Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

re-mapping?

Options
  • 23-02-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I drive an 04 Audi A3 1.9TDI, and one of my mates who's big into cars suggested getting my car re-mapped.

I know zero about this, so any info, experiences about this?

Cheers

Einstein :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

TDI can usually be re-mapped to give about 40 extra hp and extra torque. Do a google for "remapping + TDI"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I've heard from a broker that insurance companies look for evidence of re-mapping when investigating accidents/claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Its up to the individual getting the remap to inform their insurance - just the same as any performance mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I've heard from a broker that insurance companies look for evidence of re-mapping when investigating accidents/claims.

Like what sweet wrappers left in the engine bay by the remapper or fingerprints? :D

Sorry i jest!

A good remap will be untraceable even by a main dealer,try vagdrivers.net for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

tossy wrote: »
    A good remap will be untraceable even by a main dealer,try vagdrivers.net for more info

Assuming the car cannot be started?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

When I got my car remapped, the remapper was able to tell that my car was running standard settings, surely the opposite is also true, i.e. he could tell if it was mapped or not??? Surely if he is able to do it, then I see no reason why the insurance company couldn't. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

fletch wrote: »
    When I got my car remapped, the remapper was able to tell that my car was running standard settings, surely the opposite is also true, i.e. he could tell if it was mapped or not??? Surely if he is able to do it, then I see no reason why the insurance company couldn't. :confused:

I wouldn't say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

ateam wrote: »
    I wouldn't say so.
    On what basis? :)

Advertisement