carpark of a trunk exchange. Between my back wall and the start of the carpark is about 20 feet of unused (grassy) area which is landlocked, i.e. isn't particularly useful for them to put up a new building etc.

My garden's pretty small so I'm considering buying that small patch (about 20sq feet) from them. Before I do so I'd like to have a ballpark figure of how much it should cost.

Has anyone any idea? Or can someone point me in the correct direction to find out? I thought the land registry would be the place but their site didn't help...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Posting this on the internet is possibly not the bext idea, in case someone sees it. Best off talking to a local estate agent.

In central areas land will go for over EUR100m per hectare - thats EUR1,000 per square metre, but outlying areas would only be a fraction of that, perhaps in the order of EUR10m per hectare (EUR100 per m2). If you are talking about about 20 x 20 feet, thats about 37m2 = EUR3,700. Add another few grand for legal costs and a few grand for boundaries.

If they are willing to sell.

Advertisement