Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband in Bennetsbridge

Options
  • 23-02-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anyone providing wireless broadband in Bennetsbridge? I can't get phone line based broadband because the phone line to my house isn't compatible. I know I can go down the O2 or Vodafone route but I'd like to avoid it if I could.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Don't think there's a wireless solution in Bennettsbridge other than a mobile option. If you want something temporary, try Three's new prepaid broadband option. Works like a top-up phone.
    Alternatively, call DigiWeb, they're your best bet for wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Three's PAYG offer looks ok but god help you if you go over the traffic limit - they charge 49c per megabyte! 1GB over the limit would cost you over €500!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Yeah, I noticed that! Pricey!!!
    I think I read somewhere that you need to activate it in order to go outside your allocation and use up credit or else just top up again to get another 10gigs... read the small print... 3G/HSDPA is fine for general web browsing, youtube etc but not really suitable for major downloading or gaming (poor ping rates).
    I'm using their new ZTE modem and must say it's a vast improvement over their old Huawei datacard. Seems to hold the signal better and perform more consistantly, even though I'm on the edge of their coverage. I have it on bill pay, €20 per month for 10gigs. For nothing, really. Although Ice Broadband is just finishing off installing a new high speed network in Stoneyford, which has always been a blackhole for broadband, so I'm looking forward to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

Yeah, I noticed that! Pricey!!!
    I think I read somewhere that you need to activate it in order to go outside your allocation and use up credit or else just top up again to get another 10gigs... read the small print... 3G/HSDPA is fine for general web browsing, youtube etc but not really suitable for major downloading or gaming (poor ping rates).
    I'm using their new ZTE modem and must say it's a vast improvement over their old Huawei datacard. Seems to hold the signal better and perform more consistantly, even though I'm on the edge of their coverage. I have it on bill pay, €20 per month for 10gigs. For nothing, really. Although Ice Broadband is just finishing off installing a new high speed network in Stoneyford, which has always been a blackhole for broadband, so I'm looking forward to that!

Using 3g myself at mo and have the ice installed here in stoneyford but that seems to be on ice (no pun):rolleyes: for the time being:mad: due to them waiting to install microwave link to the MAN on top of carlow? co.co. offices

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

I believe IBB do Bennettsbridge, a friend on mine had it up until recently (he switched to Eircom after doing some work on his house and he took down the antennae)

• Advertisement
Advertisement