Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG Viewty

• 23-02-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Hi I was looking at getting this phone and I was wondering does anybody have any experience with it. It seems to have a very good camera (comparable to the N95 but with a zenon flash) and that is 1 of the main features im looking for. It also looks pretty good.

I was looking at getting the N95 but it is very expensive and the battery life is poor and the main difference seems to be GPS in the N95 and apps which I probably wouldnt use a whole lot.

So does anybody have any opinions on the phone or heard any horror stories?

Oh and on a side note does anybody know why the N95 or the Viewty are'nt on the Three website? I was in a three shop today and they definatly still stock them but I cant find them anywhere. They have been taken off my upgrade page too:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

cooperguy wrote: »

So does anybody have any opinions on the phone or heard any horror stories?

I think i've heard a few horror stories, but can't remember of the top of my head. If nobody is more specific, have a look over on Avforums.com

The firmware upgrade supposedly improves the batter life on the N95 considerably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I got one for my wife. They had just arrived in the shop and were not out on display yet.
    Lovely looking phone, touch screen is excellent. Camera and media functions are far superior to an Iphone. There is no built in wireless though which is a pain. This is not a smart phone so you can not just download and install software on it.

Lovely phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 The Beech

I was talking to "3" Customer Service this morning regarding this phone and apparently it has been withdrawn from 3's phone options. They didn't explain why as they never do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I have one.

It looks lovely, but it's an annoying piece of ****.

Very buggy and annoying to text on (touchscreen is crap for texting.)

I would advise you to not get this phone and to not join the 3 network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭green_onions

I was in the 3 Store in Henry St today and the guy said the Viewty is just out of stock and should be in by Wednesday or Thursday. They're just waiting on the delivery from the warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You know, i thought it would be terrible for texting but its not. The touch buttons are big. Its better for typing than my wifes Ipod touch, which is the same as an Iphone without the phone bit :D

Im not sure about being buggy... she has not complained other than battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Rang up today and they said they dont have them or N95s in stock and (as usual) had no idea when they would be getting them back. Called into my local shop they had it in stock but they couldnt tell me how much it would cost to upgrade without my billing number and to actually upgrade id need a copy of a previous bill, photo ID, proof of address etc. etc. I dont know why anybody uses the shops iv been with 3 for 3 years now and its my first time in one. Its cheaper and way handier online or over the phone and no need to produce wads of paperwork! And as an added bonus for last years upgrade I negotiated a cheaper price for the new phone with the person in the call centre:D

Does anybody have any idea how long it usually takes them to restock so that I can get it through the web/call centre at the moment they dont have any high spec phones on their site at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭green_onions

Just a slight update, popped into the 3 Store today on the off chance it might be in and the girl told me it'll be Saturday at the earliest but possibly even Monday next week before it's in. Apparently it's been out of stock for the last three weeks along with the N95 and a few other phones

Advertisement