Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fear about test

Options
  • 23-02-2008 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Failed a driving test with SGS in deansgrange in october, reapplyed the same day i failed and now im doing a test tuesday week. However in the last few days when thinking about the test ive realised that im quite nervous and not looking forward to it. I was confident the first time and cant explain why im feeling like this the second time.

anyone else had this feeling before doing the 2nd or 3rd test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

robck1 wrote: »
    I was confident the first time and cant explain why im feeling like this the second time
    That's the most normal feeling in the world. Most people who have been driving for a while go into their first test full of confidence. Reality sets in for the second test and they suddenly realise that they aren't that good after all and get some proper instruction. Most people pass it second time though!

Good luck with the test and let us know how you get on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 robck1

Thanks,
    Been driving like mad with proper instruction since i failed so fingers crossed. Will let you know,
    R.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Thanks,
    Been driving like mad with proper instruction since i failed so fingers crossed. Will let you know,
    R.

"Driving like mad" will likely incur a grade 3 fault :D:D

Good luck with the test!

In the absence of a witty reply i shall thank you for your encouragement ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RYR154

My Wife will be doing her test next month. She was out for a lesson with the Airport School of motoring today.

The chap said she was mostly a grade 4 Driver with just 1 or 2 items as a grade 3. Over all he said she was a very good driver (Been driving for 8 months) and is quite ready for the test. He is bringing her on a pre-test next week.

Trouble is, we looked at the grading system for the test and a grade 3 is bad.

If he said she was a grade 4 driver and this was a good thing... how come a grade 3 is bad in the test???

She will be sitting her test in an Automatic.

Can anyone tell me if Grade 4 is good or Bad??

• Advertisement

Passed today with SGS on Pottery Road :)
    Second time lucky, real sound tester and i had a RSA tester examiner in the backseat aswell which was weird.

Thank God i never have to do the driving test again

RYR154 wrote: »
    My Wife will be doing her test next month. She was out for a lesson with the Airport School of motoring today.

The chap said she was mostly a grade 4 Driver with just 1 or 2 items as a grade 3. Over all he said she was a very good driver (Been driving for 8 months) and is quite ready for the test. He is bringing her on a pre-test next week.

Trouble is, we looked at the grading system for the test and a grade 3 is bad.

If he said she was a grade 4 driver and this was a good thing... how come a grade 3 is bad in the test???

She will be sitting her test in an Automatic.

Can anyone tell me if Grade 4 is good or Bad??

Em it sounds like the instructor has his own way of rating people.

There are 3 types of faults in the test you can get.

Grade 1 - a minor fault. Has no impact on pass/fail.
    Grade 2 - 4 of these faults for the same item is a fail. 6 under one category heading is a fail. 9 in total in the whole test is a fail.
    Grade 3 - Bad fault. One of these is enough to fail.

There's no Grade 4 faults in the test. She should ask the instructor what he means exactly by a Grade 4 driver.

Second time lucky, real sound tester and i had a RSA tester examiner in the backseat aswell which was weird.

Well done. Now you can drive like mad again ;)

Delighted to hear that. I feel so sorry for anyone with nerves.

Advertisement